This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Denpa Men and Crimson Shroud look like JRPGs. How could anything in that genre be a must-have?
    Final Fantasy VI?
    If FFVI were release today it would be a snooze job. Only someone with no job and no life can deal with all that random combat.

Also: 4270-1042-8280

Just try me in Mario Tennis.
  • edited May 2013
    Denpa Men and Crimson Shroud look like JRPGs. How could anything in that genre be a must-have?
    Final Fantasy VI?
    If FFVI were release today it would be a snooze job. Only someone with no job and no life can deal with all that random combat.

Chrono Trigger.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Denpa Men and Crimson Shroud look like JRPGs. How could anything in that genre be a must-have?
    Final Fantasy VI?

Chrono Trigger.
    Thanks for agreeing there hasn't been a good JRPG this century.
    Final Fantasy VI?

Don't forget to add it to the list.
  • I'm looking at these 3DS games and I realized something that could explain a lot of what is going on at Nintendo.

Look at the past of Nintendo and the way they branded their games. On the Super Nintendo used to consider the portable game platform to be a secondary platform. You could tell by how they branded the games. On the GBA you had Mario Advance or Tetris DS.

But now look at it. On the DS and 3DS you have New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Meanwhile on the Wii they call it New Super Mario Bros. Wii(U). That kind of naming implies that the portable version is the main line and the Wii version is secondary. The 3DS has Mario Kart 7, while the Wii has Mario Kart Wii.

Perhaps internally they are putting more of their resources into the portable games and the Wii game developers are getting shafted.
  • MK7 came out after MKWii, and I think they were just being lazy in their naming.

But yes, portable is making so much more money, in the same way that mobile is making so much more money.
  • I just think the game naming pattern shows that they are consciously or subconsciously considering the portable platform to be primary and the TV platform to be secondary, which is a reversal of the past.
  • This is possible. I think it is because portable is inherently more successful. The DS was a runaway success, and the 3DS' terrible launch has been completely reversed. Plus, portable games can involve smaller production costs since focusing on graphics is not imperative.
  • Thanks for agreeing there hasn't been a good JRPG this century.
    I'm going to vomit
  • How else am I supposed to feel smart or in control without actually being either, man?
  • Thanks for agreeing there hasn't been a good JRPG this century.
    I'm going to vomit
  • edited May 2013
    Guys, wait a second. We're arguing with Scott.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Oops.
  • Hey, Neito (4811-7270-9978); Suchrihilos (2062-9492-7183); Steve (4167-4488-1619); Matt (1864-8422-9912); & Rubin (4270-1042-8280) you bishes need to confirm friending me!

4811-7092-1029

Kthxbai!
  • You have the wrong friend code down for me. Mine's 4210-4613-9825.

Also, Sail, you need to confirm for me.
  • edited May 2013
    It would not shock me at all if Nintendo was putting their real effort into handheld rather than console. They're definitely doing a better job in that department.

BTW: My friend code is 1461-6566-0668
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I went ahead and added everybody that was in the document. Go ahead and add me, if you would like!

4124-5489-8826
  • edited May 2013
    Denpa Men and Crimson Shroud look like JRPGs. How could anything in that genre be a must-have?
    Final Fantasy VI?

Chrono Trigger.
    Thanks for agreeing there hasn't been a good JRPG this century.
    That's not what we're arguing about. Chrono Trigger would absolutely be a must have if it came out right now. It is why I bought a DS Lite a few years ago after my old DS' hinge broke.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Why am I not in the document? 4167 4488 1619
  • Persona and Dragon Quest had installments this century.
  • edited May 2013
    Persona and Dragon Quest had installments this century.
    Don't bite!

Otherwise I'll be forced to defend Ni No Kuni and Xenoblade, and I really CBF...
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • I managed to complete a bunch of puzzles at Anime Boston and between the two 3DSs we brought we shouldn't have to buy puzzle pieces for a while. Sadly I might have screwed on collecting pink pieces and got the same ones on both systems rather than get half on each.
  • Did Nintendo ever say why they nerfed streetpass down to ten contacts at a time?
  • edited May 2013
    Did Nintendo ever say why they nerfed streetpass down to ten contacts at a time?
    Probably so you don't get every single puzzle piece in five minutes at PAX, thus ruining the whole thing. Also, probably memory limits.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I managed to get 7 puzzles completed and every pink piece except for the Western image, next con should have it so that the rest get completed.
  • Did Nintendo ever say why they nerfed streetpass down to ten contacts at a time?
    It's limited to ten?

Well, I think I'll just turn it off.
    It's limited to ten?

It's ten at a time. So you meet ten people, then let them through the gate. Then you can get ten more people.
    It's limited to ten?

It's ten at a time. So you meet ten people, then let them through the gate. Then you can get ten more people.
    I've meet 287 at Anime Boston alone, it is just 10 at a time. Which makes Find Mii that much more annoying since it won't let me customize the order.

It's limited to ten?

Yes. I think it used to cap out at 100.

As for Scott's assertion: it does not limit you to how many tags you can get it just only let's ten tags sit at the gate until you clear them out.

So when you go to a convention you can't just walk around with it in your pocket and collect tons of tags. Instead you have to check it constantly because you can get ten tags in a minute.

At one point at Anime Boston I sat down and every time I cleared out ten tags ten more tags would be at the gate. I think I cleared about 76 tags in one sitting going back to the gate every time over and over again. That was while I was in the video game room. If I did that in a hallway I would have been there forever.
    It's limited to ten?

I'm not opening that fucking gate every hour. ;^)