This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Totally agree with Sail.

Really scratches the Space Channel 5 itch, as the boss battles look like they're ripped directly from that game. Using the "Runner" style side-scrolling makes the levels a ton more interesting though.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • It's a download title being released in Japan next week, so I really hope we get it soon.
  • Dear Nintendo,
    Please release Monster Hunter 3DS in the US. YOu can beat up Capcom; they are weak and you are strong.
    Sincerely,
    The entire NA Monster Hunter fandom.
  • edited October 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if Neito was the entire NA Monster Hunter fandom ^_~
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Can anyone verify a working r4 equivalent for 3ds?
  • Can anyone verify a working r4 equivalent for 3ds?
    The SuperCard DSTWO works, but only for DS games. Nothing will play backed-up 3DS games as of yet.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Neito was the entire NA Monster Hunter fandom ^_~
    It's surprisingly more popular than people give it credit for. It was just hindered by being on the piracy-riddled PSP for most of its life.
  • Dear Nintendo,
    Please release Monster Hunter 3DS in the US. YOu can beat up Capcom; they are weak and you are strong.
    Sincerely,
    The entire NA Monster Hunter fandom.
    It will be playable at NYCC in the Capcom booth, so I imagine it's coming to North America.

I've been really digging the staff at 1UP.com since they restructured their site into a more editorial site with their "cover story" schedule. Been listening to their podcasts recently, as well as 8-4 Play, which is a bunch of American gamers living in Japan (working as a professional localization team). Both of them have talked about Japanese games a lot recently, so I've made it a point to someday spend some time with the big franchises: Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, etc., just so I can at least have a more educated opinion of them.

• DAT SECOND 3DSXL.
    Ugh, it's huge.

I'm holding out.

• I'm also holding out as long as possible, but dat Layton.
  • RymRym
    edited October 2012
    I'm also holding out as long as possible, but dat Layton.
    Eh. FTL will keep me company.

There still aren't enough games I'd care about for the 3DS. There are some (Layton, for example), but not enough. I'm already salty about my Xboz, I don't want double salt.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited October 2012
    Hold out? Or just not buying one?
    You should probably just not buy one.

Also Ro if you bought that one wouldn't you have like... three 3DS'?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Um. No. I only have a 3DS XL and DS XL. Jeremy has a normal 3DS.

I upgraded my original 3DS. >_>

/moneywaster

Also, it's not that huge Rym. I have no problems holding it when laying in bed or when I'm out and about. Also I have a purse, so carrying it around is never an issue. Whenever Jeremy and I play on our 3DSs, he looks over at mine then at his and gives the biggest exasperated sigh.

If he's a good boy, I'll shell out the $100 to upgrade his. Or if the Animal Cross 3DS XL comes out here, I'll just buy that and give him my current 3DS XL

/moremoneywasting
  • Special DSs coming out in the west, that's a good one..
  • Stop taking away my hope!
  • It's not the Snake Eater DS:
    Limited edition, you had to enter a raffle on their website which could possibly win you a code which you entered on the site which would then let you pay money for it.
  • Hmm... I did forget about Animal Crossing...
  • This Twitter page is just teasing me and making me so sad.

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori
  • Resident Evil: Revelations is not a bad game, even without the frankenstick. Not a GREAT game, but I'm enjoying it. They did a good job splitting it up into 10-15 minute bites for the handheld, and set the difficulty just right. Not a cakewalk, but only 1 or 2 deaths per "episode."
  • Bring on Paper Mario I say. HUGE fan of that series.
  • Bring on Paper Mario I say. HUGE fan of that series.
    Hey, Scott Johnson. I know it's called Thousand Year Door, but that doesn't mean you get to keep it for a thousand years.

Also, do you have my Gundam SEED box set still?
  • it's not even a fraction of a Thousand years :-p I'm pretty sure I still have your Gundam Box.
  • 1000 Year Door > Paper Mario 64 > Bowser's Inside Story > Super Star Saga > Partners in Time.

Haven't played Mario RPG. Should I?

Super Paper Mario is a platformer. And a crappy one at that.
  • I haven't played any Paper Mario and I disagree.

Partners in Time > Super Star Saga = Bowser's Inside Story

I look forward to the 3DS Mario/Luigi games. I want Yoshi to be part of it. That would be swell.
  • Bowser's Inside Story was kinda shit. The other two were awesome.
  • Super Star Saga > all
  • Nah Partners in Time was a HUGE improvement over Super Star Saga. The original Paper Mario was pretty awesome, but the idea of having all the weird puzzles based on having both Bros. is much better.
  • I really liked Inside Story. You got to play as Bowser!

Anyway, all of those games are pretty high quality regardless. You can't go wrong.

Hurry up Sticker Star!
  • I really liked Inside Story. You got to play as Bowser!
    Fuck that. I want to play as Bowser designing levels and placing goons that Mario then has to fight off on his way to me. If he gets to my castle, I want to manually control Bowser and fuck up his day.
  • edited October 2012
    I really liked Inside Story. You got to play as Bowser!
    Fuck that. I want to play as Bowser designing levels and placing goons that Mario then has to fight off on his way to me. If he gets to my castle, I want to manually control Bowser and fuck up his day.
    Sounds like a shitty flash tower defense game that someone would make.
    Post edited by Sail on