This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• As much as I really like 30 Rock, I don't think it's as good as Arrested Development, and Tracy Morgan really pisses me off sometimes. Parks and Recreation is EXCELLENT, so I can't compare the two. Sophie's choice, I guess.
    30 Rock is really starting to slide now, but the reason why everyone watches is because of Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan. I never even watched an episode of 30 Rock till about, a month ago, but it actually got me to laugh out loud because of the way those two deliver lines. And Parks and Rec is a real darling, because it's doing everything The Office did, but better and with a true sense of continuity and world.
  • Last night, I finished both Battlestar Galactica and Madoka Magica.

Here is what I have learned:

1) Life is a deterministic path that you follow whether or not you want to, and trying to change your fate will only result in misery. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

2) There is a god, and holy fuck does he love his acid.
  • Madoka is different the second time because you know what's going on. I cried way more at the end this time.
  • Archer returns very soon!
    YES!

Did you watch Regis this morning?
    YES!

Did you watch Regis this morning?
    Ro, I think you need to calm down. You're in the...

• edited January 2012
    Archer returns very soon!
    I thought you didn't like Archer. Wasn't there a podcast episode where you expressed your distaste for the show?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
    I thought you didn't like Archer. Wasn't there a podcast episode where you expressed your distaste for the show?
    Wrong Host, Rym actually has good taste in Humor :-p
  • Archer is the funniest current show on TV in my opinion.
  • edited January 2012
    ROOOOO.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited January 2012
    Danger zone.

Post edited by Jason on
  • So, now I've seen all of Futurama except the stuff from last year, since it's not on Netflix yet. A great injustice has been righted.
  • The "Lana...Lana...LANA...LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" thing is my ringtone.
  • As much as I really like 30 Rock, I don't think it's as good as Arrested Development, and Tracy Morgan really pisses me off sometimes. Parks and Recreation is EXCELLENT, so I can't compare the two. Sophie's choice, I guess.
    30 Rock is really starting to slide now, but the reason why everyone watches is because of Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan. I never even watched an episode of 30 Rock till about, a month ago, but it actually got me to laugh out loud because of the way those two deliver lines. And Parks and Rec is a real darling, because it's doing everything The Office did, but better and with a true sense of continuity and world.
    I enjoy it as it becomes more and more absurd. Every episode gleams with quality writing. It's occasionally poignant, but never too serious. Which is a kind of comedy that is endangered. I don't always want a moral. I don't care for love stories. Tracy and Alec are great, but Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski's characters are definitely my favorite. The more of the show I watch, the more I enjoy it, and the more I'm saddened by the prospect of its ending. People expect shows to jump the shark. I disagree entirely that 30 Rock is an example of that happening.

• edited January 2012
    The "Lana...Lana...LANA...LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" thing is my ringtone.
    "Mulatto Butts" is my ringtone.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I haven't done it yet, but I want Vash's total slaughter song as my ringtone:
  • edited January 2012
    More people should watch "Leverage"

Post edited by Erwin on
  • I stumbled onto Suburgatory just after Thanksgiving. It's a quirky half hour sitcom, with no laugh track, about a teenage girl and her single dad moving from Manhattan to the suburbs of New York.

The highlights of the cast include "Dr. Spaceman" and Alan Tudyk.
  • Ok, now I have to watch this show.

• 30 Rock and Parks and Rec tonight. omgomgomg
  • @Portlandia with BSG

That was me and Jeremy for season 1 of BSG. I think I'll have to watch this show now too.
  • Did Parks & Rec actually get good? The first few episodes were so painful I couldn't keep watching.
  • Just start with season 2.
  • Did Parks & Rec actually get good? The first few episodes were so painful I couldn't keep watching.
    Just start with season 2.
    There's a hole. Leslie Knope, a well meaning public official wants to fill it and make a park. She has friends and coworkers and a boss.

It got better because they made Leslie actually intelligent after the first, 6 episode season. Focus groups wanted a smart female character. Weird.
  • Is there a Ron Swanson supercut from Season 1 somewhere? Because that's all the Season 1 you really need.

Also, keep your eyes peeled for my forthcoming fanfic, "Parks & Rec Duke Silver Gaiden: Glorious Saxophone of Divine Deliverance."
  • Parks and Recreation Season 1 is like The Office Season 1. You can totally skip it because it's really trying hard to copy something.

Finished Dexter Season 6. I'd say on par with Season 3 (Which I like more than Season 5...) Lots of cool moments, but plenty of "Eww, squick." moments.