This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Steam version has an additional level that isn't on XBLA, but agree with you more artists need to get on board with this.
    If I knew it was going to come to Steam with an extra level, I never would have bought the XBLA version.
    Same. Especially since the extra song added was Still Alive. Talk about a game that would need DLC.
  • Same. Especially since the extra song added was Still Alive. Talk about a game that would need DLC.
    Oh, if that's the extra song, then I don't care.
  • edited September 2010
    Play.com has Mass Effect 2 for £15 but I can then add BC2 for £10 more (2 for £25 deal.). Thinking about it.

Also, probably not going to use the Cerberus network code.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Really fun but surprisingly hard, even on medium.
  • Really fun but surprisingly hard, even on medium.
    that game haunted my childhood. I never did beat it.
  • Play.com has Mass Effect 2 for £15 but I can then add BC2 for £10 more (2 for £25 deal.). Thinking about it.

Also, probably not going to use the Cerberus network code.
    Holy hell. games are cheap here. thank you
  • I keep on playing this title when I need to kill some time

I love my Gameboy Color, its so rad.
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is very, very glitchy. I hope it gets patched soon.
  • Modern Warfare 2
    Recettear
    Minecraft

Huzzah!
  • I Hate Mountains is surprisingly good. There are things you'll stumble on when you first run it but it's lotsa fun once you figure it out.
    One thing I'll say is that the logging house climax is poorly executed as it does spectacle and zombie attack at the same time, whereas you'd usually do spectacle, let it finish, and then bring in the zombies, as otherwise, players won't see the spectacle, being too busy staying alive.
  • Metroid Other M is crap. Completed it in 10 hours and very little of it was fun.
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. ^______^
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. ^______^
    I forgot that came out! I'll have to pick it up at some point, though I probably won't get to playing it until I'm done with Birth By Sleep.
  • What's the best Spyro game?
    Second or third. I have greater nostalgia for second, but third might be actually better. And I'm talking about the original three Spyro games on the Playstation.
    Second or third. I have greater nostalgia for second, but third might be actually better. And I'm talking about the original three Spyro games on the Playstation.
    Spyro is ok, but there are other games in that genre you should make sure you play first. A lot of them are N64 games like Conker or Jet Force Gemini.
    Spyro is ok, but there are other games in that genre you should make sure you play first. A lot of them are N64 games like Conker or Jet Force Gemini.
    Well, I don't have too much experience with N64 games and there is little bit of nostalgia talking considering that Spyro 2 was one of my first PS-one games. Still they are great games (second and third, first is good but lacking compared to the later ones) and even though I played through them multiple times back then, I could still see myself taking them to a ride.
  • I recently couldn't sleep much a few nights in a row so I did a run through of Mario 64 in a couple of days. Having played Banjo Kazooie, conker seemed like a step down in terms of straight platform problem solving and played as more of a flavor game.

I was looking at Spyro mostly as it came out around the time as Crash 2, which was probably the best in the series, given that 3 added so much extra and platformers are all about what you can do with what you've got.

Never played Jet Force though, seems to be something like Ratchet and Clank.
  • Minecraft
    Dont Shit Your Pants
  • I'll echo Minecraft, I picked it up last night and got sucked into what is quickly becoming the next Mines of Moria ...
  • Yosumin - It's a solid puzzle game. You can get the demo free on Steam.
  • I've mostly been playing Minecraft on and off, but today I played a really neat indie RPG called Space Funeral. I highly recommend it, it's only a couple hours long max, there's no grind, and it has a really cool atmosphere. Like Earthbound, but if it was messed up all the way through.
  • I just beat portal, yes I know I am late to the game and won't bother with the phrase.
  • edited September 2010
    Just beat BioShock 2 with the 'Good' ending. The game is a solid shooter with some great visuals, and most of the plasmids are fun to use. I think there should have been some more "use a plasmid on a thing" puzzles, and at times the difficulty on Normal stuck it's toe into obnoxious territory with things like silent enemies spawning in right behind me and blowing me away, but all in all a fun experience. I actually shed a man tear at the ending, and I might pick up the third installation. I haven't touched multiplayer.

I also played Fallout 3 recently, and was sort of disappointed. For some reason I simply can not shoot straight, and beyond that, once I got out of the vault and went to Megaton, I had no fucking clue what I was supposed to do and the Pip-Boy was no help. I also REALLY dislike the interface of open pip-boy, select power, power activates. Mass Effect has a great power selection wheel, as does Dragon Age, and the Fallout 3 way felt clunky and took me out of the action.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I haven't touched multiplayer.
    Don't... It's horrible.
  • and most of the plasmids are fun to use
    Once I got the Bee Plasmid, I never used anything else. It got so powered up and useful in the second game.
  • @MrMacross I've heard really good things about the Minerva's Den DLC if you're playing on a console.