This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Black and White

Comments

• edited March 2011
    This is probably the cutest generation yet. EVERYTHING IS SO ADORABLE.
    I agree.

OH GOD! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • OH GOD! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
    The one you want to kill with fire is the only one that you posted that I like. The zebra is ok, I guess.
  • edited March 2011
    I LOVE ALL THE POKEMON I CAUGHT.

I've been spazzing on and off about this game since Saturday when I got it. Started with Tepig and I'm currently loaded with fighting and dark types (my favorites and there are SO MANY), and I've found an unexpected love for Cottonee. Also caught a bold-natured Audino, which was exactly what I wanted, and got my awesome lil' zorua. This has got to be the first pokemon game where I love just about everything I catch and have a hard time boxing.

Scraggy is my BOY.

Anyone wanna name what teams they've got so far?
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • edited March 2011

>Ice type
    >KILL IT WITH FIRE!
    That is my standard procedure. Good old Flamethrower. Fighting works pretty well too.

Also, in regards to teams, right now I've got Dewott, Boldore, Gurdurr (Timburr looked so much cooler...), Darumaka, and I just caught a Tynamo after realizing it is an electric type that has Levitate. Unfortunately, it looks to be this generation's Magikarp, as it only knows 4 moves until it evolves (at level 39), and can learn no TMs. Still, if I can make it work, the payout should be awesome (and I like its final form)
    Post edited by Tesla on
  • Anyone wanna name what teams they've got so far?
    Level 41 Samurott (Ozzy)
    Level 41 Zebstrika (Dio)
    Level 41 Krookodile (Lemmy)
    Level 41 Sawsbuck (Lita)
    Level 45 Lampent (Kursch)

Yeah, I've already played for 40 hours. Got to love Spring Break.
  • Some changes I have noticed in the game that I love:
    When you get an HM, you can instantly use it (you don't need a certain badge anymore) and there is less of a reliance on non-Surf/Fly HM's
    TM's are multiple use
    Rotation Battles
    Locations, characters, and stories are more involved than in previous games.
  • I'm taking the plunge and buying it this afternoon. Everything sounds so fun.
    Also, I was right about Exp, it is calculated differently. This will be fun.
  • edited March 2011
    Yamask Is the first Pokemon I can call genuinely chilling, it's one of my favorite from this generation.

"Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."
    Wait wait wait. How can a human become a Pokemon?
  • "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."
    It's an ancient ghost. I have no clue. ._.
    Pokemon are reincarnations of the dead spirits of humans, reflecting the nature of their souls.

That's why there are so many Zubats and Geodudes: generic people souls turn into generic pokemon.
    You saw the movie were the dude becomes an Entei.
  • That little moment with the girl and the Ferris Wheel made me a tad melancholic.
  • Yamask Is the first Pokemon I can call genuinely chilling, it's one of my favorite from this generation.

"Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."
    I find it disturbing that you can basically enslave the transmuted soul and consciousness of a human being in this generation.

Pokemon Black? Pokemon Black.
  • I like Snivy's design, because he looks like something Tove Jansson would draw.
  • I like Snivy's design, because he looks like something Tove Jansson would draw.
    I love Snivy, but I wish his design went further with the whole "gentleman" theme. If his final evolution were some sort of fencer, he would be amazing.
  • This is my crew that finished up the fourth gym. I had to trade with a internet bro to evolve some of them.

Wattson (Dewott) lv. 24
    Hagar (Conkeldurr) lv. 25
    Craggle (Gigalith) lv. 25
    Barry (Darumaka) lv. 25
    Chompy (Sandile) lv. 25
    Lily (Lilligant) lv. 25
  • Did anyone else get an art pack when they bought the game? Because I did, and I'm digging it. I'm gonna frame them and hang them around my room.
  • My bud Ian and I just tested out the Xtransceiver.

• Digging dat phat DS, man.
  • I find it to be the most authentic DS experience.
  • I find it to be the most authentic DS experience.
    I lol'd.
  • I have beaten the fourth gym and my team is as follows!
    Claire (Dwebble) lv 23
    Unyazi (Blitzle) lv 24
    Freckles (Dewott) lv 24
    Mimi (Minccino) lv 24
    Diggy-chan (Drilbur) lv 25
    Black Jack (Zorua) lv 25

I've more or less been cycling Pokemon in and out of my team as they evolve because I love trying out all of these new guys. The ones currently out of the party are Pesto the Tranquill, Amigara the Gigalith, and Fluffee the Whimsicott.
  • edited March 2011
    Wow, I am so far ahead of you guys. I'm heading towards Victory Road right now with my
    Level 45 Samurott (Ozzy)
    Level 46 Zebstrika (Dio)
    Level 45 Krookodile (Lemmy)
    Level 48 Sawsbuck (Lita)
    Level 46 Chandelure (Kursch)
    Level 49 Archeops (Jack)

I'm planning on getting a Braviary and a Hydreigon at some point.

Bonus points if you can guess my team's naming scheme.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Bonus points if you can guess my team's naming scheme.
    Please. Ozzy and Dio? You couldn't make it more obvious.
  • Please. Ozzy and Dio? You couldn't make it more obvious.
    I was more wondering if anyone could get the nicknames of my Chandelure and Archeops.
  • edited March 2011
    I hope Jack was named after Jack Black. The other one I Googled.

[Edit] Jack White also comes to mind, but it seems like you're going for more of a metal/hard rock thing here, and Tenacious D had a song about Dio.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I hope Jack was named after Jack Black. The other one I Googled.
    Good call. Archen is so silly looking, but is still totally awesome because he's an Archaeopteryx, so Jack Black seemed like a fit.
  • edited March 2011
    Score! And then of course Lemmy is from Motörhead and Lita is Lita Ford. If I knew anything about Blind Guardian, I could have been 6/6!

(Win: My phone autocorrected Motörhead to have the umlaut.)
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Don't let your mother distract you from Pokemon. It may have dire consequences.

Before my Rival's battle in the second city:
    Saburo the Oshawott (Lv. 11)
    Beef the Purrloin (Lv. 8)

R.I.P., Charles the Lillipup. You were great, and I should have paid more attention to you when I had the chance.