This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• If I wanted to start BSG, would I want to watch the miniseries or start with the actual show's beginning? I tried watching the miniseries several years ago and couldn't stay awake.
  • Really? I was on the edge of my seat.
  • It was many years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had a completely different reaction today.
  • Buffy was only 86 minuets.
    That's pretty damn long. Most symphonies only have, like, two minuets max.
    +1

• A lot of people complain about the BSG miniseries that launched the first season, but that's my favorite part. The rest tends to linger and wane. Rob, I hope you don't curse out the final season like I did.
  • A lot of people complain about the BSG miniseries that launched the first season, but that's my favorite part. The rest tends to linger and wane.

• I don't know what that means and I don't care to find out.
  • I don't know what that means and I don't care to find out.
    Quick! Drink the vodka before it spoils!

• If I wanted to start BSG, would I want to watch the miniseries or start with the actual show's beginning? I tried watching the miniseries several years ago and couldn't stay awake.
    Don't even bother with the miniseries, honestly. All the important stuff is recapped in the first season, and you can read a Wikipedia summary if you need to.

• NO. Start with the miniseries. It gives you critical insights into the characters' motivations and sets up reveals for later in the series. Plus, you can't just skip the whole twist with Boomer that unfolds early if you're paying attention.
  • Watch the fucking miniseries. Otherwise you are doing it wrong.
  • Seriously though, watch the miniseries. Shit blows up. Who doesn't like watching shit blow up?

Well, OK, I bet the colonies weren't so fond of it.
  • Yea, Watch the Miniseries, if you find it's too slow, the first eps of the regular series will make of for that.
  • Speaking of miniseries, Sherlock has been the best moving picture I've seen all year.
  • Based on a large majority of the forums' praise for Arrested Development, I watched the first 5 episodes and laughed my ass off. This really is something special and I'm gonna stick with it all the way through.
  • edited January 2012
    Speaking of miniseries, Sherlock has been the best moving picture I've seen all year.
    I have to watch the second season.
    I have to admit, though, it brought out the little fujoshi furball in me more than I expected. I hear that season 2 brings the (het) romance with an Irene Adler character though.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited January 2012
    You watched all of Hokuto no Ken with me this year.
    Edit: Oh wait, 2012?
    Post edited by Aria on
  • You watched all of Hokuto no Ken with me this year.
    I watched all of Hokuto. Not sure if that was 2010 or 2011.
    You talked about it this year. I think..
  • Shameless on showtime is a fun show and portrays a lifestyle that I hope I never have to experience myself.
    Damn, I still need to buy Box 3 and Box 4 :O

Damn, I still need to buy Box 3 and Box 4 :O

I just watched it all on Crunchyroll.
  • So I've been watching nothing but Phineas and Ferb for the past few days.

CURSE YOU, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!
  • So I've been watching nothing but Phineas and Ferb for the past few days.

CURSE YOU, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!
    That's something I've been doing a lot lately too. It's nice because normal episode is 10minutes it's easy and fast to digest. Seen the movie yet?

• Seen the movie yet?
    Working my way up to it.

• Seen the movie yet?
    Working my way up to it.

I watched it between season 1 and 2, or little after starting season 2, somewhere around there. Also currently in the middle of second season.

• I think I'm at the end of Season 2 right now and I'm going to watch the movie after I'm done with Season 3.
  • Finished watching the second season of Sherlock. This show is so damn good I can't believe it.

The only problem now is that I have to wait about 1-2 years for season 3...
  • Being Human, is so awesome :P
  • Please tell me that Sherlock II does not end on the same sort of cliffhanger the previous season did. Gosh.
    Also, I hope that it maintains the slight hoyay! which filled the fujoshi in me with glee.