This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• My store didn't even get Tomboy. I'm going to camp my favorite stores to try and snag the Fela at some point.
  • edited April 2011
    Pulled my first all-nighter in Uni tonight. It's brought to you by what I'm calling Venezuelan Coffee: Santa Teresa rum, coffee, and whipped cream as a substitute for actual cream. It took a few tries to get the proportions correct so I've been hovering around the Ballmer Peak for the past few hours.

EDIT: Dammit! Just found out the assignment I spent most of the weekend doing isn't due until NEXT Monday.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited April 2011
    Pulled my first all-nighter in Uni tonight. It's brought to you by what I'm calling Venezuelan Coffee: Santa Teresa rum, coffee, and whipped cream as a substitute for actual cream. It took a few tries to get the proportions correct so I've been hovering around the Ballmer Peak for the past few hours.
    The Ballmer Peak is a dangerous precipice. Mind yourself.
    EDIT: Dammit! Just found out the assignment I spent most of the weekend doing isn't due until NEXT Monday.
    EDIT: What did I tell you?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's not so bad. I got everything finished that needed to be done by Monday and that assignment's mostly done. Just need to gussy it up with some CSS.
  • Boo-Yah:

Fail: Valve is refusing to let me install it :X
  • Try setting Steam to offline and changing the date?
  • Booh-Yah: New T.M.Revolution album came out today!
    Fail: Of course, buying it now costs an absurd amount of money (like $40) for 12 songs.
    Booh-Yah: Pirated.
    Fail: Pirating music from an artist I would love to support (I bought three of his albums legitimately because they had American releases at reasonable prices).
  • Boo-Yah: The town of Bethlehem, NY, will allow a nanobrewery on nearly any property as de minimis use...

Fail: Provided that I have no sign to advertise the existence of the nanobrewery.

Boo-Yah: But if I do want to put up a sign, it's still allowed pending a site plan review and approval.

Hoping for: a dude who is easily bribed with beer.
  • edited April 2011
    Fail: Weird Al wanted to record a parody of "Born this Way." After asking Lady Gaga nicely and providing a lyric sheet to her with the final version of the parody lyrics, her producers told him that they actually needed to hear the song in it's completed form before they could okay it. He recorded it at great cost...and Lady Gaga said no.
    Boo-Yah: He posted it on Youtube.

Edit: According to Stephen Thompson of NPR music, Lady Gaga has given in allowed this song to be on the next album. They're also going to do an awesome music video. Excite.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Just found out there are several Disney Eurobeat albums. It remains to be seen whether this is boo-yah or fail.
  • Boo-Yah: He posted it on Youtube.
    ...and will be releasing it for free online soon.
    Just found out there are several Disney Eurobeat albums. It remains to be seen whether this is boo-yah or fail.
    WHAT. MUST LISTEN NOW.
  • WHAT. MUST LISTEN NOW.
    It's about 50/50 really good stuff and quite meh stuff. But that's really par for the course with these Japanese Disney albums. Dive into Disney and Mosh Pit on Disney are the best of the bunch.
  • edited April 2011
    Fail: Weird Al wanted to record a parody of "Born this Way." After asking Lady Gaga nicely and providing a lyric sheet to her with the final version of the parody lyrics, her producers told him that they actually needed to hear the song in it's completed form before they could okay it. He recorded it at great cost...and Lady Gaga said no.
    Boo-Yah: He posted it on Youtube.
    UPDATE! UPDATE: GAGA AGENT REGRETS GAG ORDER AGAINST GARISH GENT

Short version - Agent never forwarded it to Lady GaGa, made the call himself, GaGa heard about this thanks to the internet outcry, heard it, loves it, and the agent is very sorry, and it's now going to be on the album.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • several Disney Eurobeat albums
    Dive into Disney and Mosh Pit on Disney
    I now have all of these but I haven't gotten to listen to them yet. There is a Eurobeat version of Ave Maria which could be freaking amazing or terrible (possibly hilariously so).
  • Fail: Wasted some valuable Portal 2 time this evening trying to load LSDJ onto a very touchy Gameboy flash cart.

