This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Portal 2 - Mark spoilers appropriately!

Comments

• I've never heard of that "Wonderful End Of The World" game, but it seems to be really popular. Anyone know anything about it?
  • It looks like it's basically a Katamari klone.
  • edited April 2011
    I've never heard of that "Wonderful End Of The World" game, but it seems to be really popular. Anyone know anything about it?
    It looks to be kinda like Katamari, but with some odd walking figure instead of a ball. It's clearly winning the tally for played games - I wonder what makes it so appealing?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It looks to be kinda like Katamari, but with some odd walking figure instead of a ball. It's clearly winning the tally for played games - I wonder what makes it so appealing?
    Hell if I know, but I played the demo and liked it.
  • edited April 2011
    How the progress bars work -
    The progress bars are based on sales made. The more times a certain game has been bought, the more you have to play it to unlock it.

For example, 1 2 3 KICK IT! was released at (nearly) the same time as the pack, so it has the fewest sales making it easier to complete.

Killing Floor and Audiosurf were out for longer and as such have had more sales, so they require more hours to complete.

According to Dougley, Potatos still matter. Get them.

The Store should keep a record of how many times a certain game has been bought, so we need to go find that and order which games we should play based off that.
    Also, there seems to be consensus efforts to finish each progress bar, with WEOTW being the current game. Also, they're thinking it's likely WEOTW will be finished before people going to sleep now wake up, so anyone who can idle their computer in one of the harder to get games, for example, Audiosurf or killing floor, while they sleep is requested to do so. If you're idling a game in the background WEOTW or 123 KICK IT seem to be the games of choice right now. Time is counted when you quit the game, so if you want, you can quit the game every once in a while to bank that total in the progress bars.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Time is counted when you quit the game, so if you want, you can quit the game every once in a while to bank that total in the progress bars.
    That takes precious seconds off the clock. I've got a minimized meat boy. I'll stop it when I see the meat bar meter start to get past halfway.
  • edited April 2011
    EDIT: How about if I idle Audiosurf, Amnesia, Bit Trip Beat, and Super Meat Boy at once? Quadruple progress?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2011
    EDIT: How about if I idle Audiosurf, Amnesia, Bit Trip Beat, and Super Meat Boy at once? Quadruple progress?
    I don't think you can do that in Steam.

I've got Killing Floor idling on my Mac right now, since my PC seems to be working for the moment.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I don't think you can do that in Steam.
    Worth a try, though. Being able to idle multiple games at the same time overnight would add some serious hours to the total.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't think you can do that in Steam.
    Worth a try, though. Being able to idle multiple games at the same time overnight would add some serious hours to the total.
    But multiple games won't launch in Steam. And you can't be logged on in two places at once.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • But multiple games won't launch in Steam.
    Huh, I didn't know - I've never tried, for reasons obvious. Either way, best plan seems to be that while you sleep, idle one of the harder games to fill, and while you're awake, idle one of the easier ones or fuller bars - simply because that way, when the bar fills, you can change, as opposed to having wasted hours if it fills while you're asleep.
  • I just tried and got Amnesia and Super Meat Boy running at the same time.
  • I stand corrected.
  • edited April 2011
    Defense Grid and Meat Boy simultaneous minimized. Gotta check power settings so computer doesn't go to sleep.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I've got bit trip beat and meat boy running together right now in windowed mode. Gonna tack on audio surf now.
  • edited April 2011
    We're already 17 and a bit over half hours ahead of Projected release date, with a overall progress of 13.36%.

Exact numbers via the Glados@home twitter account - Overall:13.5627530364% Top%: TWEOTW (80.9628008753%) TopCPU: KF (4928)

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2011
    I've got bit trip beat, audiosurf, and super meat boy. I think amnesia is pushing it a bit (and that game has never really liked my system for some reason) so I'll refrain. Three games at once is enough, me thinks.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Glados@home twitter account
    Link?
  • edited April 2011
    Glados@home twitter account
    Link?
    Not official, it just tracks the progress of the Glados@home part of the game - as it stands - Overall:13.7651821862% Top%: TWEOTW (82.932166302%) TopCPU: KF (4959)

Link is here, but I'll drop an update on the forums whenever I post in this thread. Or, if something interesting happens, like a game being completed. We're doing about 1.43 percent of the overall total per hour.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • At the current rate when will the game be unlocked?
    http://www.hasportal2launchedyet.com/
    http://www.hasportal2launchedyet.com/
    This site gives a very different estimate. It says 25 hrs ahead of schedule. Not sure why.
  • Well, it looks like we are going to get Monday morning, but that doesn't help me. We gotta push it into Sunday.
  • Well, it looks like we are going to get Monday morning, but that doesn't help me. We gotta push it into Sunday.
    I agree. It really doesn't matter much unless it gets released this weekend.
  • It'll only get faster as time goes on and more people are made aware.

(Currently running audiosurf in the background)
  • This site gives a very different estimate. It says 25 hrs ahead of schedule. Not sure why.
    It's probably using different (more up to date? better? who knows) source numbers for the calculation.
  • edited April 2011
    Wonderful End of the world is COMPLETE! So, everybody, if you would kindly idle, say, 123 drop that beat or AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it would be appreciated.

Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and Audiosurf are the frontrunners right now, with RUSH and cogs following close behind.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2011
    Well, they should be estimating completion time only based on whichever game is currently slowest.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Well, they should be estimating completion time only based on whichever game is currently slowest.
    Do they all need to be completed for it to unlock? If so, I highly doubt Portal 2 has any chance of being released early at all.
  • Completing The official Projected Launch is at 79:57:50, while the "Default Boot" is at 80:48:10. Wonderful End of the World's completion appears to have accomplished something.