This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I say if you like it and it makes sense to do it, then do it, and use that time to make any improvements to the house that you want to make, providing they're not too disruptive to the life of the present tenant.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2012
    Is Brogrammer a thing now? Because on Reddit this ex-Zynga dev was talking about them too. I had never heard the term until today.
    I guess it means douchebag web devs that become programmers and do dumb shit like committing non-compiling (<-edit) code to the SVN? They have to be really frat boy obnoxious, too, and think themselves awesome.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I only encountered it in the facebook ad, but a quick google reveals that it's a thing.

Also that advertisement would be nonsense even without the word Brogrammer and the picture.

Also also, if that's a thing, I know some pretty talented brogrammers.
  • Wait, who commits compiled code to SVN?
  • edited February 2012
    Wait, who commits compiled code to SVN?
    - How often did you have to deal with other people's shit? For example, newbie programmer commiting non-compiling code/making X crash/etc ?
    - Who the fuck commits non compiled code?
    - Ask a Brogrammer.
    I use SVN to commit assets but I am not a programmer. I assumed that people edit a text file or script, commit their changes to the SVN, and then it is compiled later, so I was confused. I mispoke/misunderstood what was being said.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • He wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls.
  • I think my boss is a brogrammer.
  • http://finance.yahoo.com/news/who-is-raywj--youtube-s-top-star.html

Ray William Johnson makes an Estimated 1 Million Dollars a year...
    I am angrier than I have ever been.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012

This was...unexpected. Let's hope it doesn't fail like Dynasty Warriors: FotNS did...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • >implying Ken's Rage failed
  • This was...unexpected. Let's hope it doesn't fail like Dynasty Warriors: FotNS did...
    I would not be surprised if that never makes it to the US.
  • So.. Yeah...
    Photobucket
  • So.. Yeah...
    As the link is highlighted I am assuming you looked at that. Is it as horrible as it sounds?
  • I think it was a troll.
  • As the link is highlighted I am assuming you looked at that. Is it as horrible as it sounds?
    It's more likely than you think.
  • It's more likely than you think.

• >implying Ken's Rage failed
    It failed amongst people who were not familiar with the Fist of the North Star franchise or mythos in general and did not understand why the game was the way it was. But to those who are fans of the series such as myself and (I assume) you, it is the perfect Hokuto no Ken game and was put on the perfect engine that could contain the absolute mayhem and power of Hokuto no Ken

• edited February 2012
    >implying Ken's Rage failed
    It failed amongst people who were not familiar with the Fist of the North Star franchise or mythos in general and did not understand why the game was the way it was. But to those who are fans of the series such as myself and (I assume) you, it is the perfect Hokuto no Ken game and was put on the perfect engine that could contain the absolute mayhem and power of Hokuto no Ken

>Implying the Dynasty Warriors engine is the Perfect Engine for an HnK game.
    >Implying Dynasty Warriors games have been anything other than reskins with increases in the amounts of enemies onscreen since DW3.
    >Implying DW games are good.
    >MFW

God Hand was the perfect Hokuto no Ken game.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • God Hand was the perfect Hokuto no Ken game.
    THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

• "If you want to live to see tomorrow you better start frying them eggs better than what you were frying 'em. I'm tired of eating slimy, sloppy eggs."

• "If you want to live to see tomorrow you better start frying them eggs better than what you were frying 'em. I'm tired of eating slimy, sloppy eggs."
    I can't find it on youtube, so just imagine that there's a clip from Madoka Magica of the teacher ranting about cooking eggs here.
  • Didn't know if I should post this here, or in things of the day
  • Some kinda Japan As Fuck strategy wargame, featuring a cast of history's greatest men as (mostly) little girls.

I have never been more confused in my life.
    This is the most EPIC thing ever!

-also, Voluptuous Lady + Repeated Clicking = Boob Physics
  • Didn't know if I should post this here, or in things of the day
    This is one of my most anticipated movies of the year.
  • ...That's actually pretty funny.