This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• John McCain used to be a pretty good-looking fellow. He's just really old now.
    Hey, you never know, man. Gaben was pretty good looking in his 20s, too.

• Fast food waitress! Also, could that be considered entrapment (because otherwise, she's basically saddling this poor guy with child support or shotgun marriage)?
  • Men have no rights when it comes to a woman getting preggers.
  • I'm pretty sure that falls under, "Don't stick your dick in crazy". The way she talks it sounds like she hardly knows him, and if he's SUPER-POPULAR he should know better than to stick it in SUDDEN STALKER GIRL.
  • My WTF of my day is that lifecircle has never had apple cider.
    Is it weird if we have only had Hard Apple Cider?
    What I think is actually stranger is that he asked if anyone actually ever had it,,,, Like it is something exotic and perhaps has never heard of it before.
  • edited January 2012
    My WTF of my day is that lifecircle has never had apple cider.
    What I think is actually stranger is that he asked if anyone actually ever had it,,,, Like it is something exotic and perhaps has never heard of it before.

*Copypasta from "My Little Pony" thread*
    There is 'hard' apple cider that is alcohol. I prefer the Hornsby's brand. I like it over beer. To me it is like a beer, but not a real beer.
    I'm with you on "cider over beer". Hornsby's is a good cider, but I think Ace makes better cider overall. Their "Perry Hard Cider" (pear) is very good. Wyder's makes great cider all around, but a particularly fruity and delectable raspberry cider that pairs well with oven baked chicken or pork dishes. Raspberry cider with a cut of juicy chicken breast topped with cranberry sauce and a side of rice pilaf... Divine!

However, I would stay away from Wandering Aengus "Bloom" and "Wanderlust", and "Julian's" Hard Cider.The best I can say about those three is that they are lacking in flavor and have a strong taste of alcohol. The worst I can say is that they are a waste of money and that I am glad the two "Wandering Aengus" ciders that I tried are (so I'm told) a seasonal brew.

*end cider nerdsplosion*

So, take that as a recommendation, if you like, for good ciders.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2012
    I will have to try the Ace cider and Perry Hard Cider, that sounds good, but lately the only cider I have liked is Strongbow. I have to say I hate Woodchuck but I am not sure where I stand with the masses on that one.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Strongbow is horse piss. Tramps around here buy two liters of it for two quid ($3) and drink it to get wasted fast. Woodchuck is worse. When you try a good cider, your mind will explode. It's as if you'd been drinking Keystone your whole life and someone handed you a Delirium Tremens Nocturne. Try some scrumpy if you can find it.
  • Strongbow is horse piss. Tramps around here buy two liters of it for two quid ($3) and drink it to get wasted fast. Woodchuck is worse. When you try a good cider, your mind will explode. It's as if you'd been drinking Keystone your whole life and someone handed you a Delirium Tremens Nocturne. Try some scrumpy if you can find it.
    Let me rephrase, I did not mean that I like Strongbow per say but that it was better than the others around here. I am definitely going to take some recommendations though, I would love to have a cider I do enjoy to drink. I cannot remember the one I had that was good but it was a bit sweet and I could hardly tell it was a hard cider.
  • Friend, find your nearest BevMo and go cider huntin.
  • I think the nearest one is a little over 1500 miles away. We have Total Wine over here though so when I get a chance I will drive down to Jacksonville, FL and get something.
  • Total Wine's not really got much in the way of cider that isn't what WUB was knocking.
  • That's a really nice Wild Wild West cosplay there.
  • I was looking for some near Akiba station when this nicely dressed Japanese man walks up to me and says in English 「I am very hungry. 500 to hit me].
  • I'm assuming it's exactly what it says. An Ethernet port killer.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm with you on "cider over beer". Hornsby's is a good cider, but I think Ace makes better cider overall.
    Got some Ace but have not tried it yet, I will post my opinion of it in the Beer thread. I will say though that unless it is outstanding it will probably not be a regular buy at $14 a 6 pack.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I'm with you on "cider over beer". Hornsby's is a good cider, but I think Ace makes better cider overall.
    Got some Ace but have not tried it yet, I will post my opinion of it in the Beer thread. I will say though that unless it is outstanding it will probably not be a regular buy at $14 a 6 pack.
    $14?! What?! That's almost double what I pay for a six pack over here! What the hell?

• $14?! What?! That's almost double what I pay for a six pack over here! What the hell?
    Oh, I guess that comment deserved to be in this thread anyway. Yeah, I thought that was a bit much, probably just them charging more for it since they are the only place within 60 miles to have it. I hate the city I live in.
  • edited January 2012
    An infinite number of monkeys have been given an infinite number of keyboards.
    link fixed. You gotta add the Http://

Can't say I didn't just spend a few minutes scrolling through that subreddit, though. Pretty amusing.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've tried Crispin Brut lately, in terms of Hard Apple Cider, I actually really enjoyed it. My favorite cider at the moment though is Fox Barrel, they've had really tasty Pear Ciders as well as a lovely Black-Currant flavor.
  • This is funny, cute, and sad all at the same time. The tattoos and hardcore look of this man make it that much better.

• Aww, guy! He was very good, and forced himself to pat the dog.
    Phobias are so weird like that.