This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I wouldn't skip Parks & Rec season 1. Just breeze through it. It doesn't take that long, really.
  • I am barely 5 minutes into watching Portlandia and I'm dying from laughter.
  • Leverage season 5 finale is awesome so far :D
  • No spoilarz, unless you use the tag. T__T
  • I just started Game of Thrones, just watched the first episode. It had lots of "Sex and Violence." It is interesting so far, and I managed to avoid most of the information about the serious save Yuko Ota's Tumblr fanart. I think I will like Arya and Tyrion.
    Also, there is this guy who is kinda like Gnair from Prince of Nothing, but less interesting. If that is all there is to be character, being the rape+violence barbarian, boring.
    There were wolf puppies! And maybe there will be dragons later on?
  • edited January 2012
    No spoilarz, unless you use the tag. T__T
    Suffice to say that:
    [spoiler]the end would make a certain time traveling alien with a big blue box proud![/spolier]

Post edited by Erwin on
  • So in one sitting, less than 3 hours, I watched the first season of Portlandia. This is one of my new favorite shows. Each episode has had me laugh so hard I was in tears with possible tinkling in the pants.

It's hard to say which sketch duo is my favorite, but the reverse role couple is pretty damn entertaining.

I also really got a kick out of Harajuku Girls.

• There are two episodes out from the new season right now. You know what to do.
  • That's already taken care of.
  • The season finale of Leverage totally made up for the season being hit or miss. Wil Wheaton is back and is as annoyingly hilarious as ever.

I loved and noticed many geeky references of pieces of the Stargate that were on the walls in the vault, the Bat Cave, Star Trek, BSG, and a quote from Tombstone.
  • edited January 2012
    Am I the only one on here that watched Napoleon Dynamite (the cartoon)? Perhaps it is only funny since I live in Utah and know Idaho. I got a good laugh at the hairdo's of Don's family. Yep, I can't believe how popular that style was.

Hey! There was even some contact juggling on the show!
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • I made it two minutes before hitting eject on that piece of shit. I give it six episodes before Fox cancels it.
  • The season finale of Leverage totally made up for the season being hit or miss. Wil Wheaton is back and is as annoyingly hilarious as ever.

I loved and noticed many geeky references of pieces of the Stargate that were on the walls in the vault, the Bat Cave, Star Trek, BSG, and a quote from Tombstone.
    Did you notice the psudo Doctor who decision at the end. Also, when the whole team got together to see Nate's decision it kind of made me remember this shot at 1:05

• I don't know what's wrong with me, but lately I've been watching lots of Holmes on Homes and Holmes Inspection. At least it's informative. I think I might be able to lay tile now. o_O
  • edited January 2012
    @Erwin No, because I don't watch Doctor Who so I wouldn't have gotten the reference.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Am I the only one on here that watched Napoleon Dynamite (the cartoon)? Perhaps it is only funny since I live in Utah and know Idaho. I got a good laugh at the hairdo's of Don's family. Yep, I can't believe how popular that style was.

Hey! There was even some contact juggling on the show!
    I actually watched it and kind of enjoyed it too. It kind of makes Napoleon's Jaded Outlook more understandable. And they are really clever when it comes with an ending gags before a transition. Like, the best jokes are always during then.

The Contact Juggling made me laugh, because Kip was dressing like The Great and Powerful Trixie.
  • B:TAS constantly impresses with the expressiveness of its mask eyes.
  • Ever since my friend showed me the Old Gregg sketch last weekend, I've been watching The Mighty Boosh. This show rules. The "gather 'round" gag gets me every time.
  • edited January 2012
    Ever since my friend showed me the Old Gregg sketch last weekend, I've been watching The Mighty Boosh. This show rules. The "gather 'round" gag gets me every time.
    Defs one of my favorite shows ever. Gotta let the H-man take control.

Also, Kirk for the fucking win.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Archer, now with 100% more Burt Reynolds.
  • Archer, now with 100% more Burt Reynolds.
    Shit, now I'm in the...

...Danger Zone.

• Watched a few episodes of Portlandia at a friend's house tonight. Some of it I don't really get, but it is damn funny overall. Thanks to my girlfriend being from that area, I definitely see where the stereotypes come from.
  • Dear god the US TopGear is bad. It's so absurdly boring and the hosts are such dull nobodies.
  • What U.S. Top Gear? They never made a U.S. Top Gear. I have no son.
  • edited January 2012
    What U.S. Top Gear? They never made a U.S. Top Gear. I have no son.
    Quiet, you. If we ignore our mistakes, we don't learn from them.

The pilot episode was actually quite good - for that one, they had Adam Carolla, who along with the appropriate name, is also a legit car guy, and two other similar blokes, can't remember the names. They had good rapport, good jokes, and knew their stuff, it looked to be a great show, so it was eagerly picked up - on the condition they ditched the hosts and tried to be more like us car shows, which resulted in the affront to motoring telivision that is top gear America.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Winter is coming.
  • 04/01/2012 It will be a cold spring indeed.
  • Yo, winter came down here. We got a genuine inch, with more on the way.
  • What U.S. Top Gear? They never made a U.S. Top Gear. I have no son.
    Quiet, you. If we ignore our mistakes, we don't learn from them.

The pilot episode was actually quite good - for that one, they had Adam Carolla, who along with the appropriate name, is also a legit car guy, and two other similar blokes, can't remember the names. They had good rapport, good jokes, and knew their stuff, it looked to be a great show, so it was eagerly picked up - on the condition they ditched the hosts and tried to be more like us car shows, which resulted in the affront to motoring telivision that is top gear America.
    Which is why it was terrible. These hosts (no comedian here) were dull, had no chemistry, and didn't even go into detail with the cars. They were so fucking bland and banal when talking, saying the most obvious statements, the dialogue was seriously. "This is the car. It looks like this. It goes this fast. It has shiny buttons." No poise, no explanation, and hardly any passion. And the only humor they had was. "Lol, Hybrids are for sissies."

Pointless.
  • Winter is coming.
    Oh how far are you now?