This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I've never read the comic before but I looked up the character right after I saw her. It just struck me as way out in left field because for the most part the show keeps close to a realistic zombie scenario (as far as zombies can be considered realistic). But then there's some lady wandering around like some sort of ominous zombie killer with a samurai sword and it sort of ruined the mood for me.

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited March 2012
    I have been watching the awesomely cheesy mid 90's sci fi show, Earth 2. I have watch the entire show in 3 days. I have one episode left to watch after the one I am currently on. I forgot how terribadcoolfun this show was. Has anyone else watched it? Or at least remembered it? Next I am going to sea if Seaquest is on Netflix.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • It has both the Kurgan and Tim Curry!
  • It has the Kurgan
    I always think of him being either the Kurgan or Lex Luthor (usually the former), so watching Shawshank Redemption has always been kind of a weird experience for me.

• Just started watching season 1 of Game of Thrones. I approve.
  • Haha my girlfriend loves The Walking Dead, it has some interesting parts but seems like it will be straying into WTF territory. HOODED SAMURAI ZOMBIE WRANGLER
    She's from the comics and is one of the most badass characters.
    After watching that episode, I immediately started reading the comics.

1. All of the characters are infinitely smarter, more logical, and less melodramatic than the characters in the TV show.

2. The comic is fucking dark.
  • I started reading them last night to see if all this works better within the comic.
  • Haha my girlfriend loves The Walking Dead, it has some interesting parts but seems like it will be straying into WTF territory. HOODED SAMURAI ZOMBIE WRANGLER

1. All of the characters are infinitely smarter, more logical, and less melodramatic than the characters in the TV show.

The translation of comic to TV for the Walking Dead was already going to be lacking considering the fact that if they were to follow the comic to a "t" on any non-premium channel, it would be canceled so fast. The comic is brutally violent, dark, and depressing. There is also a lot of children dying horrible deaths, and people seem to try to avoid having children die as much as possible, and especially don't want to actually show it happening.

The translation of comic to TV for the Walking Dead was already going to be lacking considering the fact that if they were to follow the comic to a "t" on any non-premium channel, it would be canceled so fast. The comic is brutally violent, dark, and depressing. There is also a lot of children dying horrible deaths, and people seem to try to avoid having children die as much as possible, and especially don't want to actually show it happening.

When something dark or depressing does make an appearance they make sure it is over as fast as possible. Consider the end of the episode before the season finale, there is almost no time from the start of the scene to the end to even reflect on what is occurring.
  • edited March 2012
    When something dark or depressing does make an appearance they make sure it is over as fast as possible. Consider the end of the episode before the season finale, there is almost no time from the start of the scene to the end to even reflect on what is occurring.
    Yeah, it's usually not remarkably quick in the comic, especially considering that the really fucked up shit usually gets a splash page at the end of a volume or section.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2012
    After 3 months of spacing it out, I have finally finished the UK version of The Office. Everything ended up where I wanted it to, all the characters had arcs that I found plausible and fitting considering what their archetypes and personalities were, and the laughs were in in the right places 80 percent of the time. This is gonna rank highly in my list of shows I've finished for quite some time, I reckon.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Finally catching up with the ponies, Game of Thrones, and Avatar. I'm really enjoying them all, but if I'm completely honest I won't be able to fully appreciate many of these shows until the summer break.

Relevant to the PAX episode: The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage.
    A show about a pirate trying to make up for his past before ghouls can drag him to hell teams up with a crooked investor on the run from extradition and prosecution in the states. If I'm remembering this correctly the show got canned before either of them made any significant progress towards clearing his name. I think Jack had something like 53 more lives to save.
  • I watched all of Adventure Time and I'm glad I did.
  • Relevant to the PAX episode: The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage.
    A show about a pirate trying to make up for his past before ghouls can drag him to hell teams up with a crooked investor on the run from extradition and prosecution in the states. If I'm remembering this correctly the show got canned before either of them made any significant progress towards clearing his name. I think Jack had something like 53 more lives to save.
    That sounds almost identical to 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, right down to getting canceled before the 100 mark.
  • That last episode of Game of Thrones was messed up. No one should give birth to something like that.
    Also, Community is as awesome as ever! :D
  • Spoiler tags. If I didn't watch the episode already and read that I would be pissed.
  • Sorry, It won't happen again :(
  • Metalocalypse started up again and you jerks didn't tell me!?
  • Young Justice is really good.
  • I'm still watching Mad Man, on a break from Deep Space Nine, on netflixs. I highly recommend if you like the 60's and Old fashions.
    I recently downloaded the first season and been watching that. It's enjoyable.

Yup.
  • I am watching Transformers G1 on Netflix instant streaming. It is pretty great :D
    Yup.
    Ditto.

I would also recommend "The Avengers : Earth's Mightiest Heroes"

• I would also recommend "The Avengers : Earth's Mightiest Heroes"
    Watched some of the first episodes of that a while ago. Might move to watching it next.

• I really hate the theme song to that show. It's like they took generic rock band number 7 and let them sing a song about the Avengers.
  • I really hate the theme song to that show. It's like they took generic rock band number 7 and let them sing a song about the Avengers.
    I think it's a thing it shares with Young Justice, other than being about super hero team. Both have kinda shitty openers, different kind of shitty in both cases, but still bad.

• I would also recommend "The Avengers : Earth's Mightiest Heroes"
    Watched some of the first episodes of that a while ago. Might move to watching it next.
    The first few episodes are a poor representative of the show as a whole. I tried watching it from the first episode and hated it. Later I went back and started at episode 6 because my little brother left it playing on my netflix. I finished the whole first season in a sitting, and thats not the sort of thing I do often.
    I really hate the theme song to that show. It's like they took generic rock band number 7 and let them sing a song about the Avengers.
    I really like the theme song. It captures the teamwork/togetherness theme that the show is going for quite nicely.

• Is there a place I can legally watch Archer Season 3 online?
  • Is there a place I can legally watch Archer Season 3 online?
    I don't know about legal ways, but torrents worked well with me. Also the third season was awesome.