This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Portal 2 - Mark spoilers appropriately!

Comments

• Wait what, it's 6 AM? I think I should get some sleep. Portal 2 will be waiting for me when I wake up.
  • This test involves deadly lasers and how test subjects react when locked in a room with deadly lasers.
  • Does Portal 2 save your games in Steam Cloud?
  • edited April 2011
    Does Portal 2 save your games in Steam Cloud?
    As I understand it, yes.

Also, my face when constant exams mean I will likely have to wait three weeks to beat the campaign:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
    As I understand it, yes.
    I just don't want to have to replay a chapter if I try to play on my laptop.
  • The game page in your library should state whether or not SteamCloud is supported. Either that, or the details sidebar in the store.
    As I understand it, yes.
    I just don't want to have to replay a chapter if I try to play on my laptop.
    I installed steam on both the Windows partition and the OSX partition on my macbook, and my Portal 1 save game transferred automagically.
  • Stephen Merchant takes the game to another level.
  • A big thanks to whoever is managing the spoilers.
  • At the end you find out that

The portal didnt kill your father. The portal IS your father.

Its true.
  • edited April 2011
    All I can say is that Portal 2 lets us know why we're still waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3. HERPA DERP FUCKING SPOILERZ Herp a derp yourself. That's not a spoiler, that's a statement about the quality of the game!
    Sweet fucking Krishna, this game is so fucking awesome.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited April 2011
    You guys are bad at the spoilers game.

When in doubt, white that shit out.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited April 2011
    One of the biggest things I noticed while playing was that it uses the same dynamic music system as Left For Dead 2.It's fucking nice.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So im offically stuck... Chapter 1. 17/22...Grrr.
  • Ok. Nevermind...
  • edited April 2011
    Holy shit, that was good.

SPOILAZ: Potatoes are the new cake.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Sooo. Who else has the Xbox version? Wanna play?
  • Any can help with chapter 5?
  • I beat it. Hoping to play some Co-Op now.
  • edited April 2011
    I just got my copy for PS3/PC. Downloading PC version now. Curse my slow internet speeds.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited April 2011
    I beat it.
    How long is the game, out of curiosity?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I went through very quickly, didn't get stuck except for the start of one chamber, took me about eight hours exactly.
  • How long is the game, out of curiosity?
    Like the first game you can't judge its value in hours. Its never boring and there is no fat to cut. You'll get as much quality out of it as you will from another game with twice the content.
  • I went through very quickly, didn't get stuck except for the start of one chamber, took me about eight hours exactly.
    Is that including the multiplayer?
  • edited April 2011
    How long is the game, out of curiosity?
    General consensus seems to be about eight hours, maybe a little less if you rush it, but as was just said, it's all killer no filler.
    Is that including the multiplayer?
    Singleplayer only, depending on how good you are at communicating with your partner, maybe another 5 hours for Co-op.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It took me about 6 or 7 hours to finish the single player, but as was said before it was all killer no filler.
  • I'm up into the seventh chapter and the only thing that's slightly disappointed me so far is the lack of difficulty. Luckily, the co-op makes up for that a bit.
  • I just finished the game. Favorite line already decided:
    Corrupt Core: We're in space!
    Wheatley: Yeah, I know we are, mate.
    Corrupt Core: SPAAAACE!
  • Perfect foreshadowing that.
  • I've got an assignment due tomorrow, so I'll probably be waiting until tomorrow afternoon to start this game.