This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Civ V
    Halo: Reach
    DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
  • Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V Civ V
  • Europa Universalis 3: Heir to the Throne. They just announced a fourth expansion: Divine Wind. I CANNOT WAIT!

I played a game through as Byzantium 1399 to 1820, shit was so cash. No fucking Ottoman Empire, no Italy either in this Universe, it's Orthodox Christianity from from Italy to Iraq. I'll edit a screenshot in of the World Map when I get home.

You guys think I should get Victoria 2 or Europa Universalis: Rome next? EU Rome Looks like fun, but I can transfer my save over to Victoria and do some more awesome shit from my throne at Constantinople.
  • Halo: Reach. Best (only) Halo I've played so far.
    I realized lately that despite not being very good at FPS's, I enjoy playing them. Even if I do get spanked in multiplayer.
  • My internet connection is too slow to download Civ V. Fuuuuuck.
    Take your computer to a friend's house or whatever.
    Take your computer to a friend's house or whatever.
    That won't work for my tower. I'll probably bring my laptop over to a friend's tonight, though.
  • That won't work for my tower.
    Pack that baby in the car and grab an ethernet cable just in case.
  • Pack that baby in the car and grab an ethernet cable just in case.
    On campus. No car.
  • Pack that baby in the car and grab an ethernet cable just in case.
    On campus. No car.
    The Internet is slow at a college? WTF.
  • The Internet is slow at a college? WTF.
    I wouldn't be surprised if RIT has the most Internet bandwidth per student of any university in the world.
    Everyone had the same idea and now they are all downloading Civ V. It's a tragedy of the commons.
    Everyone had the same idea and now they are all downloading Civ V. It's a tragedy of the commons.
    If that is true, then all is well.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm in an on-campus apartment, and my fucking ISP has been working for four weeks to fix the download bandwidth on our end, and it's going to take another two weeks to do it. I got promised two free months of 3Mb/s internet because of all the trouble my line has had (no one else in my building is as crippled), but I still feel like that's slow. I might just switch to Comcast and pay twice as much per month for 15Mb/s, because I'm really fucking sick of hauling gear to the library just to get Mediafire music and a few episodes of Fast Karate.
    I wouldn't be surprised if RIT has the most Internet bandwidth per student of any university in the world.
    U of I's is absolutely insane. But like I said, I'm not in a dorm anymore.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You fucking cock.
  • I'm going back to college. Anyone want to pay my tuition?
  • Don't even bother bringing an extra computer. Just log into your account on their computer and download the game. Then either do a backup of the game to an external drive or copy the steamapps folder for your account to the drive.
  • edited September 2010
    Alright, so I've arranged to switch to Comcast. 3Mb/s at $20 a month (my present ISP's maximum offered speed) vs. 15 Mb/s at $40 wasn't even really a decision.

I'll get a speedtest on UIUC's internet in a bit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    The joke is that I can only enjoy that 5Gb/24h. So downloading Civ V (or any new and big game) would still be annoying.
  • I know many people with very slow dorm internet.
  • Wow that makes my job's internet speed look like a joke:

Hey, at least I've got a massive back yard.
  • Trogdor, that's pretty slow.
  • RymRym
    edited September 2010
    Work:
    Post edited by Rym on