This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• I go with sad but I know people with extreme phobias like that. I am curious as to what caused his phobia as it seems like something happened when he was 5, or at least I am gathering that from the clip.
  • Except for osophobia. That shit is totally justified.
  • And fear of Rabies. Rabies is scary, for reals.
    That doesn't mean one should obsess about it.
  • Any disease that is only (truly) detectable by digging around inside of vital organs is terrifying.
  • edited February 2012
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dude, anime characters look neither white nor Asian.
    Also, they drew the nose more realistically on the one girl but not the other. Weird. The samples they used were not particularly good examples.
  • Emily, I posted this in WTF for a reason.
  • edited February 2012
    Edit: durr didn't see that extra page there.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I wasn't "dude-ing" at you, but rather expressing my annoyance at random 2chan guy.
  • http://finance.yahoo.com/news/who-is-raywj--youtube-s-top-star.html

Ray William Johnson makes an Estimated 1 Million Dollars a year...
  • Except for osophobia. That shit is totally justified.
    I found nosophobia. What is osophobia?
  • edited February 2012
    I'm guessing by oso- it might be fear of bears?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2012
    Except for osophobia. That shit is totally justified.
    I found nosophobia. What is osophobia?
    I actually meant ursaphobia. Fear of bears. Oso is the Spanish word for bear, so I derped my Spanish where I herped my Latin. Nosophobia is on the rational side of phobias though, compared to something like pogonophobia.
    I'm guessing by oso- it might be fear of bears?
    Papa Topo te ha enseñado muy bien, tío.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Oso panda oso panda, dime por donde andas.
  • edited February 2012
    That video has given me osophobia.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Whoa, that's a Disney show? I thought it was one of those South American 3D shows that are terrible, like "Tiny Cars."
  • That video has given me osophobia.
    Osophobia: Fear of Spanish Bears, or Secret Agent Bears.

Frankly, the ideal of a secret agent bear is even more terrifying than the idea of a normal bear. Secret agent bears have intelligence, cunning, stealth, training, and the backing of Q division.

• They call me Bearington, James Bearington.
  • edited February 2012
    I used to watch that show with my little brother. While the animation and 3d is kinda shit, the writing is kinda funny. Not great, but funny. They make LOADS of James Bond references. Look at some of the episode names:
    "To Grandma With Love"
    "Gold Flower"
    "License to Clean"
    "On Her Cousin's Special Salad"
    "A View to a Book"
    "Diamonds Are For Kites"
    "The Living Flashlight"
    "Sandcastle Royale"
    "Goldfeather"
    "Live and Let Ride"
    "Three Wheels Are Not Enough"
    "A Zoo to a Thrill"
    "The Boy With the Golden Gift"
    "Birthdays Are Forever"

I'm not saying this show is good, but it's not terrible.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I want to get this multi family house, but the current owner want to rent from us for up to a year. I expect it's to just give herself time to find a new place to stay. It's not that bad of a deal really. She's willing to pay a decent chunck to stay, but still WFT!?! I don't want to buy your house and have you still living in it. I want to buy your house so I can start living in it...
  • I want to get this multi family house, but the current owner want to rent from us for up to a year. I expect it's to just give herself time to find a new place to stay. It's not that bad of a deal really. She's willing to pay a decent chunck to stay, but still WFT!?! I don't want to buy your house and have you still living in it. I want to buy your house so I can start living in it...
    It's called "occupancy" in most home sales parlance, though it is much more common in the midwest than it is out this way.

When I was a kid, you'd talk about a home sale with a "90 day" occupancy or a "6 month occupancy" meaning that the owner of the sale property would retain occupancy for this period, paying effectively "rent" to the new owner. Balancing inside and outside occupancy between the house you sold and the house you bought was just part of buying a home, though many people sold the old house before buying a new one (or even having a planned purchase): the occupancy in those cases was the time they expected to need to close on a new house.

A year long occupancy is a bit strange, but not too far out of the ordinary.

It's called "occupancy" in most home sales parlance, though it is much more common in the midwest than it is out this way.

When I was a kid, you'd talk about a home sale with a "90 day" occupancy or a "6 month occupancy" meaning that the owner of the sale property would retain occupancy for this period, paying effectively "rent" to the new owner. Balancing inside and outside occupancy between the house you sold and the house you bought was just part of buying a home, though many people sold the old house before buying a new one (or even having a planned purchase): the occupancy in those cases was the time they expected to need to close on a new house.

A year long occupancy is a bit strange, but not too far out of the ordinary.

Yup. It's not uncommon when you're buying a house that's not new. You have to balance the time that they need to be able to buy a new house, etc., and move out. It's part of negotiation.
  • edited February 2012
    @Rym: Got it. I need to work on the lingo of home sales. I just found out what a seller concession was two days ago, and that blew my mind. The house has been on the market for less then a month. That may explain the extended occupancy.

EDIT: It's got a pool and over an acre of land. So we want to add the pool equipment and a lawnmover to the deal. I think we can get away with it.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Shouldn't your real estate agent know all of those things and be explaining them to you?
  • Shouldn't your real estate agent know all of those things and be explaining them to you?
    They tend to assume you already know all about home sales unless you constantly ask detailed questions. It's very easy to nod and move on when the jargon comes out. I only knew a lot of this going in due to my involvement in all of my parents' house purchases throughout my childhood.

My best advice to any first-time homebuyer? Ask constant annoying questions of your agent: they're more than happy to explain!
    They tend to assume you already know all about home sales unless you constantly ask detailed questions. It's very easy to nod and move on when the jargon comes out. I only knew a lot of this going in due to my involvement in all of my parents' house purchases throughout my childhood.

My best advice to any first-time homebuyer? Ask constant annoying questions of your agent: they're more than happy to explain!
    Seconded. You're going to find that a lot of people assume you're as interested in the inner workings of real estate as they are, so they're going to assume you know all of the jargon and just need them to file the paperwork. So ask every question you can, because it will pay off.

Ty has been at this for over a year and knows way more about this then I do. I'm just doing some of the financial backing. The occupancy wasn't stated in the listing because it didn't have to be. We've done a walk though and made an initial offer. Now, they're making a counter offer. The occupancy and higher price are part of the counter offer. We can accept what they've laid out, tell them no, or make a different offer. We don't have to accept the occupancy, but they don't have to accept any offer we make unless we've agree to to include it. However, we know that two other offers have been made on the property. The deal may hinge on who offers what first.

We can even ask to get the pool suplies and a lawn mower as part of the deal. It all depends on what they're willing to give up.