This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I realize I'm late to the game, but I just started watching Community.
    It's ok. I've only watched episode 1 and have no desire to watch the rest of it for the time being. ^_~
    You really can't judge the entire show off the first episode, as that is not really what the show is like at all.

To be quite honest, this is kind of like a pony situation. I wouldn't show people the first episode first, I would show them the first paintball episode and then go back to the beginning.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Yea, definitely Community is decent in the first eps, but gets WAY better soon after.
  • I'm not saying that at all. I'm sure once I start watching more of it, I will more than likely enjoy it based on what most have said about it.

My current desire for entertainment is just not with that show.
  • Marathoned a bunch of The Aquabats! Super Show! with Sail last night. It has literally everything I want in a TV show.
  • Marathoned a bunch of The Aquabats! Super Show! with Sail last night. It has literally everything I want in a TV show.
    You guys should do that again when I'm not at work.
    You guys should do that again when I'm not at work.
    I'm down.

• If you want bizarre you should attempt to find Tele-Spileah (pronounceable spelling not actual spelling). It has two seasons where women play video game while answering trivia questions and taking drinks of alcohol while yelling the title of the show at random intervals while the "host" is floating on the screen distracting you from what is going on.

Its a public access show on youtube, listed under the "how the fuck did I get here" section.
  • That's my favorite section of just about everything.
  • Stop after season 2 to preserve your opinion of the show.
    Damn, they did that. I saw it coming too.
  • OH SHITS, BREAKING BAD IS BACK NEXT WEEK YOU GUYS!
    (I'm really excited.)
  • I just started watching Falling Skies, and it's not terrible. The characters usually do the smart thing, and they know the difference between a "clip" and a "mag."
  • I couldn't hang with Falling Skies at all. I REALLY tried, too.

Excited for Breaking Bad!
  • I just started watching Falling Skies, and it's not terrible. The characters usually do the smart thing, and they know the difference between a "clip" and a "mag."
    I have been watching it and I like it. It is one of the few shows where I will watch something and think that the characters are doing something I would do rather than just the dumb thing to cause more action.
  • yea I have to start watching Falling Skies, seems up my alley.
  • edited July 2012
    I've been watching Workaholics haha. And Tosh.0
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I sort of lost interest in Breaking Bad right around when the whole "kidnapped in the desert" thing happened.

I lost interest in Game of Thrones the more I realized that the story (in terms of the books) isn't actually going anywhere.

No TV for me until Venture Brothers, Archer, and/or My Little Pony return.
  • Comparing My Little Pony to Breaking Bad....

...I mean, I know where I am, but dude.
  • edited July 2012
    I lost interest in Game of Thrones the more I realized that the story (in terms of the books) isn't actually going anywhere.
    I finished the fifth book a few months ago, It does seem like it's dragging for no reason. The amount of characters vs. how relevant they are is getting ludicrous.
    Post edited by Punt Rocket on
  • Comparing My Little Pony to Breaking Bad....

...I mean, I know where I am, but dude.
    Although I'll grant you that it started dragging in season 2.5 into 3.
  • I'm going through the entire Sharpe series. Horatio Hornblower ain't got shit on Richard Sharpe and the 95th.
    I have spent 5 seconds Googling, and I think I need to move this way up the queue.
    One day, Richard Sharpe got angry.

The French haven't won a war since.

• I lost interest in Game of Thrones the more I realized that the story (in terms of the books) isn't actually going anywhere.
    The only book that didn't go anywhere was the 5th book and even that had lots of stuff going on just not with the main plot. Keep watching.
  • Eh, I've read some spoilers. I think the books are going to pull a Lost and go on forever with no real point or satisfactory resolution. I could be wrong, but this is what I expect. I have no patience for rambling stories with a pretense of direction, and I worry that GoT is headed in that direction.
  • Eh, I've read some spoilers. I think the books are going to pull a Lost and go on forever with no real point or satisfactory resolution. I could be wrong, but this is what I expect. I have no patience for rambling stories with a pretense of direction, and I worry that GoT is headed in that direction.
    I think it's more likely that he dies before he finishes the last book.. Since supposedly there are two books left. I sorta see where the story is going. Though I suspect there will be some huge amount of backstabbing occurring that will change what I think will happen.
  • Like there hasn't already been a decent amount of backstabbing? :P
    I LOVE Wheel of Time BECAUSE it's rambling and has tons of filler, backstory, and "universe" in it.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2012
    I almost said, above, "I think the books are going to pull a Wheel of Time on me." I have no patience for those either. ;^)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I just don't care about most of the characters in GoT season 2. I just want to see:

1. Aria
    2. Tyrion

I specifically don't care about the fat guy following Lord Snow around, the barbarian stuff, most of the contenders for the throne, or really any character introduced in season 2.
  • I have to agree that Arya and Tyrion are the best characters. The question is, who gets third place?
  • I would say Dany. What happens to her at the end of 5 is something.
  • I have to agree that Arya and Tyrion are the best characters. The question is, who gets third place?
    Sean Bean.