This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited March 2012
    NY will be okay safe, I think. Upstate does not have that much power over the city. Cool people will just keep moving here and we will have most of our rights, as long as nothing terrible happens at the federal level.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Can we also either take or sell Alaska to someone else? If we go to war with Jesusland, we'd have to fight a two front war. Never fight a two front war.
  • NY will be okay safe, I think. Upstate does not have that much power over the city. Cool people will just keep moving here and we will have most of our rights, as long as nothing terrible happens at the federal level.
    Upstate NY is also way more concerned about keeping their taxes down than they are about enforcing their beliefs on everyone else. Most of the debate I have seen in the NY Senate is S. NY people trying to make new programs and changes, and N. NY people complaining about those new programs and changes because they will increase hardship/costs/taxes on the N. NY residents.

• Can we also either take or sell Alaska to someone else? If we go to war with Jesusland, we'd have to fight a two front war. Never fight a two front war.
    It's cool. Nobody lives there. And it's cold, like Russia.

Also, that graphic makes it look like Canada is totally mounting Jesusland from behind.

Also, that graphic makes it look like Canada is totally mounting Jesusland from behind.

Look out for Santorum!

Look out for Santorum!
    Aha! So THAT'S what Alaska is!

• We had this song as a kid except shorter and different lyrics. No idea that otaher folks grew up with that song.

• I was working on a really awesome screenplay idea. So awesome, it seems, that someone has just gotten paid for the exact same fucking idea.

Weak.
  • I have to say, Jason Statham playing Nick Cage would be pretty great.
  • I have to say, Jason Statham playing Nick Cage would be pretty great.
    I dunno... You think he would be Cage-y enough?
  • Well, he'd have to work on his Cage accent, but I think if he watched enough of his films he could get it down.
  • I want Nic Cage and Keanu Reaves should do a movie about psychopaths. On the surface, it's oscar-bait about people with no ability to empathize, but really it's a comedy about how neither of them can act.
  • Yeah, who the fuck writes after "aftre"?
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2012
    I want Nic Cage and Keanu Reaves should do a movie about psychopaths. On the surface, it's oscar-bait about people with no ability to empathize, but really it's a comedy about how neither of them can act.
    Oh the discussions we'll have on the podcast (after WUB picks up a copy of Commando and watches it for the next episode)!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited March 2012
    I want Nic Cage and Keanu Reaves should do a movie about psychopaths. On the surface, it's oscar-bait about people with no ability to empathize, but really it's a comedy about how neither of them can act.
    Oh the discussions we'll have on the podcast (after WUB picks up a copy of Commando and watches it for the next episode)!
    Oh shit! I didn't know we were go for that. I'll grab it tomorrow, since I leave for a month on the 19th and will be unable to Skype.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

• Apparently evolution kills black people. Who knew?
  • Bah those damn peacocks its all part of their master plan I tell you!
  • edited March 2012
    I found this forum post via Daryl Surat's Twitter account.

You just know that when you see a post where the first sentence is “I would love to see a fan-chart describing all the alien species’ exact capacity for butt romance,” that it's going to make for a very weird and confusing, albeit hilarious time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471712&pagenumber=535&perpage=40#post401968086
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • There's a lot of those that I really like as art if you remove a small part. Take this example:
    It's terribly intolerant of muslims and uninformed. But if you shop out the top:
    Actually quite good.
  • There's a lot of those that I really like as art if you remove a small part. Take this example:
    It's terribly intolerant of muslims and uninformed. But if you shop out the top:
    Actually quite good.
    That actually made me laugh.
  • Also, some of the originals are just awesome. I may hate the politics, but this is pretty damn great:
    I also think this has some truth, albeit not on this particular issue:
  • edited April 2012
    If case you were wonderng why the lone dev, Shay Peirce, walked away from OMGPOP after Zynga bought them for hundreads of millions of dollars, this might shed some light.

Introducing Dan Porter; Peirce's old boss, CEO of OMGPOP, asshole.

A quick perusal of his Twitter feed reveals:

1. Bragging about his prowess at HS math

2. A multi-millionaire asking the internet to help him avoid a magazine subscription so he can read an article about himself

3. Using the murder of a child to promote his business

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I have gazed into the beasts eye and I know fear.
  • I have gazed into the beasts eye and I know fear.
    After watching that I am sure I fear almost nothing now :O