This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Downton Abbey is my most recent jam. I'm at the Holiday special for season 2.

The season 2 finale with what happened to Mr. Bates gave me a similar reaction for my body physically rejecting/getting angry akin to my reaction at the end of Game of Thrones, Season 1 Episode 9 "Baelor".
  • Finished Big Love, it was a fun show if you like Drama and people fighting uphill losing battles who just keep escalating.

Currently watching Avengers Season 2 (this time with Kree/Skrull war) which has been about as good as season 2 which is to say it's not as good as Wolverine and the X-men but it's pretty darn good for Marvel cartoons.
  • So, I watched the first season of Girls. This show is about enjoying terrible people getting their commuppance, right?
  • Partially, yeah! That's one thing that my friend who tried watching it the other day completely missed, he thought the show was pandering to a demographic when really it's not condoning the actions of these characters at all, it's trying to make you cringe and laugh.

Though, I still find the characters have their moments of likability, it's just they also make decisions that are really petty. Hannah is the worst in regards to that. One of the reasons I liked the first episode of this new season so much is that it really showcases how horribly shallow she is. But it's also really funny to watch. And Donald Glover's in it.

But yeah, glad you enjoyed it. Or at least, I'm assuming you enjoyed it since you watched the whole first season, even though it's kind of on the short side.
  • It was pretty enjoyable, though some of the characters struck a little close to home (Hannah's boyfriend guy has the exact voice and mannerisms (and sort of looks like) a guy I know from Coney Island). I'll check out the new episode and see if I like it.
  • Downton Abbey is my most recent jam. I'm at the Holiday special for season 2.

The season 2 finale with what happened to Mr. Bates gave me a similar reaction for my body physically rejecting/getting angry akin to my reaction at the end of Game of Thrones, Season 1 Episode 9 "Baelor".
    That poor man, he seriously is getting shafted. Also, the soap opera moment with Matthew kind of grated on me. I am seriously excited for Season 3 though. I'm not sure if I want to keep up with it as it comes out or try to sit still and wait for the whole thing to be out before watching it.

• edited January 2013
    I am now caught up with Downton Abbey. The end of series 3 with the Highlands special was very good with the beautiful scenic shots.

Then after it having such a wonderful happy moment, there it goes again and shitting on my feels. I was screaming "NOOO!! DON'T DO THIS TO THEM!" as I just saw the driving scene, just knowing what was going to happen. I wanted to choke something. I love this show, but it does stuff like that that just breaks my heart and makes me want to hurt something.

I don't know if I can go on watching this series. I don't think my heart can take it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have been watching the Community. Why have I not watched this sooner?
  • I am now caught up with Downton Abbey. The end of series 3 with the Highlands special was very good with the beautiful scenic shots.

Then after it having such a wonderful happy moment, there it goes again and shitting on my feels. I was screaming "NOOO!! DON'T DO THIS TO THEM!" as I just saw the driving scene, just knowing what was going to happen. I wanted to choke something. I love this show, but it does stuff like that that just breaks my heart and makes me want to hurt something.

I don't know if I can go on watching this series. I don't think my heart can take it.
    They had to kill off Matthew because the guy who played him wanted to go on and do other stuff. That said I had to sit in a dark room for a while before I could return to normality after the strains this show puts on me.
  • They had to kill off Matthew because the guy who played him wanted to go on and do other stuff. That said I had to sit in a dark room for a while before I could return to normality after the strains this show puts on me.
    You know, I was dating a girl in England, who refused to see me for a few days after Ianto died - Because I knew ahead of time, as I'd heard elsewhere that his Torchwood contract was done, and he was up for grabs, Therefore, I killed Ianto.
  • I have been watching the Community. Why have I not watched this sooner?
    Because ... we really didn't wanted to become too mainstream.
    Welcome to our pillow fortress club guy! :D
  • My girlfriend and I are burning through Adventure Time, already watched through Seasons 1 and 2. I think the show continued to get better over time, because they really decided to plan things out and add some real continuity. Season 1 to 2 mostly had the connections with the Tree Trunks episodes.
  • Emily and I burned through Adventure time and are now watching episode by episode as they come out.

I agree, and I I've decided that Adventure time is one of my favourite current shows.

1. Ponies
    2. Adventure Time
    3. Archer
    4. Venture Brothers
    5. Gravity Falls

Granted, once I start watching Space Brothers in earnest, nevermind the new GitS, this list might change.
  • edited January 2013
    Is Venture Brothers still even going on? I thought it got cancelled or just ended.

EDIT: Huh, I guess they're working on more but haven't had any new ones for like 2 years.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Is Venture Brothers still even going on? I thought it got cancelled or just ended.

EDIT: Huh, I guess they're working on more but haven't had any new ones for like 2 years.
    Yeah, they (Doc Hammer and Publick) were on the border because they were cancelled midway through Season 4. Then they finished it, going buck-wild, and Adult Swim decided "Sure, one more season."

I guess they are really taking their time, because Season 4 got split in half for that reason.
  • I've been burning time by watching a lot of the more recent DCAU stuff. Young Justice, Superman and Batman short films, etc. It's actually pretty excellent stuff!
  • I like how Young Justice shows an amazing character development on each of their main characters. Also, the twists guys! the twists!
  • I've been burning time by watching a lot of the more recent DCAU stuff. Young Justice, Superman and Batman short films, etc. It's actually pretty excellent stuff!
    To be exact current stuff like Young Justice is not part of DCAU. All of DCAU stuff happened in same universe and was all part of same canon and Young Justice doesn't follow that.

Also, speaking of current DC series, more people should watch Green Lantern.

To be exact current stuff like Young Justice is not part of DCAU. All of DCAU stuff happened in same universe and was all part of same canon and Young Justice doesn't follow that.

Also, speaking of current DC series, more people should watch Green Lantern.

I will marathon that shit once it gets to Netflix :P

• Lost Girl is what happens when Buffy and Sookie have lesbian sex in Canada.
  • Finished the first season of American Horror Story, one of the few shows to give me the willies. I'm not sure what to think about the second season being the same actors but in a different story.
  • edited January 2013
    I love Portlandia so much.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • So when does Freaks and Geeks start getting good?
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2013
    So when does Freaks and Geeks start getting good?
    What episode are you up to at present?
    Post edited by Geo on
    I know that feel, man.
  • edited January 2013
    Ahh, the whole show is good, but there are definitely really strong eps, Personally I find the romantic arc with the younger brother to be written perfectly as it progresses, and the Disco's and Dragons is a really great one along with the one about the Bassoon player (teared up on). Otherwise the show was good the whole way through. Doesn't suffer from the issues Undeclared had which was completely out of order and incoherent due to the network. In the end it's a comedic drama, so if you don't like 80's high school drama you are not going to enjoy it.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
    What episode are you up to at present?
    I've watched the first two.
  • Keep going everything started in the first eps is dealt with even when they are cancelled.
  • edited January 2013
    I like how Young Justice shows an amazing character development on each of their main characters.
    I was skeptical about Young Justice at first since I really liked Teen Titans, but for the above mentioned reason I've love that show and wished there was someone at my work to talk to about it.

Also I I saw the new archer, and probably liked the Bob's Burgers reference more amusing than I should have.
    Post edited by spikespiguel1 on
  • I have not paid much attention to Young Justice, do they screw around with the characters ages versus the comics like Teen Titans did and/or use younger versions of the characters, also something Teen Titans did?