This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• All this talk of games like this is making me really miss Escape Velocity. I wounder if I could cobble together a Mac emulator and get the first one working...
  • edited October 2012
    I remember Shogo being terrible. Maybe it was just too old by the time I played it, which was like 2001. It was a cool idea, just didn't seem that good. Fallout, MDK2, and Giant: Citizen Kabuto are the only ones I would consider getting. Giant: Citizen Kabuto is an amazing game that no one seemed to ever play.
    I thought I was the only one!

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I now have 4 different windows with indie bundles open (okay, one is of books, but still) and all I want to do is finally try out X3.

Oh, and Giants is the only reason to consider the GOG bundle, IMO. I got Fallout a long time ago for free, MDK2 is too pricey, and I played Freespace to death.
  • From Oct. 30 - Nov. 10 if you use code PEAH8R you can get Plants Vs. Zombies as a free download because of some dentist thing. http://www.stopzombiemouth.com/
  • That's pretty neat. I've always wanted to try that game but never wanted to buy it.
  • That's pretty neat. I've always wanted to try that game but never wanted to buy it.
    On a long enough timeline, the price of every game drops to zero.
  • Steam Halloween sale
  • any of the games in the sale worthwhile?
  • I want Steam price protection for when games go on sale right after i buy them.
  • edited October 2012
    any of the games in the sale worthwhile?
    Depends, are there any horror themed games that you want to play?

I ended up getting Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines because that game looks hilarious and I got I Am Alive because I was considering getting that on Xbox when it came out but I've been hesitant to buy anything on Xbox lately considering it all seems to come to Steam eventually. The last one I got was Spelunky, which will come to PC eventually but it's a nice coop game to waste a few minutes with people on before we go out.

I would HIGHLY reccomend The Walking Dead game. It's basically an interactive TV show but for the price of a DVD to get all 5 episodes it is worth it. But you would probably need to be into the premise. Very few things have caused me to exclaim "What the fuck?!" in my house talking to myself. This is one of those experiences. Ryan Davis had this experience as well.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Home is... OK.

They Bleed Pixels is supposed to be a ton of fun.

I think Dave thought Deadlight was really good.
  • I think Dave thought Deadlight was really not good.
    FTFY
  • edited October 2012
    Space weeeeeeed!

BUT, you don't have to undertake them right away, you can get to them when you like, there are plenty of random generated non-story missions for cash, too, plus you can get some sweet stuff without playing through the story.

Terrian Conflict Is really fun and has a different feel to it along with Albion Prelude. Got my first Odin just for transporting illegal cargo :)

Post edited by Alan on
  • edited November 2012
    CS:GO Is on sale for $10 instead of $15. That whole $5 you save can buy a $5 game. It's also free all weekend, which is why I'm playing NS2.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited November 2012
    Bioshock is currently free.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Bioshock is currently free.
    And people wonder why I don't buy games when they come out. I have yet to seriously play Bioshock despite owning it: I would have lost nothing by waiting.
  • edited November 2012
    I should totally spoil the hell out of it just to stop you from being a self-righteous prick. I won't though, because you're right.

Aeris dies. Cloud is a Cylon.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • I should totally spoil the hell out of it just to stop you from being a self-righteous prick.
    I think you're missing the point here. Rym's situation is a sign of a larger problem in the entertainment industry: the supply of quality content is greatly outweighing the possible demand (only so many hours in a day to consume media). If you spoiled Bioshock, he would go play one of the other 50+ fantastic games of the past 10 years that he probably has waiting in a queue somewhere.

• I should totally spoil the hell out of it just to stop you from being a self-righteous prick.
    I think you're missing the point here. Rym's situation is a sign of a larger problem in the entertainment industry: the supply of quality content is greatly outweighing the possible demand (only so many hours in a day to consume media). If you spoiled Bioshock, he would go play one of the other 50+ fantastic games of the past 10 years that he probably has waiting in a queue somewhere.

I think you're missing the larger context here: I am giving Rym a hard time in a jovial and friendly manner.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2012
    I should totally spoil the hell out of it just to stop you from being a self-righteous prick. I won't though, because you're right.
    Let me guess.

1. Ryan is my father.
    2. The Ayn Randian paradise didn't work out so well.
    3. There is a square boss after Ryan.
    4. There are two different endings.

I played enough to figure all of that out, but didn't particularly care enough to play further. ;^) Hell, I'd probably today rather play Deus Ex: Human Revolution again on hard than start Bioshock again.

But, it's moot. I have FTL, DotA2, NS2, Mark of the Ninja, and CS:GO, nevermind that I could buy X-Com, and nevermind the 80 or so other games I own that I haven't even installed... -_-

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited November 2012
    I should totally spoil the hell out of it just to stop you from being a self-righteous prick.
    I think you're missing the point here. Rym's situation is a sign of a larger problem in the entertainment industry: the supply of quality content is greatly outweighing the possible demand (only so many hours in a day to consume media). If you spoiled Bioshock, he would go play Counterstrike.
    The game kinda sucks anyway. It took me until I had nothing better to do to actually beat it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Translation: Bioshock has been turned into an advertisement for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock: Infinite.
  • edited November 2012
    Let me guess.

1. Ryan is my father.
    2. The Ayn Randian paradise didn't work out so well.
    3. There is a square boss after Ryan.
    4. There are two different endings.

I played enough to figure all of that out, but didn't particularly care enough to play further. ;^) Hell, I'd probably today rather play Deus Ex: Human Revolution again on hard than start Bioshock again.

But, it's moot. I have FTL, DotA2, NS2, Mark of the Ninja, and CS:GO, nevermind that I could buy X-Com, and nevermind the 80 or so other games I own that I haven't even installed... -_-

There's actually a bigger twist in there that you are missing. I'd say you should just google it and watch a video, but you probably won't get the same feeling as you would playing through the game.

Luke is Leia's brother because Padme died in birth causing Vader to scream Nooo
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Ryan reveals his penis, and it resembles a twisty straw
  • OH MY GOD HES BEEN TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO THE WHOLE TIME!
  • OH MY GOD HES BEEN TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO THE WHOLE TIME!
    Rym? Yeah. Pretty much.

• What exactly is square boss supposed to mean?
  • Translation: Bioshock has been turned into an advertisement for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock: Infinite.
    Eeeyup.
    "lol, now you're fighting a squiggy boss we haven't foreshadowed and has multiple forms and aspirations of god-hood"?

"Yay, we killed the big bad of the game"
    "Buhahahaa. I'm creature of pure evil and it was actually I who manipulated the big bad the whole time. I was not foreshadowed in anyway so you could be truly surprised and impressed by my evilness! Now onto truly final boss fight (with at least two forms)"

At least I think that's what square boss means.