This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Valve complete pack for $25. Holyshitholyshit.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey Sonic, you play UT, is it worth £8 for all the Unreal games? I really liked Unreal 2 back when.

The games I am willing to buy for less than a pound amaze me.

Also: All Prince of Persia games are cheap. I think Sands of Time is the one Yatzee goes crazy for.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You know that train simulation game that seems to have a new DLC on Steam every week? Does anyone play it?
    This seriesis much better.
    I know all about Densha De Go!
  • Everyone must get Super Meat Boy for that price.
  • IT'S HERE!!! (Munch's Oddysee.)
  • Everyone must get Super Meat Boy for that price.
    Yeah. I'm just barely above min specs and I'm grabbing it.
  • Super Meat Boy has minimum specs?
  • I'm playing Super Meat Boy on my HTPC. That's 1080p resolution, with a pretty crap video card, but it plays as smooth as the 360 version with the same controller.
  • Looks like Steam's getting hammered pretty hard. Going to leave things a while.
  • but it plays as smooth as the 360 version with the same controller.
    Indeed. This game was made for that controller.
  • edited December 2010
    Looks like Steam's getting hammered pretty hard. Going to leave things a while.
    Yeah, searches are returning zero results. They're getting pounded.

EDIT: By the way, Humble Indie Bundle 2 now includes Steam keys.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Super Meat Boy has minimum specs?
    It does when your laptop is Celeron based.
  • edited December 2010
    My precious, precious moneys! ALL GONE!

Today's buy is Super Meat Boy. Maybe Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Oh my god, 80% of the games on my wishlist are on sale but I'm too worried that there'll be an awesome daily on one of 'em to buy it.

Also P.B. Winterbottom is on sale for FIFTY CENTS. WHO PRICES GAMES LIKE THIS.
  • Now this actually looks like a Steam Sale. Much friendlier home page.
  • WHO PRICES GAMES LIKE THIS.
    People who don't have to worry about physical distribution?
  • My god, how does steam keep making it so I want to buy games, I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH... well glad I waited for super meat boy.
  • It looks pretty but I prefered the list view.
  • Anyone have Bad Company 2? Is it worth it?
  • WHO PRICES GAMES LIKE THIS.
    Because they know that people like me will buy their game for $1 or less even if it probably sucks.
  • Anyone have Bad Company 2? Is it worth it?
    Yes.
  • If you're into console FPSs, you'll manage but it's very different than games like Half Life 2.
  • edited December 2010
    WHO PRICES GAMES LIKE THIS.
    Because they know that people like me will buy their game for $1 or less even if it probably sucks.
    Which PB Winterbottom does not.

Imagine if a man offered you four $8 Krugerrand coins in exchange for two quarters. That is what is happening here.
    If you're into console FPSs, you'll manage but it's very different than games like Half Life 2.
    Fuck it. I'll just grab the two Oddworld game I don't have and SMB today. I would also get FO3, but I bought it at launch for 360 and am waiting for a daily on New Vegas for PC.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Also: All Prince of Persia games are cheap. I think Sands of Time is the one Yatzee goes crazy for.
    The Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands Digital Deluxe edition includes The Sands of Time and some bonus content.
  • Prince of Persia is the only thing I'm investigating.
  • Prince of Persia is the only thing I'm investigating.
    No Oddworld?

I'm kind of tempted by Forgotten Sands, but I have a SoT Gamecube disk somewhere. Damn good game. Fantastic, even.
  • I suppose it goes without saying, but here's a protip: Don't buy anything that isn't on a daily deal until January 2, when the sale ends. I've made that mistake before.
  • Who, other than Omnu, can recommend the other two Oddworld games?
  • No Oddworld?
    Not a fan.
  • Hmmmm. Which Princes of Persia should I purchase?