This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• We went in knowing it was a mistake.
    It was a glorious, beery, meaty mistake.
    That was restaurant week when I visited. A horrible/awesome mistake.
    We should plan your next visit to line up with the opening of a Brazilian Steakhouse.
  • We should plan your next visit to line up with the opening of a Brazilian Steakhouse.
    HOORAY FOR BAD DECISIONS!!!! ^_^
  • We should plan your next visit to line up with the opening of a Brazilian Steakhouse.
    I love that kind of steakhouse too. They take a meat, see? And then they grill it while wrapped in two other kinds of meat, one of them being bacon typically. Then they put a meat sauce on it. Then, as a side, they serve rice with bacon wrapped scallops in it, covered in meat sauce.
    They also wrap their meat sauce in bacon.
    I'm not joking.
  • edited November 2010
    BOO-YAH: Continued browsing has uncovered a one owner 2007 Porsche Cayman that looks much nicer.
    Be aware of the fact that the Cayman has a sealed engine bay.
    We should plan your next visit to line up with the opening of a Brazilian Steakhouse.
    I love that kind of steakhouse too. They take a meat, see? And then they grill it while wrapped in two other kinds of meat, one of them being bacon typically. Then they put a meat sauce on it. Then, as a side, they serve rice with bacon wrapped scallops in it, covered in meat sauce.
    They also wrap their meat sauce in bacon.
    I'm not joking.
    It's all true. My friends and I are hitting Fogo de Chao in about a week for lunch. $30. All you can eat. Beef ribs and lamb shanks included. Crispy polenta and bacon scallops. Awesome salad bar. Fantastic restaurant. Drool.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • God, I went to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ place once. I've never felt like that after eating in my life. Not just full, but a really heavy fullness, that only comes from eating like 4 pounds of meat.
  • The last one I went to was in Bethesda, and they had these skewers of beef brisket and chorizo.

I almost cried it was so good.
  • God, I went to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ place once. I've never felt like that after eating in my life. Not just full, but a reallyheavyfullness, that only comes from eating like 4 pounds of meat.
    Aren't you a vegan? Or was that someone else?
  • Aren't you a vegan? Or was that someone else?
    Yes, but I wasn't always. :)
  • This may have been in pre-vegetarian times.
  • Aren't you a vegan? Or was that someone else?
    Yes, but I wasn't always. :)
    Too much of a good thing, eh? :P
  • Too much of a good thing, eh? :P
    Actually, my last day as a meat-eater was a huge 4th of July BBQ. I made it count.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2010
    I didn't actually eat any meat yesterday. This was not intentional, but I realized it this morning.

edit: I craved it so badly over lunch I went to Schnippers for a burger.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Oh, come on, a vegetarian day is not bad once in a while. I do that on purpose.
  • Oh, come on, a vegetarian day is not bad once in a while. I do that on purpose.
    I'm not saying it's bad. I just realized it, and independently didn't pay attention to what thread I was in. ;^)
  • edited November 2010
    Substitute eggs for meat. They are just as delicious, and still vegetarian!

Though, nothing goes better with poached eggs and hash browns than some crisp slab bacon.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Boo-yah: VIZ has a bunch of internships for this fall.
    Fail: ...In San Francisco. Maybe some of you west coasters could jump on this.
  • I craved it so badly over lunch I went to Schnippers for a burger.
    Haha, I did the same today.
    I'm not saying it's bad, but in actual fact, it is.
  • Boo-yah: VIZ has a bunch ofinternshipsfor this fall.
    Fail: ...In San Francisco. Maybe some of you west coasters could jump on this.
    Just when I thought I was going to get to write Finnbarr Saunders and his Double Entendres.
  • Fail: I just realized I had Pokemon bedsheets.
    Boo-yah: I just realized I still have Pokemon bedsheets.
  • Fail: I didn't have Pokemon bedsheets.
    Boo-yah: I didn't have Pokemon bedsheets.
  • To my defense, they are old as hell. XD
  • To my defense, they are old as hell. XD
    If they are in still quality condition, you can totally make awesome things out of it.
  • Pokemon pimp cape and matching hat.
  • Oh man, I just remembered I have a Pokemon pillowcase that's still in good condition! I want to make cool stuff out of it now.
  • I have a Pokemon Towel, but that's really only good for Towel-capes. Not so much for other creative uses.
  • At home I've got Batman: TAS sheets, comforter and curtains in a closet and a Ninja Turtles towel that's older than I am. No Pokemon stuff besides games though =(
  • If they are in still quality condition, you can totally make awesome things out of it.
    My girlfriend turned her old Star Wars sheets that were starting to disintegrate into a hamper.
  • Boo-Yah: Fire! Made from a whole dead tree. I managed to cut through a wet tatami mat in one go, not quite right, but damn good for a first try.
    Fail: I wasn't sober enough to leave before the drama llama reared its ugly head.
  • Fire! Made from a whole dead tree. I managed to cut through a wet tatami mat in one go, not quite right, but damn good for a first try.
    I can't reconcile these two statements.