This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Sorry, that seemed way more abrasive than I wanted it to be! At any rate, I have now listened to cO and it is great.
  • edited November 2012
    I was being sarcastic, sorry it didn't come across that way. I also personally hate when people take that "WHAT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN/HEARD x?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???" attitude.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Sigur Ros why you make my feels go haywire?

• edited November 2012
    The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die is incredibly uplifting post-emo/twinkle daddy music and it is distracting me from writing my essay.

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2012
    Seasick Steve is fully sick.
    But I already posted him, so here's something dumb.

Also, this is good -

Post edited by Churba on
  • I find this song really cool for some reason

• The new How To Dress Well is really good:
  • The new How to Destroy Angels EP.
  • I went on a JoCo binge and found out he had a new Christmas album. My favourite song from it starts at 0:23 in this video.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm completely fucking obsessed with Kendrick Lamar. Probably because he can make a good mainstream song but isn't a shallow douchebag.

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Math the Band's new album "Get Real" that came out today is a high-energy, electronic pop-punk opus worthy of standing alongside the greats of the genre.

• PandaBoY. Sail is to blame. I recently found his Connect from Madoka remix. It is great.

http://soundcloud.com/pandaboy/connect-night-of-drumnbass
  • edited December 2012
    They really need to do another album like this.

Also
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited December 2012
    If you like Girl Talk, check out Dan Deacon's Wish Book Vol. 1. It might be the hottest mashup album to drop this year.

EDIT: Also, is there some way to get Soundcloud iFrame embeds working?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You have to use the Flash widget and not the HTML 5 one.

• Is that a gangam style grimes mashup...uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Yes, yes it is.
  • I was talking to Dan Deacon on Twitter last night, remarking how cool it would be for him and Girl Talk to do a live mashup set. He replied that he nearly played a secret show with Spank Rock and Girl Talk a year ago, but they got busted by the cops right before they started playing.
  • Autotheism, the most recent album by The Faceless. Not a masterpiece by any means, but one hell of a metal album and definitely an improvement and expansion over their older stuff.
  • The new Prince Rama album is exquisite:

• edited December 2012
    New Sadat X is hot shit. I love this guy's style.

Post edited by Walker on
  • edited December 2012
    I had downloaded the song "Cinnamon Girl" by [dunkelbunt] as part of an electro swing collection a few months back and kept coming back to it because it was super catchy:

I eventually decided to search up more by the guy and happened across this pretty cool single:

Then just today I got some more money in time for Christmas, so I bought a full album of his, Raindrops & Elephants. Pretty awesome range of styles including hip hop, electronic, electro swing, world, and even a bit of classical. Definitely recommended. You can actually listen to the whole album legally and free here:
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Here are my Top 50 Albums of 2012, if anyone is curious.
  • Such funky keyboard...