This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Boo-Yah!: My pippeting does not suck :D
    Fail: It looks like our NA assay needs to be revised
    Boo-Yah!: I might have to revise it :D
    Fail: Wait, I might have to revise it? :O
    I started reading that, and by the end I still had no idea what you mean. What is pippeting? What is a NA assay?
  • edited March 2011
    Pippeting:

NA assay (Neuraminidase):
    Is a fluorimetric assay we use to measure the NA ammount in our product.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • FAIL: I have the SATs Saturday, AIME Thursday, and my black belt test a week from Saturday.

BOO-YAH: Doing well on all of these would be awesome.
  • Booyah: Worked a little over a double shift today in Console Freeplay.
    Fail: Can't feel my legs. Didn't sleep last night due to everyone forgetting to turn off Baluga.
    Booyah: Managed to stay awake and chipper until 10pm!
    Fail: I DRANK SO MANY REDBULLS YOU HAVE NO IDEA
  • edited March 2011
    Fail: Old Xbox's disc drive is limping along, but definitely dying.
    Boo-Yah: Got $150 in GameStop gift certificates from Points2Shop for free to get a new 250GB Xbox and they came today.
    Fail: Every single motherfucking GameStop within 100 miles has no 250GB Xbox's without a Kinect.
    Fail the Second: None of the five near me know when they're getting any more.
    Fuckity fuck fucking fuckity fucking fuck FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

fuck.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Fail: Old Xbox's disc drive is limping along, but definitely dying.
    Boo-Yah: Got $150 in GameStop gift certificates from Points2Shop for free to get a new 250GB Xbox and they came today.
    Fail: Every single motherfucking GameStop within 100 miles has no 250GB Xbox's without a Kinect.
    fuck.
    Just get the one with Kinect and return/sell back the Kinect part. You can do this when you get the new Xbox, it's really common and very easy.
  • Order one online.
  • Fail: Old Xbox's disc drive is limping along, but definitely dying.
    fuck.
    Just get the one with Kinect and return/sell back the Kinect part. You can do this when you get the new Xbox, it's really common and very easy.
    They would not buy the Kinect back for the hundred dollars more it would cost to buy the thing.
    I was considering ordering one online, but I can get additional money towards the new system if I trade my old one in at the same time. Without the trade in, I loose the value towards the new system and have to pay more in shipping. That being said, if NONE of the GameStops get one in this week, I will order online.
  • Fail: It looks like my current job is only going to last a month.
    Boo-yah: The reason for it is that I'm probably going to get poached by Infineon Technologies, and I'm going to enjoy a better commute and earn after taxes what my current job pays me before taxes.
  • Boo-yah: The reason for it is that I'm probably going to get poached by Infineon Technologies, and I'm going to enjoy a better commute and earn after taxes what my current job pays me before taxes.
    Very cool.
  • Fail: I have a cold. I don't think I can go out this evening.
    Win: I can still juggle. Today I broke my record with 5 club backcrosses. I've been practicing this one trick for an hour every day, and have done so for the last 23 days since my last day off. And for about 32 days since getting back into this one trick seriously.
    Fail: My hands hurt.
  • Last week I was a contagious vector of awesome.

Now I am just a contagious vector of epic sore throat and runny nose.
  • edited March 2011
    Last week I was a contagious vector of awesome.

Now I am just a contagious vector of epic sore throat and runny nose.
    Sorry! :-p Probably wasn't my fault since I make a point to stay away from you anyway :-p

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only plague bearer at the convention. The one sucky part of early spring.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only plague bearer at the convention. The one sucky part of early spring.
    Meh. Worth it.

I did an all-day trip to Albany yesterday to do policy stuff, which was very educational, but I pushed myself harder than I probably should have. That probably made it worse than it would have been.
  • I did an all-day trip to Albany yesterday to do policy stuff, which was very educational, but I pushed myself harder than I probably should have. That probably made it worse than it would have been.
    Yea I was worried that would happen over this past weekend since I was up from 7 to 2 am 3 days in a row. But it looks like my immune system held up probably due to the fact that I didn't drink as well :-p
  • Boo yah: It's Friday, and I've survived my first week with this new client.
    Fail: Though I was basically just dealing with administrative stuff. Also, I didn't have coffee this morning, and the sun is hitting my back... and I'm... so... sleepy....
    Fail: Though I was basically just dealing with administrative stuff. Also, I didn't have coffee this morning, and the sun is hitting my back... and I'm... so... sleepy....
    It is sunny there. It is not here. I'm ready for sandals weather. I haz jealous.
  • It is sunny there. It is not here. I'm ready for sandals weather. I haz jealous.
    It looks like it's going to get nice over the weekend / next week for you guys, though. It's going to start raining again Monday, here.
    It is sunny there. It is not here. I'm ready for sandals weather. I haz jealous.
    When we left Boston it was snowing. When we got to Georgia it was 74 degrees. I has sandals weather. ^______^
  • While Pat and I think the coffin we made came out kinda shitty, everyone involved with the filming of it seems to really like it and the coat of paint improved it vastly. Given the chance, we could make it over again much better.
  • To follow up on earlier:

Kinda fail: I quit today and after offering to stay until the end of the month, my employer more or less kicked me out.
    Boo-Yah: I'm starting with Infineon on the 1st
    Not sure how to classify: Rather than working and earning money, I'm spending the next week and a half watching ponies, Dr. House, hockey and with Lego.
  • Not sure how to classify: Rather than working and earning money, I'm spending the next week and a half watching ponies, Dr. House, hockey and with Lego.
    If you have enough money to sustain you, I'd say doing what you want to for nearly two weeks is a win.
  • Discussing philosophy / science in a My Little Pony thread in lieu of working on my Engineering thesis.
  • Discussing philosophy / science in a My Little Pony thread in lieu of working on my Engineering thesis.
  • No deadlines looming yet, or I'd have posted in "Fail" rather than "Fail of Boo-Yah"
  • New York weather, Y U DO DIS?
  • edited March 2011
    Fail: Sound chip on my parent's motherboard died.

Boo-Yah: Got a new sound card. The first thing I played to test it was Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Fail: Some of my teachers are unprofessional jerks that don't have any idea what's going on in their classroom or what their own rules are, so I got to be made fun and insulted in the middle of class for about 5 minutes, had my iPod taken up, and told that I couldn't take this class next year (a general makeup class) for any reason whatsoever.

Boo-Yah: I'm in the right, and by the end of this week I'll have finished a semester's worth of History work.

boo-Yah - The Squeakquel: I may be going to an arcade this afternoon thanks to my mom.
  • so I got to be made fun and insulted in the middle of class for about 5 minutes
    See, that's the thing, once it gets here I'd just tell him to go fuck him/her self and walk straight to the director/dean/school board
  • so I got to be made fun and insulted in the middle of class for about 5 minutes
    See, that's the thing, once it gets here I'd just tell him to go fuck him/her self and walk straight to the director/dean/school board
    We have a meeting set up with my assistant principle soon so that we can see if we can do anything about this. I need to have this class next year because I can't afford to spend any money on summer school or online classes, which I could have had more time in this class if my counselor didn't wrongly suggest I give up time in this class.

I really dislike this high school.