This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/13/4326776/ace-attorney-5-dual-destinies-3ds-us-north-america-release-date
    Not a fan of the digital-only release. They're probably going to release it at full retail price, which so far I've held off on buying digital at retail price (a license is worth less than a physical product). I really don't want to break that streak, but Phoenix Wright is a hard thing to pass up.
    Honestly, that's the silliest objection I've heard in a long time. A game is a game is a game.
    Wh-what? This is an incredibly valid point of view. It's perfectly reasonable to say you have some hangups with digital games (DRM) but are willing to overlook all of them if you're getting a healthy cut of that lowered distribution cost and risk (Steam).

There are more A+ games released every year than most people (certainly myself) could possibly hope to play. What's silly about saying you'll choose all of the ones that are cheapest once quality isn't a factor, and never wind up getting around to the game that never drops below MSRP?

• Also, other than things like Steam sales, digital only games don't generally get nearly as cheap as the physical version. Sometimes a game will be $15 on amazon and still $40 on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
  • http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/13/4326776/ace-attorney-5-dual-destinies-3ds-us-north-america-release-date
    Not a fan of the digital-only release. They're probably going to release it at full retail price, which so far I've held off on buying digital at retail price (a license is worth less than a physical product). I really don't want to break that streak, but Phoenix Wright is a hard thing to pass up.
    Honestly, that's the silliest objection I've heard in a long time. A game is a game is a game.
    Wh-what? This is an incredibly valid point of view. It's perfectly reasonable to say you have some hangups with digital games (DRM) but are willing to overlook all of them if you're getting a healthy cut of that lowered distribution cost and risk (Steam).

There are more A+ games released every year than most people (certainly myself) could possibly hope to play. What's silly about saying you'll choose all of the ones that are cheapest once quality isn't a factor, and never wind up getting around to the game that never drops below MSRP?

Physical copies of all games have DRM too.
  • Also, other than things like Steam sales, digital only games don't generally get nearly as cheap as the physical version. Sometimes a game will be $15 on amazon and still $40 on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
    That's because Xbox Live is really slow to update. Steam will almost always have a price cut or a sale on the same game well before the prices drop in retail stores.

• No Microsoft controls all the prices on XBL, if your game is on there its priced at their discretion. Steam allows you to change your own price at will.
  • So I got one today before work, I am joining the party with the Animal Crossing bunch.
  • 1134-7769-0272
  • I'm 0559-7090-9529.
  • 0791-1501-0201. More of you punks should add me.
  • I know a lot of you haven't played these.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/17/4340176/the-legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-ages-and-oracle-of-seasons-launching
    I beathen the game both ways, but do agree they are an awesome set of games. Now if the password system does not work I call BS.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/17/4340176/the-legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-ages-and-oracle-of-seasons-launching
    I beathen the game both ways, but do agree they are an awesome set of games. Now if the password system does not work I call BS.

It says they added a link system. You should be all set if you buy both.

• edited May 2013
    I know a lot of you haven't played these.

It says they added a link system. You should be all set if you buy both.

Should be good then, although I really do not want to go back to a notepad to write down the passwords to close the one game and open the other.

Also I am trying to find out how high of a class to have the SDHC card that will work with the 3DS. You be surprised how difficult it is to get an official answer to this question.

I found that a Class 10 will work...sometimes.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • 4210-4613-9825. I've added everyone on this page.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah. We should make either a Google Doc, or a separate thread for these damn friend codes where they post codes only and no other discussion.

But me, I have added a lot of you guys already. You fuckers just need to add me back.

4811-7092-1029
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah. We should make either a Google Doc, or a separate thread...
    I SAID THAT!
    You fuckers just need to add me back.
    I did last night.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I know. :P I was lazy at the time.

I'll check my 3DS when I get home tonight. :3
  • RE: the Google Doc:
    I'm working on it. I'm just trying to get a Python script that'll pull them all out working. Right now it pulls codes, but not the username.
  • Has anyone tried the 2 TB trick with the 3DS? You can technically get a 2 TB XHDSC card to work with the 3DS if you format it in FAT32. Anyone heard evidence of this?
  • Done. Since Google saves revisions, I'm not worried about a jackass fucking this up. If your code's not in here and you posted it, it was probably on one of the pages that choked my script. If it's wrong, script's fault again.
  • Was there a separate thread with codes because mine is not on your list.
    The Nintendo DS thread?
  • edited May 2013
    Was there a separate thread with codes because mine is not on your list.
    Like I said, a few pages choked the script I made.

If anyone's curious/wants to laugh at my terrible "Written while teaching myself Python and BeautifulSoup at the same time" code:

import re
    from urllib import request
    from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
    def GetFriendCode(url):
    try:
    frcf = BeautifulSoup(request.urlopen(url))
    for string in frcf.find_all(text=re.compile("[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]")):
    print(string.parent.previous_sibling.previous_sibling.span.a['title'])
    print(string)
    except AttributeError:
    print("Whoopsy, something choked!")

for x in range(1,21):
    GetFriendCode("http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7106/nintendo-3ds/p"+str(x))
    Post edited by Neito on

Sad thing is, this is probably the first thing that has got me interested in getting a 3DS. I've always wanted to play these, but never got around to acquiring them.
    Like I said, a few pages choked the script I made.

If anyone's curious/wants to laugh at my terrible "Written while teaching myself Python and BeautifulSoup at the same time" code:

import re
    from urllib import request
    from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
    def GetFriendCode(url):
    try:
    frcf = BeautifulSoup(request.urlopen(url))
    for string in frcf.find_all(text=re.compile("[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]")):
    print(string.parent.previous_sibling.previous_sibling.span.a['title'])
    print(string)
    except AttributeError:
    print("Whoopsy, something choked!")

for x in range(1,21):
    GetFriendCode("http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7106/nintendo-3ds/p"+str(x))
    Your regex is frightening.

re.compile(r'(\d{4})\-(\d{4})\-(\d{4})')
  • Yeah. I wrote it quickly without experience. I need more practice with them.
  • I added myself to the list. I have added everyone here, but as Ro said, you still have to add me.

I am getting Animal Crossing if that matters... :)
  • edited May 2013
    Has anyone tried the 2 TB trick with the 3DS? You can technically get a 2 TB XHDSC card to work with the 3DS if you format it in FAT32. Anyone heard evidence of this?
    No, because I don't have thousands of dollars to blow on that. On Amazon a 256 GB SDXC card is $605 so it scares me to think how much a 2 TB card would cost. Hell, you could probably buy the whole game library for less money.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I thought FAT32 would be too limited to work on a 2TB card. Not sure what the max file system size limit is, but it only supported files up to 4GB, and doesn't even support long filenames.