Boo-yah: After some time emailing back and forth with the guy I bought it from, finally got it to work! And it's awesome.
  • Listening to Eurobeat Disney makes me think about Initial D, except with Disney characters. I don't know if this is a fail or a booh yah.
  • Fail: Didn't add the latest FNPL recording to my diary.
    Boo-yah: Probably had a more fun on my date than talking to the (other) nerds.
    Fail: Could have done both with better scheduling.
  • edited April 2011
    Edit: According to Stephen Thompson of NPR music, Lady Gaga has given in allowed this song to be on the next album. They're also going to do an awesome music video. Excite.
    Wow, considering that they have pretty much zero legal right to stop him, that's not really suprising. The music video thing is cool though... sounds like even if Churba's scoop isn't genuine, her lawyer told her she can't stop him if he decides to go through with it, and instead of sulking she decided to make the best.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Wow, considering that she has pretty much zero legal right to stop him, that's real big of her. The music video thing is cool though... sounds like her lawyer told her she can't stop him if he decides to go through with it, and instead of sulking she decided to make the best.
    Nah, having met a few entertainment managers, I can believe this story happened as Al Told it - and this isn't the first time something like this has happened, after all, the reverse happened with Coolio, and Atlantic records told Al to take a hike doing a parody of James Blunt(Which James Blunt had already blessed).
  • Wow, considering that she has pretty much zero legal right to stop him, that's real big of her. The music video thing is cool though... sounds like her lawyer told her she can't stop him if he decides to go through with it, and instead of sulking she decided to make the best.
    Nah, having met a few entertainment managers, I can believe this story happened as Al Told it - and this isn't the first time something like this has happened, after all, the reverse happened with Coolio, and Atlantic records told Al to take a hike doing a parody of James Blunt(Which James Blunt had already blessed).
    Yeah dude, I revised my post after I saw your link. Sorry you got to it in the 30 seconds it took me to fix it. :P
  • Yeah dude, I revised my post after I saw your link. Sorry you got to it in the 30 seconds it took me to fix it. :P
    S'arite, My fault for jumping on it.
  • Fail: Didn't add the latest FNPL recording to my diary.
    Scott forgot too. While I regret not attending myself, I was not so foolish as to RSVP, knowing I wouldn't be available this week. ;^)
  • I'm really surprised it wasn't in my diary, as I keep track of everything with it. Maybe it got deleted somehow, with synching between my iphone and macbook? Or maybe I was just an idiot for a moment?
  • Fail: As posted in Fail Thread, my PS3 that's backwards compatible can no longer read discs.
    Fail: To get it fixed it will be $130.
    Fail: I can trade it in and get a refurbished new system that isn't backwards compatible is $100.
    Boo Yah: They have a new PS3 bundle at the canteen at work.
    Fail: It's not backwards compatible and it's $400.
    BooYah/Fail: It comes with that PS Move which is kinda interesting even though I hear it's not that great.
    BooYah: I just found out that I apparently won some sort of raffle from a long time ago for a $200 gift certificate.

I can use that towards the purchase of the new PS3 bundle and put the rest on my store account that I pay through my payroll of small increments that's tax and interest free. Jeremy offered to pay to have the old one fixed so we can use it in the bedroom and/or computer room.

I will have to weigh my options.
  • I wish my PS3 was backwards compatible. :( I haz lots of PS2 games that just don't get played anymore. (ie the Kingdom Hearts Saga)
  • Fail: Community's season is about to end
    Boo-Yah: Community got renewed!
    Super Boo-Yah: New Community is happening right now :D
  • edited April 2011
    I'm really surprised it wasn't in my diary, as I keep track of everything with it. Maybe it got deleted somehow, with synching between my iphone and macbook? Or maybe I was just an idiot for a moment?
    I was wondering what happened to you... Timo didn't show either.
    Just found out there are several Disney Eurobeat albums. It remains to be seen whether this is boo-yah or fail.
    Wow, Mega NRG Man is in there. He did some of my favorite Initial D songs.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Boo-Yah: Community got renewed!
    Yes yes yes yes! YES!
  • Boo-yah: Finally got my PS3 MIDI adapter so I can play me some real guitar!
    Fail: My fingers hurt like hell now, and probably will for a good while.
  • Boo-yah: Finally got my PS3 MIDI adapter so I can play me some real guitar!
    Fail: My fingers hurt like hell now, and probably will for a good while.
    That just means it's working!