This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The Miata is a nice car to begin with, let alone when you consider the type of car it could be. Put an aftermarket twin turbo on that motherfucker and raise hell.
    Nice as the Miata is, I'm still even more in love with the old MR2s. I'm about equally in love with the new MR2s and the Miata.
    Can't you just cut a hole on the hood and put a giant Whipple Supercharger on it?

EDIT:
    SEE! total sleeper car!
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Fail: Lost the shipping invoice for a Threadless order so I can exhange a hoody.
    Boo-Yah: Found out I can just fill out one online.
    Fail: I have a small chance of exchanging it in the correct size since there are apparently only 7 more in my size left.

*crosses fingers*
  • edited November 2010
    Booh-yah: I have finished reviewing dozens of pages of notes, watching every lecture, and doing nearly every practice problem in preparation for my orgo exam tomorrow.
    Fail: I still can't shake the feeling that I'm unprepared. Fuck online courses.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

Supercharger? Looks more like a minigun!
    SEE! total sleeper car!
    I am Heavy Veapons Guy, and zis is my new veapon.
  • edited November 2010
    I not sure why everyone thinks this car needs more power. It was sliding all over the place on the wet roads last night.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I like your new avatar.
  • I not sure why everyone thinks this car needs more power. It was sliding all over the place on the wet roads last night.
    You may want to check which Class of tire they put on your car. They may not be able to handle your car's performance. It happened with my 6.

Have you considered a vanity license plate? May I suggest: "3RD BASE"
  • edited November 2010
    You may want to check which Class of tire they put on your car. They may not be able to handle your car's performance. It happened with my 6.
    It's summer rubber, they just suck in the wet it seems. I need to check the tire pressure and make sure it's up to par.

EDIT: I'm going to see if I can hit the dealer up for new tires. My climate necessitates all-season tires really.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Booyah: My comic making lesson went over extremely well today.
    Fail: I was docked points because I forgot to print out my lesson plan.
  • edited November 2010
    Booh-Yah: Got a copy of the Tangled soundtrack.
    Fail: Most of the songs are reprises.
    Booh-Yah: The music is still really good and Mandy Moore has a very pretty voice.
    Fail: The villain song is no where near as good as Friends on the Other Side
    Booh-Yah: The reprises are more like separate songs with a similar idea than the same song repeated at different lengths or different arrangements/tempos.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I not sure why everyone thinks this car needs more power.
    Every car needs more power.
  • Every car needs more power.
    Except that one. Miatas are a perfect balance of grace and power.
    As Jeremy Clarkson would put it "POOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEER!"
  • edited November 2010
    Every car needs more power.
    Bullshit. A perfect balance of grace and power is the next-gen Lotus Esprit R. I am not satisfied with such a "balance" unless a 600hp engine is involved with a <2700lb curb weight.

In fact, the Esprit doesn't make that weight requirement! However, it's still sleek enough. Other cars that achieve that perfect balance: the Porsche Carrera GT, the Audi R8 V10, the Ferrari California, and the Koenigsegg CCX.

The CCX is likely a perfect automobile. 2601lbs curb, 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) bhp.
  • Fail: Sick sick, so very sick.
    Boo-Yah: Bought Super Meat Boy and played it all day.
    Fail: Still sick......
    Boo-Yah: More Super Meat Boy tomorrow then!
    I actually created in Forza 3 what a miata would be with a supercharger. It was nigh undrivable at race speed. I have no doubt the shear acceleration of the thing would be awesome, but it would be so unmanagable in the corners without a much firmer suspension and wider tires to try and get the power on the road. And those changes would ruin the best thing about the miata after the handling, the ride quality. It rides so nice for a low slung sports car.
  • edited November 2010
    Imagine that CCX in comparison. 1000bhp, and lighter than the current gen Miata. Better drag coefficient and lower center of gravity, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Fail: Yesterday, Mali, one of the baby Sumatran tiger cubs at the local zoo, underwent surgery and went under cardiac arrest and may have had brain damage.
    Fail: Things were looking very grim yesterday and it made me so sad and had me in tears for the poor thing.
    Boo-Yah: There seems to be a bit of progress, but she's still in critical condition.

I am hoping for the best, even though it's against the odds. I remember seeing the cubs on CCTV when they were only a few weeks old. I never go to see them in person. I hope I do get to see both them. ; _ ;

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Imagine that CCX in comparison. 1000bhp, and lighter than the current gen Miata. Better drag coefficient and lower center of gravity, though.
    Driven that too in Forza 3, motherfucking impossible to drive that car.
  • Fail: Yesterday, Mali, one of the baby Sumatran tiger cubs at the local zoo,underwent surgery and went under cardiac arrest and may have had brain damage.
    I saw them several times over the summer because my sister volenteered there. They were quite cute. Now I am sad.
  • edited November 2010
    What I did today: We're using drupal 7 (experimental drupal!) with a bunch of dev (read: unstable and/or cutting edge) modules on our development server, and today I decided to update everything...

Fail: I updated drupal to the newest beta, and it started giving me errors.
    Fail Harder: I tried to upgrade the modules, but they wouldn't upgrade through the web interface.
    Fail with a Vengeance: After I tried upgrading with drush (a command line tool), it stopped working, the website went to blank screen, and PHP crashed.
    Live Free or Fail: I messed around with git for about an hour trying to restore things, but that just made the server ANGRIER.

Boo yah: After applying vast amounts of git-fu, everything is back up, updated, and running slicker than ever.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Except that one. Miatas are a perfect balance of grace and power.
    You should Drive a Holden Clubsport Bathurst edition - It's the most fun I've had behind the wheel, Ever. I was laughing my fucking guts out the whole time, I loved it. Don't Drive a HSV Maloo. You'll die.
  • Boo-yah: I went to a friend's birthday party at CiCi's. Seeing people was fun. I found out another couple I know are pregnant, and I have the feeling that one friend is making a move on another friend.

Fail:CiCi's is horrible in every sense of the word.
  • Fail:CiCi's is horrible in every sense of the word.
    I was hoping this would be the "fail" portion. Reminds me of a Chuck E. Cheese with all of the fun removed, and only shitty pizza left.
  • Fail: a mouth-breather got put in the cubicle next to me a few months back. Even worse, said individual enjoys having other mouth breathers come over to his cube to talk about technology, gaming, and every other topic even remotely interesting to me, except every sentence they utter is blatantly wrong or misinformed. We're not even getting into horrible opinions, this is just factual error.

Boo-Yah: he will be going on rotation to another group for up to 6 months starting in February!
  • Even worse, said individual enjoys having other mouth breathers come over to his cube to talk about technology, gaming, and every other topic even remotely interesting to me, except every sentence they utter is blatantly wrong or misinformed. We're not even getting into horrible opinions, this is just factual error.
    I kinda really hope this is just brilliant IRL trolling.
  • Boo-Yah!: Really looking forward to 4 shows that will be on TV Sunday Night: Venture Brothers season finally, The Walking Dead, Brew Masters, and Futurama Holiday Spectacular!!! WOOT!

Fail: The last 3 start at the same fucking time!

Boo-Yah: DVR!
  • Boo-Yah: DVR!
    Can DVR record 3 shows at the same time?
  • Boo-Yah: DVR!
    Can DVR record 3 shows at the same time?
    It can record 2, and I'll watch the 3rd on my bedroom TV.