This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• In planning a lunch date with this cute girl I've been going out with, I (for some reason that can be explained by nothing less than madness) suggested that I pick her up and that we go to the Americanna for lunch.

It was only after I hit send that I turned to my dad, who was in the same room, and said "Oh my god WHAT DID I JUST DO? Why did I do that?"
    He looks at me and says, "What? What happened?"
    "I have no idea why I just did that. I cant do that! I can't afford that!"
    "Do what?"
    I then explained what I just did.
    He then proceeded to hand me $40.

I failed hard. My dad is awesome.

Dear god what that woman does to me...
  • Dear god what that woman does to me...
    I that is the first time that has happened then you are doing quite well.
  • [Story]
    Remove your dad from that story and it could be a premise for a episode of a sitcom.

• Youtube automatic CC is both terrible and hilarious. :D

• It seems to be biased toward politics and business. It keeps talking about Clinton and investments.
  • It's like its very own meme generator.
  • Youtube automatic CC is both terrible and hilarious. :D

Scott that's racist!
  • Isn't that how Tom Dan and Steven Magnet got named?
  • It seems to be biased toward politics and business. It keeps talking about Clinton and investments.
    I believe this is because they created the transcription software with examples that included political speeches (and I guess investment seminars?).
  • What is that dish (as in foodstuffs) that Scott has in front of him?
  • Isn't that how Tom Dan and Steven Magnet got named?
    Yes.
  • Fail: Huge exam (80% of my mark!) tomorrow, and I'm taking it in a foreign system with no idea of what to expect and no idea of what difficulty to expect (there hasn't been a single other fucking exam in this class). 'Ere we go.

Booh-yah: The mental satisfaction that comes after a week of drilling the material and knowing there is literally nothing else you could possibly cover or absorb.

Let's dance, CMB2002.
  • Boo-yah: Had a great weekend at Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend, eating and drinking and playing in a big indoor waterpark with a bunch of my closest friends.
    Fail: Accidentally blacked out the first night and ended up puking on the bed (and my girlfriend) in my sleep. Woke up to realize what happened about three hours after the fact.
    Redemption: My girlfriend is awesome and amazing, so she didn't get terribly upset about it, she just made me pay for everything the rest of the weekend. Small price to pay, I intend to do something else for her.
    More substantial boo-yah: Finally got a raise.
  • Boo-yah: Got a job at taco bell (YMMV though)
    Fail: Need a car
    Boo-yah: I know where I can get one
  • Boo-Yah: Jeremy is feeling a lot better from whatever bug he is having, but still has a sore throat and cough.
    Fail: He has to return to work today.
    Fail: It snowed a bit here. He doesn't have the best commute. (He goes to Redmond from Federal Way, for those who live in WA.)
    Boo-Yah: Since I didn't plan on going to work, I decided to do something nice and sweep all the snow off his car and get it warmed up.
    Fail: As I was done and walking back to my apartment, I step on some ice and fall completely on my back/ass in the middle of the road.
    Boo-Yah: Looking up at the sky when it's snowing is quite peaceful.
    Boo-Yah: Definitely not going into work today.
  • Fail: I finally got Netflix.
    Booh-Yah: I finally got Netflix.
  • Fail: There's a 23000W tax on the boat from Busan to Fukuoka that the website said nothing about.
    Moar Fail: No global ATM in the port so I'd have had to do ~30 of walking and miss the check in deadline.
    Boo-Yah: There were two people in line who had the same problem and were willing to lend the the cash until we got to Fukuoka and I could hit up a real bank and get the money.

I don't really mind that there was a tax, just that they didn't add it onto the ticket price when I bought it or even inform me of it at all until I got to the check-in window.
  • Booyah: finished a major project at work.
    Fail: I've had an awful cold all week, but I don't get any paid time off. Or health insurance.
    Double Fail: I just got an email from HR telling me they're going to start paying me $10,000 less per year...starting last month. This is right after three weeks of furloughs, so I'm really not happy about it. I'm definitely looking for a new job.
  • Booyah: finished a major project at work.
    Fail: I've had an awful cold all week, but I don't get any paid time off. Or health insurance.
    Double Fail: I just got an email from HR telling me they're going to start paying me $10,000 less per year...starting last month. This is right after three weeks of furloughs, so I'm really not happy about it. I'm definitely looking for a new job.
    Wow, holy hell that is a shitty group of things to happen. If you're in a software field and are looking for a new job, the company I work for might have openings.
  • Boo-Yah: Out of most of the areas around us, my apartment has power.
    Fail: The internet is down. This was one of the main driving forces to get me to go to work today.
    Fail: My car got stuck trying to get out of my parking space this morning due to all the snow.
    Boo-Yah: The roads to work aren't so bad. Got to work.
    Fail: Two days of missed work = piles of more work to catch up on. Joy.
  • Fail: Stayed up until 3AM last night
    Boo-Yah: Wrote half of the pilot for the internet show I've been shit-talking about for a month now. Hooray for progress!
  • Wow, holy hell that is a shitty group of things to happen. If you're in a software field and are looking for a new job, the company I work for might have openings.
    Thanks! Could you PM/email me a link? I'm a front-end web dev, by the by.
  • Fail: I'm really psyching myself out over everything going on, including getting badges for PAX (and worrying if my panel will be accepted)
    Boo-yah: Things will look up once I start working at taco bell.
  • I went to NAMM today and found out that modular synthesizers are the most wonderful, joy-inducing instruments in the entire world. Specifically, this one:

Anyone here with $15,000 to $25,000 laying around wanna hook me up? :D
  • edited January 2012
    Man, fuck that noise (making machine). My need for cable organization screams in horror at that thing. If I was anywhere near that thing, in my hands would be cable ties and on my face would be the look of "I WILL END YOU, YOU RAT'S NEST".

EDIT:
    Actually, it would be this face.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2012
    Fail: I'm at a hotel and ran out of clean plastic a spoons with which to eat leftover Chinese good.

Booyah: I'm a regular MacGyver

Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Fail: Figured out why one of my cards hadn't been working. Bank thought money spent on JR pass was out of the ordinary, what with being hundreds of dollars at a Busan port.

Moar Fail: They sent notification of this by snail mail. No email. Nothing on the account page. Just a letter that got there a week after the fact.

Booh-Yah: Sorted.
  • Which bank is this for future reference?
  • SunTrust.