This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• edited September 2013
    This, this is the MLP of music for me. It's from a genre every geek utterly despises but it's a group of self-aware, down to earth, really nice people having fun and it makes me smile every time I listen. Can't believe I actually bought a pop album. Just to make sure I hadn't taken leave of my senses, I checked out acoustic recordings of other popular boy and girl groups and this one absolutely destroys them. YMMV if you didn't grow up in a house with a mother who sang barbershop competitively, probably.

Edit: noticed the k-pop above and thought I'd mention that they seem to be gaining a foothold in Korea due to actually having talent. They even did a Korean version of their first single.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited September 2013
    Dancehall!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2013
    Reggae!

Dancehall!
    I like how her necklace conforms to the shape of her boob.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Alphonse Allais is the man.
  • edited September 2013

I paid for this album on Amazon with real money.
    Post edited by Apreche on

• Catchy catchy catchy

• Can't remember when I first discovered this video, love music vids with animations love this track. Like Daft Punk with Interstella 5555.
  • Somebody told me to listen to RVIVR, and so I did. They're great. However, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is Rainbow Dash singing.

• edited October 2013
    Yeah RVIVR is great. But as for that second part, you're the only one, stop it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Jamie T is my new favorite thing, mostly because of Bruce Springsteen

But his other stuff can also be great.
  • Panic Prevention does what it says on the tin.
  • Finished listening to the VGO Kickstarter album, going to write a full review of it on my site. Not going to lie...its meh.
  • Just found out that there is a new Deltron 3030 album. Event 2.

WTF... And it's freaken insane.

Mind Blown.
  • Gotta love Sam Smith's voice!!

• Just found out that there is a new Deltron 3030 album. Event 2.

WTF... And it's freaken insane.

Mind Blown.
    Oh yeah dude, it's real good. They definitely copied the format of the first one pretty much exactly, but it doesn't feel forced at all and I'm happy with it.
  • I think I could listen to this on loop forever.
  • I was wrong.
  • The best band seemingly named after obese people's genital areas.
  • edited October 2013
    C2C's - Tetra, per Scott's recommendation a while ago. To sum of the album: it's a gospel of funk and electronic that makes you want them to preach more.

As much as I enjoy Delta, I have to say The Cell is my favorite track.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The best band seemingly named after obese people's genital areas.
    They're pretty cool. I found out about them because they were touring with The Wild. I probably would've liked them more if their/the venue's press agent wasn't so ambitious, though going back to them many months after that I was very impressed with Talon of the Hawk.
  • edited October 2013
    The best band seemingly named after obese people's genital areas.
    They're pretty cool. I found out about them because they were touring with The Wild. I probably would've liked them more if their/the venue's press agent wasn't so ambitious, though going back to them many months after that I was very impressed with Talon of the Hawk.
    I found them on the What.CD Staff Picks today.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • This thread. Fast Load. So YouTube. So forum.
  • Listening to a lot of Frenzal Rhomb's newest album "Smoko at the Pet food factory" lately.

• Saintseneca is a revelation that I haven't had in too long.
  • This song reminds me of when I was in middle school thinking about the things I'd do in high school and I think it really speaks well to how you can think about your future but you never really know what will happen.