This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Santa Row Crew (Forum Secret Santa Sign-up)

Comments

• Dude, Props to whoever sent that to Geo. That is a great reference book.
    It even said on the front "The bible...updated." It pretty much is.
    Update the bible. Now there's an idea.
    Don't...just...don't.
  • And on the end of the seventh day, God said "there's just one more thing," and he created Apple. And it was good.
  • And on the end of the seventh day, God said "there's just one more thing," and he created Google. And it was good.
    FTFY
  • And on the end of the seventh day, God said "there's just one more thing," and he createdGoogle. And it was good.
    FTFY
    Maybe in a few years, that'll be the modernized Bible. For now, seems that most worship Apple, and us Google fanatics are those crazy Lovecraftian cultists in the corner.
  • But Google is definitely more "holy" than Apple, they have a lot less evil shit going down.
  • Well, the two parts of my gift have been ordered off of ebay. Once they arrive, I'll need to find some way to package them together...Where will I ever find a box...Hopefully I'll just reuse one of the ones ebay sends me.
    Hopefully my secret santa doesn't already have these games I'm getting them.
  • http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/
    I did that on Orkut way before this guy came along.

I should start some kind of religious war, about how he's some new interloper and mine is the real Church of Google.
  • I think I might have gotten my Secret Santa gift, but there wasn't any sort of note.

The contents of the packages were:
    • A full-sized Dark Crystal movie poster
    • A miniature Tron poster
    • A miniature Crank 2: High Voltage poster
    • A miniature Fantasia poster
    If these were from my Secret Santa, you're the best. Fantasia is my favourite movie of all time, and the other posters are great as well.
  • I think I might have gotten my Secret Santa gift, but there wasn't any sort of note.

The contents of the packages were:
    • A full-sized Dark Crystal movie poster
    • A miniature Tron poster
    • A miniature Crank 2: High Voltage poster
    • A miniature Fantasia poster
    If these were from my Secret Santa, you're the best. Fantasia is my favourite movie of all time, and the other posters are great as well.
    Could we see pictures of these please?
  • Dear Secret Santa,
    i have no idea what i wrote in my letter however i wanted to let you know i recently ordered some canvas's so if you havent gotten me anything yet and thats a bit out of budget thats fine. if you got me that no worries cause i'll eventually use it. Also im not sure if i noted or not, im not one for big expensive gifts since to me its really about the thought behind it. If you need help picking a gift ask sonic (who will probably ask me, LOL, and thats fine).
    Thank you for taking the time and effort and most importantly the heart to share the Christmas spirit with me.
    Happy holidays!
  • Could we see pictures of these please?
    I will post pictures of them when I get back to school.
  • Just figured out exactly what I'm getting for my Santee. Turned out to be much easier than I thought.
  • Okay, my Santee's gifts have arrived to me...Where can I get a good box for shipping? XP
    I know USPS will apparently mail you free boxes, but they're in like, sets of 10 or 25...I know they'll be all folded up, but still, they will take up space in my crowded dorm room...Any other suggestions?
  • Okay, my Santee's gifts have arrived to me...Where can I get a good box for shipping? XP
    I know USPS will apparently mail you free boxes, but they're in like, sets of 10 or 25...I know they'll be all folded up, but still, they will take up space in my crowded dorm room...Any other suggestions?
    Walk down to the front office and say "Hey, do you guys know where I could get some boxes?" They probably have dozens and dozens of extra boxes they don't need.
    You can get the boxes individually if you go to the post office. They are only for flat rate priority shipping, though. If you want to send it first class, you can always go to an office supply store and get a box. I'd definitely figure out what the cost of box + postage would be though... the medium-sized flat rate Priority box is something like $10 to ship, so it might be worth it to just use that if your stuff fits.
  • Get boxes from a nearby liquor store. They've got oodles and they're sturdy as hell.
  • Problem is, my nearest post office is the RIT post office, and under their shipping supplies list online, they don't list boxes...They list like, shipping tape and stuff...But not boxes...So, I dunno. I can use the USPS website to print out my labels, so I'm not worried about that and stuff...Just need a box, some cash, and the label, and the post office will give me the tape.
  • Problem is, my nearest post office is the RIT post office, and under their shipping supplies list online, they don't list boxes...They list like, shipping tape and stuff...But not boxes...So, I dunno. I can use the USPS website to print out my labels, so I'm not worried about that and stuff...Just need a box, some cash, and the label, and the post office will give me the tape.
    The RIT post office in the dorms has boxes, there's also a billion other places to get boxes in that area.
    The RIT post office in the dorms has boxes, there's also a billion other places to get boxes in that area.
    I'm sure Gracies has boxes from when they open foodstuffs.*

*I've never been to Gracies nor anywhere near RIT.
  • edited December 2010
    I was hoping this would end with someone ordering a box online, that would ship in a slightly larger box.

Edit: I'm still not convinced this won't happen
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I was hoping this would end with someone ordering a box online, that would ship in a slightly larger box.

Edit: I'm still not convinced this won't happen
    I imagine this happening, honestly...The redundancy of it all...That's why I was hoping I could just have them ship me an empty box...
  • I urge you to remove yourself from the chair and walk to your campus post office. They may just make your day.
  • I just ordered free boxes from the USPS store...
  • That works, although you won't get the hilarity of boxes inside boxes. They tend to ship shrinkwrapped.
  • Problem. I moved just the other day so if my santa had shipped something I might not get it. Can I give my new address through the guy in charge of this?
  • Yeah, no problem Viga. Just whisper it to me and I'll get it sorted out.
  • Problem. I moved just the other day so if my santa had shipped something I might not get it. Can I give my new address through the guy in charge of this?
    Did you set up mail forwarding? You should do that.
  • Axel, if you ever need boxes again, the new Global Village post office hub has everything you need.
  • Axel, if you ever need boxes again, the new Global Village post office hub has everything you need.
    Ah, cool. It's a long walk, but I'll do that should I need it.