This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• LOL love it
  • Why didn't anyone tell me there was a new TMBG album?
  • Laura Marling has a few new tracks out, so predictably, I'm right into it.

• LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NITE

• edited May 2013
    LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NITE
    You want to get drunk and bang me on a drainpipe?

Yeah Alright.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It's a folk music kind of morning.
  • Seriously you guys, Anamanaguchi's new album "Endless Fantasy" is amazing. No doubt their best work.
  • New cat empire track.

• I think I found Scott's favourite new band. The megas.
  • The Megas are not new, and they're kinda meh.
  • The Megas are not new, and they're kinda meh.
  • I just discovered Austrian Death Machine in the local HMV and bought both albums pretty much sight unseen. It was a pleasant surprise to discover how great it is.
  • What.cd got an early release of the new The National album "Trouble Will Find Me"
  • These guys played at the radio station yesterday and I've had these couple of songs stuck in my head.

They were really chill to hang with, especially the bassist, who is apparently a CSUN alum. The drummer is really into astrology, though.
  • Oh my god you met them.

OMG OMG.

Seriously though they are my favourite band at the moment so, that's totally awesome.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah, I was recording their session for the station. If I had known, I would have gotten them to sign something for you.

Serena Ryder came in right after them and this song was damn catchy:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Damn, Anamanaguchi. Way to rock for my entire long car commute, there and back. New CD came out last night. There are way too many tracks for me to pass judgement on the whole album yet, but I was NOT expecting to enjoy the tracks w/ vocals so much. Listen to the track Prom Night. If it wasn't chiptunes, it would probably be the epitome of poppy dance songs that I despise. With chiptunes? I've listened to it multiple times today and wish it was a DDR track.
  • edited May 2013
    LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NITE
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Good two weeks in Greg's weirdo world of music. First we had Laura Stevenson and the Can's Wheel come out, and then The Wild's Dreams are Maps arrived with t-shirt and poster. Haven't had much time to listen to them, due to all the shit that's been going on. I needs me my comfort music. Lot's of Greetings form Asbury instead.

Embeds for the kids listening to the Daft Punk that gives them the brain damage, and with all the hippin and the hoppin and the bipppin and the boppin, they forget what the Bruce Springsteen (and folk music) is all about.

• edited May 2013

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • This really feels like it should be one of the fun songs in DDR like the 7 Jump or Pink Dinosaur. It should go in the song list right next to the Whistle Song for obvious reasons.

• The Lonely Island makes some of the best rap tunes, regardless of the comical nature to them.
  • Ghetto Funk is interesting. I'm not in love with it like I was instantly with chill-hop, but it's something everyone should listen to once just to know that shit like that's out there.
    https://soundcloud.com/ghettofunk
  • edited May 2013

Post edited by colbyblogger on
  • edited May 2013
    Holy shit, that song takes me back to the radio days, broadcasting it both over the air and across campus on big speakers, dancing and singing on the balcony with a bunch of people hanging out below dancing along.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Video
    Well someone wants to be the Velvet Underground.

Also, you don't have to all that object html anymore. Now you can just copy/paste the URL.
  • Tons and Tons of MC Frontalot. Also getting an MC Frontalot album off of the Penny Arcade Kickstarter.
  • Video
    Well someone wants to be the Velvet Underground.

Also, you don't have to all that object html anymore. Now you can just copy/paste the URL.
    Velvet underground? Well, someone wants to be La Monte Young and Bo Diddley.