This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• You know, I thought it was going to be a film about crazy religious nutjobs.

I'm still right.
  • Marijuana Decriminalization Bill Passes in CT
    This is a boo-yah, not a WTF.
    Not if you live in NY...
  • As someone who grew up across the Canadian border where the drinking age is lower, I see a lot of people heading over for pot tourism purposes.
    I have never had pot, but if they make chocolates like they have in Amsterdam in Hartford, I may try a bonbon.
  • Ahh, Connecticut. Amsterdam of the US.
  • It really isn't that big of a deal. Anything more than 1/2 oz is still just as much of a crime, and there's a pretty hefty fine for possession even if you do have <1/2 oz.
  • It really isn't that big of a deal. Anything more than 1/2 oz is still just as much of a crime, and there's a pretty hefty fine for possession even if you do have <1/2 oz.</p>
    Yea, however, the prisons and justice system is filled with non-violent drug users... Anything that helps alleviates that even a little bit is a step in the right direction.
    Massachusetts decriminalized pot like three years ago.
  • edited June 2011
    Ahh, Connecticut. Amsterdam of the US.
    So did California. And here you can get it legally fairly easily too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So did California. And here you can get it legally fairly easily too.
    You can get your weed card for just about fucking anything.
  • A friend of mine got his card recently, but at this point, the math doesn't even really work out. You can spend like $100/year to get your card, or you can spend nothing, and just pay the $100 fine in the incredibly unlikely (if you're an adult and only smoke at home and aren't crazy enough to have more than an ounce) event that you get busted. So I guess the only real advantage of the card now is being able to go to dispensaries.
  • So I guess the only real advantage of the card now is being able to go to dispensaries.
    That's a big advantage. I hear it's difficult to get good quality sources once one is out of college. ;^)
  • So did California. And here you can get it legally fairly easily too.
    You can get your weed card for just about fucking anything.
    How's the joke go? "Doctor, I'm worried you won't give me permission to smoke weed." "Sounds like you need some weed!"
  • edited June 2011
    A friend of mine got his card recently, but at this point, the math doesn't even really work out. You can spend like $100/year to get your card, or you can spend nothing, and just pay the $100 fine in the incredibly unlikely (if you're an adult and only smoke at home and aren't crazy enough to have more than an ounce) event that you get busted. So I guess the only real advantage of the card now is being able to go to dispensaries.
    Fuck it, I'd probably pay the $100 bucks just for the convenience.
    How's the joke go? "Doctor, I'm worried you won't give me permission to smoke weed." "Sounds like you need some weed!"
    A friend of mine told me of the doctor he got his card from - apparently, every time he gives out a weed card - after making helpful suggestions if you get "Stuck" filling out the form - hits one of those "Easy" buttons from staples.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2011
    A friend of mine got his card recently, but at this point, the math doesn't even really work out. You can spend like $100/year to get your card, or you can spend nothing, and just pay the $100 fine in the incredibly unlikely (if you're an adult and only smoke at home and aren't crazy enough to have more than an ounce) event that you get busted. So I guess the only real advantage of the card now is being able to go to dispensaries.
    Fuck it, I'd probably pay the $100 bucks just for the convenience.
    If I smoked, I would too. Generally speaking, not having to deal with a dealer is a plus.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • pointing out to someone that arguing with them on the proper disposal of Bin Laden's body is not really worth my time because they have yet to agree that all the other big government conspiracies are bunk when shown evidence was greeted with "I see you've started using ad hominem attacks to try and prove your points"...AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH...
  • If I smoked, I would too. Generally speaking, not having to deal with a dealer is a plus.
    Fucking A. The only dealer I've ever encountered with consistent product, weights and prices(Along with generally not giving off a "I'm going to rob the fuck out of you" shady kinda vibe) was this awesome ex-hippy, who was only selling bushweed, because he had bad experiences with shitty hydro.
  • edited June 2011
    If I smoked, I would too. Generally speaking, not having to deal with a dealer is a plus.
    Fucking A. The only dealer I've ever encountered with consistent product, weights and prices(Along with generally not giving off a "I'm going to rob the fuck out of you" shady kinda vibe) was this awesome ex-hippy, who was only selling bushweed, because he had bad experiences with shitty hydro.
    Certainly, if you don't know anyone trustworthy, it's better to not have to deal with a dealer. That's never really been an issue in my circles. Most of the people I've known who sold weed were just people who liked to smoke weed, liked to help out their friends, and liked to make enough money to smoke weed for free.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Certainly, if you don't know anyone trustworthy, it's better to not have to deal with a dealer. That's never really been an issue in my circles. Most of the people I've known who sold weed were just people who liked to smoke weed, liked to help out their friends, and liked to make enough money to smoke weed for free.
    And it's unlikely I'll know any reputable dealers when I'm in Cali - at least at the start - since everyone I know there that smokes other than yourself just uses the dispensaries, thus the convenience.
    I remember when that happened. I was completely against it. My 13-year-old self was a prick.
  • Is it illegal to grow your own? those plants are really low maintenance.
  • Is it illegal to grow your own? those plants are really low maintenance.
    AFIK, in cali it is, unless you have the authorization as a grower from the local government, but I could be wrong. It's illegal here, but the cops will sometimes look the other way, particularly if you've just got a single plant for personal use, and it's legal in Canberra to grow a single plant.
  • My 13-year-old self was a prick.
    >Implying all 13 year olds aren't pricks.

• How did this chain ever become popular? Also, is this commercial responsible for Willard Scott having a career in television? If so, damn it to hell.
  • How did this chain ever become popular? Also, is this commercial responsible for Willard Scott having a career in television? If so, damn it to hell.
  • Writing some web code, trying to open some Toastmessages in a javascript function, only when it's the first time the page is loaded.

var postback = <%=Page.IsPostBack.ToString().ToLower() %>;
    if (postback == false)
    {
    //code when page is not postback goes here.
    }

This code works, and I have no clue why. I ostensibly turn postback into a string (had to do it because the program was complaining that "False" [as opposed to "false"] was undefined), but then it is a boolean value that can be checked against other boolean values.
  • RELINQUSH YOUR SOULS, MORTALS!
  • JESUS CHRIST PUT IT AWAY!
  • This .gif. If you don't want to see mouse guts, don't click it.