This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Fail the Second: So, I've seen the most ferocious metal band on earth play live, which has left me wondering: what's left? I think metal is done. Time to listen to country the burning whispers of my blackened heart.
    Travel the world seeking those who would join with you in forming a more ferocious and awesome metal band.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fail the Second: So, I've seen the most ferocious metal band on earth play live, which has left me wondering: what's left? I think metal is done. Time to listen to country.
    Forge a new and more brutal band in the fires of your hatred.
  • See SunnO))) so you can learn what it's like to vibrate for two and a half hours straight in a numbed stupor.
  • edited January 2010
    Don't. Trust me. Just...Don't. I would sooner recommend bubble-gum pop than country.
    You know, I want to say the same thing, but I feel like there has to be other country artists as awesome Johnny Cash out there somewhere. I just couldn't find them to save my life.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • You know, I want to say the same thing, but I feel like there has to be other country artists as awesome Johnny Cash out there somewhere. I just couldn't find them to save my life.
    Johnny Cash, Townes Van Zandt, David Allen Coe, and Steve Earle are a few. Bluegrass is where it's at, though, for country music. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Yonder Mountain String Band, the String Cheese Incident...bluegrass rocks.
  • edited January 2010
    See SunnO))) so you can learn what it's like to vibrate for two and a half hours straight in a numbed stupor.
    You know what? I spent two and half hours being sonically pummeled into a pile of mush. Nile pushes you way past numbed stupor.
    Forge a new and more brutal band in the fires of your hatred.
    Hm. That would take a lot of hate. Nile's pretty goddamn hate-filled, let me tell you. Every single note they play hates you and wants to kill your dog. I'm not sure how to go beyond that, but I could give it a shot.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Forge a new and more brutal band in the fires of your hatred.
    Hm. That would take a lot of hate. Nile's pretty goddamn hate-filled, let me tell you. Every single note they play hates you and wants to kill your dog. I'm not sure how to go beyond that, but I could give it a shot.
    Oh, I'm totally familiar with Nile's particular brand of throbbing Egyptological hate. However, you can always take it up one more notch. Every note played by Gorgoroth and Carpathian Forest hates the very concept of the existence of you and your family and wants not just to kill all women that surround you, but wants to rape them to death.

Of course, once you hit that level of ridiculous hate, you will have pretty much alienated every human being on earth except for the unique brand of misanthropes that burn churches, or, at the very least, don't care if fellow fans do so.
  • the unique brand of misanthropes that burn churches, or, at the very least, don't care if fellow fans do so.
    Hah! You call that misanthropy? Have you never seen a cathedral raped into dust?
  • the unique brand of misanthropes that burn churches, or, at the very least, don't care if fellow fans do so.
    Hah! You callthatmisanthropy? Have you never seen a cathedral raped into dust?
    No, but I have seen a monastery molested into powder.
    That's nothing, I once saw someone obliterate a basilica with his penis.
  • edited January 2010
    the unique brand of misanthropes that burn churches, or, at the very least, don't care if fellow fans do so.
    That's nothing, I once saw someone obliterate a basilica with his penis.
    I bore witness to a man skullfucking a duomo. That shit HAPPENED.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Boo Yah: Upgraded my Win2k server to Win2k3.
    Fail: Now I have to figure out how to properly configure it.
    Fail 2: I liked Win2k, and the only reason I had to upgrade is because of stupid quickbooks.
  • That's nothing, I once saw someone obliterate a basilica with his penis.
    I keep telling you, that was completely accidental.
  • It is being hashed out. I will post details when we have them assuming Snooty-Pants doesn't ruin it for us.
    *crosses finger for sometime feb 12-13.*
  • Booh yah: Have to buy almost no new texts for this semester.

Fail: One of the most expensive ones I own, which was left in my room over break, has disappeared. FUCK.
  • Fail: GAGH! FUCKING SERVER!!! BEGONE WITH YOU WIN2K3!!! YOU MAKE ME GLAD I DIDN'T BECOME A SYSADMIN!

Booyah: Okay XP! Here we go!

Fail: Whaddaya mean my license key is invalid? It's the sticker right on the fucking case!!
  • I just honestly didn't know where to put this, it's both a thing of my day and a fail of my day:

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, this is part of the official presidential campaign of one of the top 4 candidates, the slogan is "The least worst is the best one!"

Lyrics:

I will vote for Luis
    my baby will soon come
    the least worst is the best one
    that's why I'll choose him
    he is the best choice

He is realistic, no bullshit (in a more loose translation), I believe in him
    that's why in February
    my sincere vote
    will go to Luis

The least worst I'll support
    with flags a feast we'll make (I don't even understand what the fuck it means)
    honking (like with the car horn) I will celebrate
    I will follow him
    for him I will vote
    he is the best

Slogan reads "The least worst is the best. Luis Fishman"

God help us all...
  • WHY WHY can't politics be like this in America.
  • You gotta give the guy credit for having a sense of humor about himself.
  • Coachella lineup looks good; is still expensive.
  • Boo Yah - My office is getting moved to the other side of the building where all the other people on my team are.

Fail - As I will now be seen on a regular basis, I'm going to need to start coming in at a reasonable hour, shaving, and not post on the forum as much.
  • Coachella lineup looks good; is still expensive.
    Damn. I think that's actually pricier than Bonnaroo.
  • edited January 2010
    Coachella lineup looks good; is still expensive.
    Damn. I think that's actually pricier than Bonnaroo.
    You know, You say it's good, but I don't know who any of those people are. My perfect coachella would be Daft Punk, Queen, JoCo, MC frontalot, ABBA, BeeGees, and Blondie.

All be it, a good portion of the band members in those bands are dead.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2010
    Albeit, a good portion of the band members in those bands are dead.
    Thomas Bangalter will live forever.
  • edited January 2010
    I don't know who any of those people are.
    If you're a DJ and you don't know Deadmau5, Benny Benassi, LCD Soundsystem, or Infected Mushroom, educate yo-self.

You are going to dig LCD so hard if you like Daft Punk.

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2010
    Infected Mushroom
    When I had the chickenpox, I took tramadol (for pain, people) and turned on the albums Classical Mushroom and IM the Supervisor. I then got in bed and tripped out in this meld of sleep, opiate haze, and barely-tolerable agony for 24 hours.

Infected Mushroom is incredible.

Also, I saw part of Deadmau5's Lolla set. Incredible. And I broke it down with a bunch of British guys to Simian Mobile Disco. Also saw Crookers do a mix of Major Lazer's "Pon De Floor" that was so hot and energetic I thought people around me were going to riot.

Trance to melt your face:

And Canadian House to shatter your bones with massive four-to-the-floor beats:

Check out Diplo, too.
  • Not sure what to call it but I'm getting as much a rush out of this Mass race as a normal election night... I am a freaking politicial junky (and the democrats are going to lose too that's why it's a fail)
  • edited January 2010
    Not sure what to call it
    creepy ~_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Boo-Yah: Brewing beer in general.

Fail: Holy fucking shit, decoction mashing is complicated.
  • Boo-Yah: Getting back into Tae Kwon Do.

Fail: I worked so long and hard that I feel like I have a flu without the sore throat and congestion.