This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• If there was a LOL of Your Day thread, I'd have posted this there instead.
  • My first thought was "That looks like it would feel like sandpaper to use".
  • Toilet paper is an under-represented medium.
  • Saw a lot of printed TP while I was in Japan, but never any hentai TP.
  • edited February 2012

I love the idea of this kid trying to wallhack his internet connection.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Can't decide between WTF or Thing of your day, either way it made me laugh quite genuinely:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/q426y/police_fbi_or_other_law_officials_of_reddit_whats/c3umfsg

Uk cop here.

That reminds me of a story when I first joined. A fellow 'probationer' (student officer) was assisting a drugs raid and was told at the briefing that the address in question had a large vicious dog. He was told by the Sgt to take a fire extinguisher and fire it off if the dog attacked. Dogs are afraid of fire extinguishers and it scares them. When the raid came, they put the door in and searched round the address. The dog started going mental so the Sgt told the probationer to 'give it to the dog'. So the probationer turned round and smashed the dog on the head with the fire extinguisher!

I love the idea of this kid trying to wallhack his internet connection.
    Even though my internets are crap, that is NOT ME <_<
  • Woke up next to some cheese on toast with absolutely no idea when it had arrived. Needless to say, it was probably some time around 11pm.. again.
  • I should visit Leeds so that we can get some meals at normal hours.
  • I should visit Leeds so that we can get some meals at normal hours.
    Hell yeah. Omnom can show you my favorite hookah bar with the DELICIOUS chicken, or the rockin' chinese joint. There is even Hercules down in headingly, it's not that long of a walk, only the edge of the middle kingdom past the park.

• 7 people died eating mochi in Japan during this new year. For perspective: Fugu, eaten all year round, has killed 15 people in the last 10 years and only a few of those were in restaurants (Mostly people die when they catch and eat it themselves.).
  • 7 people died eating mochi in Japan during this new year. For perspective: Fugu, eaten all year round, has killed 15 people in the last 10 years and only a few of those were in restaurants (Mostly people die when they catch and eat it themselves.).
    Yes, but how many servings each of mochi and fugu are eaten each year? I imagine the rate of mochi consumption is at least 10 times the rate of fugu consumption.

• edited February 2012
    Yup. It's mostly old people and kids choking on the sticky rice. There has to be similarly dangerous foods in the US in terms of choking victims.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited February 2012
    Yup. It's mostly old people and kids choking on the sticky rice. There has to be similarly dangerous foods in the US in terms of choking victims.
    Hot dogs, apparently. At least for children.

EDIT: Actually, hot dogs have the highest association with fatalities, but nuts of all kinds (especially peanuts) have the highest overall association with asphyxiation incidents.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I tried and failed to find good statistics on whether choking deaths are increasing or decreasing for adults in the industrialized world.

Children, however, appear to choke to death on anything within arm's reach on a regular basis...
  • Protip: Babies are fucking dumb.
  • Given his vehement stance on raw milk, here's something delightful for Pete: "Totally Raw" Honey.
  • edited March 2012
    Protip: Babies are fucking dumb.
    They're not dumb. They're just uneducated. They are trying to educate themselves by exploring the world the best way they know how: with their mouths. Why do you hate education?
    Given his vehement stance on raw milk, here's something delightful for Pete: "Totally Raw" Honey.
    Raw honey isn't anywhere near as dangerous as raw milk. Honey has a lot of natural antimicrobial properties, while milk has a lot of natural PROmicrobial properties.

EDIT: And to tie that shit together, don't feed honey to babies. Cuz ya know, Botulism.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • They're also fucking dumb. Their brains are too small to hold intellect.
  • Babies learn at a rate way faster than adults. I'd argue that makes them smarter than adults. Smart and dumb are not measures of your knowledge. They are measures of your mental capacity.
  • Raw honey isn't anywhere near as dangerous as raw milk. Honey has a lot of natural antimicrobial properties, while milk has a lot of natural PROmicrobial properties.
    Doesn't surprise me. If your marketing strategy involves promoting your honey as totally raw, unfiltered, and untouched, and someone sees this when they open your product, it's probably a flawed marketing plan.

Damn, now I want some honey candies..
  • Yeah, raw honey isn't much of an issue. It has so little water that it doesn't support the growth of microorganisms. But those C. bot spores will fuck your kid up, so for serious: don't feed honey to infants. Ever.

This is awesome, but wtf-worthy that it got turned into a shirt.
  • edited March 2012
    Post edited by Grunkie7 on
  • Austrailian floods cause Massive spider webs

Fuck that shit
    That actually made me wish I was in Australia.
  • Babies learn at a rate way faster than adults. I'd argue that makes them smarter than adults. Smart and dumb are not measures of your knowledge. They are measures of your mental capacity.
    Yeah, you gotta look at a baby's brain as kind of like an empty hard drive. Sure, it's got nothing there, but it's 100% clean and defragmented and ready to suck in every little bit of a data as fast as its CPU (which is the same as an adult's brain's CPU, essentially) can possibly handle. Compare that with an adult brain as a hard drive, where it's packed with years', if not decades', worth of data, but is now so fragmented that it takes longer for it to suck in new data.
  • That analogy works disturbingly well.
  • In that analogy, what is defragmentation? Railway spike?