This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Ever since my friend showed me the Old Gregg sketch last weekend, I've been watching The Mighty Boosh. This show rules. The "gather 'round" gag gets me every time.
    Defs one of my favorite shows ever. Gotta let the H-man take control.
    It's so good why is it so short ;_;
  • They've expressed interest in a fourth season, but they were touring, which is why it hasn't happened yet. I hope they go on tour while I'm in the UK.
  • I tried to watch Portlandia and found it dull. Very, very dull and dumb. I get all the jokes, they're just tired and not good.

I also tried to watch The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margaret because of David Cross, but it was just painfully bad. And they showed a bloated cat corpse being devoured by flies at the end. Not funny.

I ran out of Raising Hope to watch, so I might have to go back to Modern Family.
  • Winter is coming.
    Oh how far are you now?
    Finished season one.

This show was a series of failed Burning Wheel rolls, and ended with a fist full of characters holding fistfulls of Artha. ;^)

• edited January 2012
    Just finished Arrested Development the other day. Started last week, finished at the end of that week.

Well, that was a great week.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited January 2012
    I tried to watch Portlandia and found it dull. Very, very dull and dumb. I get all the jokes, they're just tired and not good.
    Honestly, I'm surprised more people don't have this opinion of the show. Obviously I disagree and really like it, but the style of humor seems so inspired by stuff like Tim and Eric, with its awkward, surreal, and straight "dumb" moments. But Portlandia has been so much better received and not nearly as polarizing as shows that have come before it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I tried to watch Portlandia and found it dull. Very, very dull and dumb. I get all the jokes, they're just tired and not good.
    Honestly, I'm surprised more people don't have this opinion of the show. Obviously I disagree and really like it, but the style of humor seems so inspired by stuff like Tim and Eric, with its awkward, surreal, and straight "dumb" moments. But Portlandia has been so much better received and not nearly as polarizing as shows that have come before it.
    It is definitely an interesting thought, that it should be polarizing. I think it might be polarizing within certain groups. For instance, I don't think a lot of people who don't frequent The Internet run across all the jokes done in that show. I'd probably like it if the jokes and stereotypes were new to me.
  • Rewatching every season of Entourage......other than that? Whater I can find on AFN.
  • Portlandia is a collection of micro-indie films.
  • There will be some Portlandia talk in the ATW9K feed. Stay tuned.
  • Just finished Arrested Development the other day. Started last week, finished at the end of that week.

Well, that was a great week.
    MR F.
  • CACAO!
    Cacao to leaving.
  • Now I'm just thirsty for cocoa.
  • RymRym
    edited January 2012

I couldn't help myself. (This is the first show since ponies to actually drive me to make a mashup).
    Post edited by Rym on
  • That's pretty clever and amusing. I just may watch this show again. It's a given since its nice to refresh yourself before the next season starts back up.
  • Also, Carrie is pretty hot.

• Winter is coming.
    Oh how far are you now?
    Finished season one.

This show was a series of failed Burning Wheel rolls, and ended with a fist full of characters holding fistfulls of Artha. ;^)

Yea, I thought you'd see it that way ^_^
  • Also, Carrie is pretty hot.
    I reject your premise.
  • Just watched the first episode of BSG. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
  • Just watched the first episode of BSG. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
    Pete watches BSG. Then Sail watches BSG.

This has all happened before. And it will all happen again.
    Then WindUpBird watches BSG?
  • Will Sail have a similar reaction to the end of the show? Only time will tell.

Y'know what, though, it was one of the best fucking serial anything I've ever seen.
  • Is it really worth going through and watching it all? It seems like allot of work.
  • Is it really worth going through and watching it all? It seems like allot of work.
    Psh, this is what, only four seasons? After watching all of Buffy and Initial D, this is nothing.
  • Buffy was only 86 minuets.
    Watched it after my friend and her boyfriend, but *before* Ro, you, and Pete.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again. So say we all.

• Buffy was only 86 minuets.
    That's pretty damn long. Most symphonies only have, like, two minuets max.
  • So say we all. Stop tempting me to watch the series again.
  • edited January 2012
    Just watched the first episode of BSG. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
    Watched it after my friend and her boyfriend, but *before* Ro, you, and Pete.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again. So say we all.

Timeloop! WUB is a Time-traveler!
    Post edited by KapitänTim on