This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I worry about my future being like that if I choose to make games as a job when I'm older. Perhaps IT will be a better choice in university :P?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I worry about my future being like that if I choose to make games as a job when I'm older. Perhaps IT will be a better choice in university :P?
    Yes.
  • I worry about my future being like that if I choose to make games as a job when I'm older. Perhaps IT will be a better choice in university :P?
    Yes.
    IS is good too if you wanna be more business-y.
    Only if you care about money. I don't think anyone goes into making games, or any sort of artistry, expecting to have a secure payflow. If you're passionate about something, then you should do it, but being passionate about something also means choosing to do what you love above everything else. If you're not willing to make that leap, then forget it.
  • edited December 2010
    Also, this HIB is even better than the first one. Braid and Machinarium, holy shit. And you even get the Machinarium soundtrack along with it, which is easily my pick for the best video game soundtrack ever.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think this is going to be my 3rd copy of Braid and my second copy of Osmos, so I'll pay and pump the charity slider a bit more.
  • I always pump up the charity slider all the way because I love EFF and Child's Play.
  • Yeah, I sent half and half to Child's Play and EFF since I have most of these games already.
  • I'm not seeing the new humble indie bundle. Link?
  • The Humble Bundle

This one's properly linked.
  • See, I was looking for it on Steam *points to thread title*.
  • I like how the average Linux user spends almost three times as much as the average Windows user. :P
  • I like how the average Linux user spends almost three times as much as the average Windows user. :P
    Guess their gaming budgets aren't strained as much.
  • Guess their gaming budgets aren't strained as much.
    Why the green text? It's true. They're pretty happy that there are actually some games for their OS. Also, Linux users tend to be a tad more zealous about their operating system.
  • The truth is that the Linux users just have extra money to burn. They didn't spend $100+ on an operating system, and they didn't buy ludicrously priced hardware. They could afford to give multiple hundreds and they would still be saving more than the Mac/Windows people. So by that calculation, they're cheap bastards.
  • Linux users tend to be a tad more zealous about their operating system.
  • edited December 2010
    Just Cause 2 going for £5. Oddly, Killing Floor is getting the main page block at the moment.

Edit: So is Metro 2033.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited December 2010
    Just Cause 2 going for £5.
    A Steal at thrice the price. Who doesn't love being an asshole on an island?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I would so love to get Just Cause 2 now, because I recently thought about getting it. Sadly I'm sure that my computer would not let me enjoy being island-asshole so I was going to get it on a 360.
  • Who doesn't love being an asshole on an island?
    So it's red faction on a island?
  • So it's red faction on a island?
    It's quite similar to Mars Asshole(Renamed, as calling it Space Asshole, when I thought about it, is a stretch - None of the game takes place in space, only on Mars) but the capacity to be an asshole on a personal scale is much larger.
  • Lovers of virtual toys may want to attach this RSS feed to their netvibes / google reader whatever for the latest deals...

http://feeds.deals4downloads.com/d4d-latest-deals
  • Worms Reloaded. £10 is still too much for Worms Armagedon 2009.
  • Steam Holiday sale is up.

The only successful vaccine to Steam sales is to own everything.
  • edited December 2010
    "Specials: Viewing 1 to 10 out of 100"..

Once more into the breach, dear friends.

Super Meat Boy for £2.50.
    All of FEAR 2 for ~£6.
    Prince of Persia: Forgoten Sands for £7.
  • You know that train simulation game that seems to have a new DLC on Steam every week? Does anyone play it?
  • edited December 2010
    Ah! I knew I wasn't the only one interested.

If they could just make them fly to other planets..
  • I'm really looking at SNIPER, Top Gun, and Judge Dredd.
  • You know that train simulation game that seems to have a new DLC on Steam every week? Does anyone play it?
    This seriesis much better.