This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Portal 2 - Mark spoilers appropriately!

1789101113»

Comments

• I think I probably sucked because I didn't get a ramp up. I just got dumped into hard puzzles after not Portal-ing in many months. I think I might replay the regular game to realign by brain cells.
  • I wonder if someone will remake the DLC maps.
  • So, you can't make co-op maps with the Perpetual Testing DLC. I wonder what the deal with that is. Something to be added later, or does Valve plan to add more of their own co-op DLC first? Or neither?
  • I actually have an idea for what may be a reasonable Portal map. The idea is that you are stuck in a portal-less area and the only escape is a locked door. Very far away across a pit of death is a puzzle. You have to solve the whole puzzle just by shooting portals over at the other side. When it's solved, the door will open and you can get over to the other end.
  • edited May 2012
    Another idea would be placing the player in a cage with a black panel bottom then having the puzzle around them on all sides, ending in them dropping white goo into the cage.

I'm going to try and fix some of the design issues with Push.

As far as the co-op levels go, the major problem is they have to re-tool the lobby system to have you both jump back out to the menu once you're done instead of keeping you in-game and sending you back to the hub area.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I actually have an idea for what may be a reasonable Portal map.
    Quit shit-talking and do it! The map creator is so easy to use.
    I tried it, it is quite easy. But I only have so many hours in a day.
  • Yeah, we have a con THIS weekend. I still have to write half of one of the damn lectures.
    I tried it, it is quite easy. But I only have so many hours in a day.
    24, like every other creature on the entire planet.
  • Just played a cool one, Not Another Puzzle, which doesn't use Portals at all. Instead, you play Pinball with Apreture Science Edgeless Safety Cubes. It's pretty fun.
  • I found an alternate solution to 12 Angry Tests Part 4.
    If you jump and throw the first box just right, you can use it to kill the turret without the laser.
  • Played 12 Angry Tests today, and it was really good.

Also, I haven't played the Co-Op yet. Anybody else who hasn't played it yet and wants to team up?
  • Has anyone else been having trouble getting their queue to load?
  • Has anyone else been having trouble getting their queue to load?
    I am.
  • Seems like the Steam Community and related things are down. I can't get in to my Steam Inventory.
  • OK, I'm only recently running Portal 2 on a PC. What map packs/mods should I be looking for? Stupid question: can they be loaded even through Steam? I imagine ALL Portal 2 copies are Steam-based?
  • I don't know which maps packs to look for, but they're all through steam using the steam workshop. Just browse around and see which ones look cool.
  • My google-fu is no good tonight. Where's the Portal 2 level editor tool thinger? Not finding a link.

I'm a moron tonight. :(
  • My google-fu is no good tonight. Where's the Portal 2 level editor tool thinger? Not finding a link.

It's built in to Portal. Look under Community Test Chambers.

It's built in to Portal. Look under Community Test Chambers.
    D'oh.