This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Young Justice season 2 is... odd. I wasn't expecting such a big time-skip. And the pacing is chaotic as hell with all these characters. I am enjoying it, and I'm excited to see another episode (last one I caught ended with Speedy)... but I'm worried it won't come together completely.
  • Young Justice season 2 is... odd. I wasn't expecting such a big time-skip. And the pacing is chaotic as hell with all these characters. I am enjoying it, and I'm excited to see another episode (last one I caught ended with Speedy)... but I'm worried it won't come together completely.
    I'm a bit worried about the pacing myself, with this season being only 13 episodes from what I've heard. But I am enjoying the sheer amount of characters on the show; although my fear is that with all this universe building going on, there's no possible way to bring everyone's character arcs to a satisfying end.

While the time skip is awesome, and brings about some cool and welcome changes to the world (Nightwing and Tim Drake Robin FTW) but playing catch up and having the Alien Invasion, AND having the Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal thing, and the now Impulse thing seems like a lot of threads that need to be dealt with.
  • edited June 2012
    Now that Eureka is ending and Dr. Who is on hiatus for I don't even know how long, and Game of Thrones has just had a season finale, that just leaves Breaking Bad starting up in a month, and maybe Veep for however many episodes are left this season.

I spend most of my time working my day job, parenting, and jewelry making. I'm not sure if I wish I had more time for TV, or not. ;)
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Dr. Who is on hiatus for I don't even know how long
    September.
  • I liked each episode of Breaking Bad less than the previous one, and eventually petered out entirely right around the middle of season two.

Korra and Lupin are all I'm watching right now.
  • Season 2 was a little weak. You can't beat Season 1. It did get better, though.

Part of the problem with the series is that everybody in it does EVERYTHING wrong EVERY time.
  • I had trouble getting into Breaking Bad, but once I did, oh mans.
  • I liked each episode of Breaking Bad less than the previous one, and eventually petered out entirely right around the middle of season two.

Yea, Season 2 petered out on me too, I am going to get back to that show because I'm sure it finds it's legs again. It's interesting to watch shows suffer in their second season.
  • edited June 2012
    I had trouble getting into Breaking Bad, but once I did, oh mans.
    Season 4 is my fave season. Partly because they discuss in detail the differences between Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies, Resident Evil 4, and Left 4 Dead.

Also, does anyone know when this is coming back?

EDIT: added in a missing word to improve syntax of my sentence. Not sure if it helps.

Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • July 15th.
  • I just reeeaaalllyyy love Gus.
  • Man the second season of How I met your mother ended really strong with the Barney on Price is right to the last eps of the season it was pretty great.
  • Man the second season of How I met your mother ended really strong with the Barney on Price is right to the last eps of the season it was pretty great.
    I'm a few episodes after that. The Price Is Right episode was great.

The wedding and post wedding arc has a lot of similarities with Friends during their wedding arc of Monica & Chandler.
  • edited June 2012
    I liked each episode of Breaking Bad less than the previous one, and eventually petered out entirely right around the middle of season two.

Yea, Season 2 petered out on me too, I am going to get back to that show because I'm sure it finds it's legs again. It's interesting to watch shows suffer in their second season.
    I think every season of Breaking Bad has it's best episode before the finale. And each season gets better too. Season 2 has a high point at the beginning, but I think it picks fully back up again around Episode 7. (Episode 6 though is hard to watch...those junkies freaked me the fuck out)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Finally got around to watching Community, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Generation Kill and Archer. All amazing.

I watched the first episode of Friday Night Lights, and I see what all the fuss is about, and I'd like to go back to it, but I just don't feel compelled to for some reason.

I also saw the first ep of Parks and Recreation and it didn't rock my world. Does it get stronger as it goes along?
  • I also saw the first ep of Parks and Recreation and it didn't rock my world. Does it get stronger as it goes along?
    In all honesty, you can skip the first season of Parks and Recreation. The first season, they tried to ape the American Office, and it didn't really work. But the 2nd Season is awesome because I think the characters become much more developed and the chemistry is so much better.

I would in fact rate Seasons 3 and 4 up there with Community. In that season, they add Adam Scott and Rob Lowe to the cast who are hysterical and add great dynamic to the show.
  • C'mon, HBO, release the next True Blood episode alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy.
  • C'mon, HBO, release the next True Blood episode alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    Fo' sho'.
  • Believe it or not, Flying Wild Alaska, but I'm a sucker for anything with airplanes in it. I even watched that horrible old NBC sitcom Wings (in addition to the awesome Discovery Channel show also called Wings) just because it had planes in it -- although it also took place close to where I lived/grew up.
  • Almost done with Dollhouse. Holy shit. Easily the most Joss Whedon-y thing Joss Whedon has ever done. I really highly recommend it, I don't know why people never seem to talk about this show.
  • Almost done with Dollhouse. Holy shit. Easily the most Joss Whedon-y thing Joss Whedon has ever done. I really highly recommend it, I don't know why people never seem to talk about this show.
    Didn't play first eps, played out of order sound familiar?
  • Kingdom was fantastic, and it's a damn shame it got canceled.
    Didn't play first eps, played out of order sound familiar?
    But it's on Netflix now, so.
  • well it got a bad rep because of that plus the few first eps are a bit weak.
  • edited June 2012
    This morning's episode of Fresh Prince on TBS:
    JUMP ON IT JUMP ON IT
    Post edited by Jason on
  • This morning's episode of Fresh Prince on TBS:
    JUMP ON IT JUMP ON IT
    My fianceé and I are coming in to that song for our wedding. Dance included.

Also, Mad Men. I feel like I can only judge it on a per season basis rather episode by episode, especially this season, as it moves really slow. This season focused a lot on characters I really don't give a crap about (Megan) and introduced some cool new characters (Ginsberg) and then quickly shoved them aside. The whole season was surrounded by me asking "when are they going to get back to so and so, they seem to be setting something up," and then the season ended; which is a shame because the they start developing interesting threads for some characters like Peggy, Roger, and Kenneth that have the potential of leading to something awesome. Instead the focus is on somethung lame like let's say, Megan's failed acting career.

• edited June 2012
    The first episode of Gravity Falls was great, I kind of wonder if it should get its own thread. Co-produced by Rob Renzetti (MLAATR, MLP:FiM), includes the Daily Show's Kristen Schaal as a VA. Beautiful animation, really clever reveal, ongoing plot, secret language and illuminati symbols all over the place for nerds to decode... why is this on Disney. The episode is up for free on iTunes. Random stolen gifs follow, I don't really want to talk about the plot and ruin the jokes.

Post edited by Nissl on
  • Aside from literally the most uncomfortable sex scenes ever put to film, I'm enjoying Girls after the first few episodes.
  • Aside from literally the most uncomfortable sex scenes ever put to film, I'm enjoying Girls after the first few episodes.
    I fast forward everytime that happens

• I should also mention that whoever is the music supervisor for this show seriously knows what's up.