This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• I am not saying that everyone should be topless all the time, I just want it to be equal for men and women. So, if that large man at the football game can be without a shirt and that is okay, same goes for the old woman with the saggy boobs.
    Oh, definitely can agree with that. Even Drew Carey's routine wasn't about legally mandating that people dress appropriate to their body size -- it was more a case of it being "good manners" to do so. Legislating etiquette is not a rat hole any of us wants to go down. :) I mean, they just made swearing a fine-able offense in Middleboro, MA, and there's already at least one person (a retired Marine, if I remember correctly), who's taking them to court over it.
  • It's gonna be over 100/nearly 40 today.
  • The heat index in Chicago today is 43.3C (110F). Fuck everything, I'm just going to stay home, wear linen, and drink mojitos on the deck all day.
  • edited June 2012
    It's 60F/16C and 84% humidity. Today is a swamp-ass day.

I think it would be hilarious is Uniqlo could add that to there weather descriptions. Well, just "Swampy Day!"
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Tell me about it, man. We're at 100% humidity here. It's like walking through chowder; you can taste the air.
  • I am not saying that everyone should be topless all the time, I just want it to be equal for men and women. So, if that large man at the football game can be without a shirt and that is okay, same goes for the old woman with the saggy boobs.
    Oh, definitely can agree with that. Even Drew Carey's routine wasn't about legally mandating that people dress appropriate to their body size -- it was more a case of it being "good manners" to do so. Legislating etiquette is not a rat hole any of us wants to go down. :) I mean, they just made swearing a fine-able offense in Middleboro, MA, and there's already at least one person (a retired Marine, if I remember correctly), who's taking them to court over it.
    I don't think moderating your dress because *other people* are disgusted by you has anything to do with manners. If you're going out in a big latex suit with your cock hanging out, then I get the problem. Shirtless old guy with moobs? Tough shit, kid.
  • 104 in the shade. Not even riding my scooter cools me off.
  • What the fuck it's warm.
  • not a day to be moving ):
  • I'm hanging out with a friend specifically to make use of her air conditioning tonight.
  • My AC has been running pretty much constantly today.
  • edited June 2012
    My AC has been running pretty much constantly today.
    I'm somewhat ideologically opposed to the concept of personal (as opposed to communal) AC, particularly in architecture not optimized for energy efficiency. But damn, it sucks, especially when my roommate has no such compulsions (to cool her locked bedroom) and I have to split the electric bill.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • My AC has been running pretty much constantly today.
    I'm somewhat ideologically opposed to the concept of personal (as opposed to communal) AC, particularly in architecture not optimized for energy efficiency. But damn, it sucks, especially when my roommate has no such compulsions (to cool her locked bedroom) and I have to split the electric bill.
    Well I was talking about the AC for the whole house...
  • We have much better air conditioning in our new office versus our old one (moved across the hall in the same building, only been in new office for 1 week). The difference is enough that when I walk out into the hallway now to use the bathroom, the air hits me and I immediately think of an indoor swimming pool.
  • We have much better air conditioning in our new office versus our old one (moved across the hall in the same building, only been in new office for 1 week). The difference is enough that when I walk out into the hallway now to use the bathroom, the air hits me and I immediately think of an indoor swimming pool.
    I need an office that IS a swimming pool.
  • No. No you don't.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2012
    No. No you don't.
    This response confuses me.

Post edited by Geo on
  • Well I was talking about the AC for the whole house...
    just to clarify, i am in no way judging you, or anyone else (except my roommate) who benefits from the comfort of AC...
    No. No you don't.
    Sounds pretty fantastic to me.
  • The humidity finally hit the breaking point today. Got to leave work early though to avoid the storms! Sill going to be in the 90s tomorrow with more storms. Hopefully I can get some fishing time in the morning.

• edited June 2012
    Some wicked thunderstorms just rolled through north virginia too.

EDIT: Actually looking at that time stamp, it might have been the same storm.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Was most likely this front. Passed me around 6pm. Luckily it split around the county I'm in but I hear that Columbus got hit hard.
  • Via Viga: Americans lived in harmony. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...
  • edited June 2012
    Via Viga: Americans lived in harmony. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...
    Colorado Springs Agrees
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Via Viga: Americans lived in harmony. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...
    They hit the midwest and South the hardest.
  • edited June 2012
    No. No you don't.
    This response confuses me.
    You don't want the swimming pool and the office to be in the same room - swimming pools are warm and FAR too humid. In the same building, yes.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I kinda miss the east side of the state in the summer. Tanktop and shorts weather during the summer. Seattle is not very warm.
  • I need an office that IS a swimming pool.
    Welcome to my life. Today's work includes a trip to the beach for a swim in the Med, then probably a hot tub session later.
  • I need an office that IS a swimming pool.
    Welcome to my life. Today's work includes a trip to the beach for a swim in the Med, then probably a hot tub session later.
    Your life is so hard, Luke.