This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Santa Row Crew (Forum Secret Santa Sign-up)

Comments

• I'm starting to think that mine just got lost in the mail :(
    Poor Mr. Roboto...
    A while ago, I got a whisper from my secret santa and he told me why mine didn't come as soon as it should have: he got laid off. I felt pretty bad after that because of the big stink I made a few months ago.
  • My santee receive his gift, so I'm glad. He has not posted pictures though, which I forgot to take myself. (My Deviantart needs feed.)
    A while ago, I got a whisper from my secret santa and he told me why mine didn't come as soon as it should have: he got laid off. I felt pretty bad after that because of the big stink I made a few months ago.
    I really don't have a problem if my santa can't send me a gift for economical reasons, even if he/she just forgot, I don't mind, I sent mine and my santee received it. I'd just be bummed out if they did send the present and it got lost in the mail.
  • My santee receive his gift, so I'm glad. He has not posted pictures though, which I forgot to take myself. (My Deviantart needs feed.)
    Damit I keep forgetting too clean off my SD card. Will post here in a bit.
  • edited September 2010
    *Bump*

Was wondering if we can get this started earlier, so we can have more time to work on our presents.

Would you mind setting this up again, Neito? I'll forgive you for not sending me my present. ^____~
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Also, please post addresses correctly. I remember last year I sent something via Amazon, it was confirmed delivered, and then the person said they never got anything.
  • I'd be up for it again
  • So would I, especially since I actually have disposable cash this time around.
  • Would you mind setting this up again, Neito?
    I whispered him about this a few days ago. If he's not willing/able to do it this year, I'll run it.
  • I'm in, hopefully Steam won't totally devalue my gift this time.
  • Is there a secret santa managing software out there?
  • Is there a secret santa managing software out there?
    Apparently so. However, I can't be sure if they are any good.
  • Yeah, I just went through four or five of them and they all have at lease one glaring flaw that makes them mostly unusable. I think a Google Docs form is the way to go.
  • I'm quite tempted. Sign me up. Even if I don't have the cash, I'll hand-make something.
  • You'll still have to ship it across half the world though. Unless Cheese signs up, sadly he died.
  • You'll still have to ship it across half the world though. Unless Cheese signs up, sadly he died.
    His sudden death was indeed a tragedy, but he gave right back to that wild elephant as good as he got. Though, if manage to get Thane of Cawdor in the draw, I already know what I'm getting for him - A Queensland Maroons Jersey. /nobody else will get this joke

I'm cool with shipping international, though.
  • I might be up for this, this year.
  • I would be up for it. I, however, live in Austria, Europe and I have no idea if people would be ok with the longer waiting time and additional shipping costs.
  • edited September 2010
    I would be up for it. I, however, live in Austria, Europe and I have no idea if people would be ok with the longer waiting time and additional shipping costs.
    Through sheer dumb luck, we'll probably end up sending things to each other, Austrian to Australian.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I would be up for it. I, however, live in Austria, Europe and I have no idea if people would be ok with the longer waiting time and additional shipping costs.
    Through sheer dumb luck, we'll probably end up sending things to each other, Austrian to Australian.
    Gifting over steam is always an option. Don't forget.
  • I'm in again.
    Gifting over steam is always an option. Don't forget.
    I believe it's a whole lot cooler to use digital files for transport and then use CnCs, Lasercutters, Makerbots etc for long distance gifting, given that such equipment can be used without to much hassle and spending.
  • Alright, looks like Neito isn't picking his feet up this year, so I'll manage the secret santa. A form will appear shortly.
  • Alright, looks like Neito isn't picking his feet up this year, so I'll manage the secret santa. A form will appear shortly.
    Yeah, wufoo that shit.
    Pffft, believe me, most people won't care, heck, I'm still waiting for mine ;)
  • If we have problems like last year where some people don't get there gift, I'll try make extra presents so people don't feel left out.
  • I would be up for this.