This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Pillowfight
    Yes. I've been listening to this off and on since it came out. I love it. Vinyl should be arriving this week (I ordered it the week before it came out, but Amazon had to delay my order because I don't know). There needs to be more Emily Wells in the world.
  • I have been in a Steam Powered Giraffe mood lately.

• edited March 2013

My new jam.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Also this

• Every day I smile because this thread is nothing but a wall of embedded YouTubes.
  • Every day I smile because this thread is nothing but a wall of embedded YouTubes.
    /frcf/firstworldanarchists
  • Wrecking Ball is jingoist bullshit and I love it. I'm unsure whether it's a guilty pleasure or not. I will say that it's interesting to hear The Boss' take on Iraq

in comparison to his take on Vietnam

So, yeah, seems the biggest difference between the two great American quagmires is propaganda. That, or the baby boomers sold out.
  • Three guys playing Triple J's Hottest 100 in half an hour.

• I've been playing this song for my first grade students everyday, and it is pretty much permanently stuck in their heads. I hear them humming it all the time and tapping their fingers to the beat. It warms my heart.
  • Some Cat Empire.

• Post-PAX blues. The remedy I've found is a mixture that's two parts Elton John and one part New Ocean Waves.
  • In case you have been having a problem finding things to listen to, I've recently started a new show to help alleviate that problem. The first episode even features one of your fellow forumites.

• edited March 2013
    Now for a little something different, with a song in which a young lass from New York unfavorably compares your vagina to her own.

Post edited by Churba on
  • OzOz
    edited March 2013
    Spent like 10 minutes trying to remember the name of this song, I haven't listened to it in ages.

Edit: The song starts at ~1:57, couldn't find a better quality version of it.

Post edited by Oz on
  • Goddamn this new James Blake album. It's too good. TOO GOOD.
  • New Flaming Lips is fantastic.
  • edited April 2013
    This is a dangerous site for me to discover. And here I thought that the only way for me to hear these was the meh Vini Lopez with Steel Mill versions from '08.

EDIT: Fuck, they aren't full bootlegs. My quest to find the Child @ Richmond VA recording and ALL the original Steel Mill productions continues.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • This album is gonna be so good:
  • Gotta love orchestral compositions

• Ladies and gentlemen, Bruce Springsteen in Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom:
  • edited April 2013
    Now for a little something different, with a song in which a young lass from New York unfavorably compares your vagina to her own.
    Huh, Awkwafina reminds me a lot of art-school. It's like Das Racist but I have to listen-to and stare at an asian hipster chick with huge glasses, and I can't look away. Hot, yet, stand-off-ish.

Don't know whether I should love it or hate it.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Gotta love orchestral compositions