This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited January 2012
    He's going to run on a Democrat ticket in a primary against a sitting president who has significantly higher approval ratings than his predecessor. He's also running a single-issue platform (to troll the Super Bowl with disgusting anti-abortion commercials) that goes counter to the party's general stance on the issue. Not only is the entire candidacy a joke, but if he got anywhere near the amount of money he's need to get a Super Bowl, he'd be hard pressed to actually get his commercials aired.
    He has no chance.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I thought the arch-childkiller of the Western hemisphere was poverty and famine. Maybe Mr. Terry should give up all of his belongings and go on a hunger strike until those things no longer exist.

No bets on how that'd end.
  • Not only is the entire candidacy a joke, but if he got anywhere near the amount of money he's need to get a Super Bowl, he'd be hard pressed to actually get his commercials aired.
    He has no chance.
    True. Though he did manage to get one of his commercials aired on one of our local Boston stations, which I find surprising (I don't know which one it was).

I did a bit of clinic defense around 1990, and very little Randall does surprises me. But then, I saw the music videos. Somehow the gumball machine and the sword in the background pushed it all over the edge.

• What the heck is this?
  • We threw out my Christmas tree because it had hundreds, literally hundreds, of tiny spiders growing in it.
  • I had a professor a few terms ago who did entire slide shows with SLIDES.
    I had professors who did entire slide shows with FrameMaker.
    Can we talk overhead projectors? Though amusingly enough, the professor who used overheads was also one of the best lecturers I've studied with.

• Same I have a guy who is an authoritory on Roman plumbing (yes its facinating trust me) who only uses the OHP. The only problem is that he rearly sticks to his slides.
  • ...he rearly sticks to his slides.
    I LOL'd.

Can we talk overhead projectors? Though amusingly enough, the professor who used overheads was also one of the best lecturers I've studied with.

Actually, many of these professors actually printed out their FrameMaker slides onto transparencies and put them up on overhead projectors. Then again, these tended to be for classes in lecture halls that didn't have LCD projectors yet. The other profs that used FrameMaker (actually the standard in my alma mater's CS department) via LCD projectors. All of them, though, were actually pretty good professors for the most part.
  • http://www.therestartpage.com/
    Ah, sweet nostalgia.

Also, that crystal-healing bullshit doesn't even make me raise an eyebrow anymore. :-/
  • http://www.therestartpage.com/
    Man I hate you so much right now for posting that. Nothing personal it's just that I have to deal with some old machines at work and I've had some problems with two of them and have been working 6 months to try to get them back up and running. I see the bios on the win 1.01 all the time. It was driving me nuts but I finally got one up and running win98.

• Oh Nuri, I could pass that off as an intended joke but I would be lying there. Thus that typo shall remain, curse you 30 minute editing window you ridicule me from affar. As much as I love the guy about half of the lectures are spent with him comparing the Uni's exams office to the Chekka or the Starsie
  • htt
    http://www.therestartpage.com/
    Ah, sweet nostalgia.

Also, that crystal-healing bullshit doesn't even make me raise an eyebrow anymore. :-/
    It was more, why are they making a episodic TV show about these subjects.. I'm so used to seeing the opposite on the internet, that when I find pro-quackery in a decently presented creative video it jars me.
  • We threw out my Christmas tree because it had hundreds, literally hundreds, of tiny spiders growing in it.
    Real tree or fake tree? Cause I'd like to avoid this happening to me.

Yes, I'm scared of spiders. Stop laughing.

• Battle Royale is fun for the whole family.
  • Someone from the 206 area code (Washington State, around Seattle) was straight trolling me early this morning. I blame Ro.
    Are you serious? I had the same problem not more than a month ago. Someone from Seattle troll called me, I'm shocked that it happened to someone else.

Real tree or fake tree? Cause I'd like to avoid this happening to me.

Yes, I'm scared of spiders. Stop laughing.

Real tree. I have no idea how it happened, and I am probably underestimating the number of spiders. They were covering the bark and quite a few of the limbs, and they were tiny. Perhaps 1000's of tiny, tiny spiders, which I am terrified of. I wanted to burn down the house to make sure we got all of them.

If I had to guess, I'd assume it's because the tree had a pre-existing spider condition and the warmth of the house allowed them to breed.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the GEM system Capcom is putting into the Street Fighter X Tekken game.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the GEM system Capcom is putting into the Street Fighter X Tekken game.
    I think it's outrageous. Truly outrageous.

• Real tree. I have no idea how it happened, and I am probably underestimating the number of spiders. They were covering the bark and quite a few of the limbs, and they were tiny. Perhaps 1000's of tiny, tiny spiders, which I am terrified of. I wanted to burn down the house to make sure we got all of them.

If I had to guess, I'd assume it's because the tree had a pre-existing spider condition and the warmth of the house allowed them to breed.
    Do you know what kind of tree you got? And are you sure they were spiders and not aphids or adelgids?

It's not uncommon for there to be spider egg sacs in the trees, which hatch and release tons of teensy spiders. You can check for them when you trim the tree, but there's no guarantee you won't miss something.

• Real tree. I have no idea how it happened, and I am probably underestimating the number of spiders. They were covering the bark and quite a few of the limbs, and they were tiny. Perhaps 1000's of tiny, tiny spiders, which I am terrified of. I wanted to burn down the house to make sure we got all of them.

Do you know what kind of tree you got? And are you sure they were spiders and not aphids or adelgids?

It's not uncommon for there to be spider egg sacs in the trees, which hatch and release tons of teensy spiders. You can check for them when you trim the tree, but there's no guarantee you won't miss something.
    Absolutely no clue. The fiance picked it out and picked the place we bought it from, I just supplied money and brute strength for carrying.

They were definitely tiny, tiny spiders though.
  • edited January 2012
    The man they call Jayne is a dim-witted, gun-totting, right-wing dumbass. Who knew?

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Ahaha god damn I literally had no idea that was Jayne, just thought it was a wacko Firefly fan.
  • Rick Santorum likes dead foreign scientists.
    Thank goodness it's just contemporary scientists in hostile countries. I thought he was a supporter of Von Braun or something.
  • edited January 2012
    Wow, Jayne is, like, in character all the time.
    Post edited by gomidog on