This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Thanks for the free game my little gefilte fish dumpling.

-XOXO
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah I suppose I could have given away Guerrilla since I already own it for Xbox, but I'd rather get rid of the xbox version and keep the PC version haha. Also I would play NS2 if it was free, but right now I have no incentive to buy it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited November 2012
    gefilte
    You know, I've never seen that word spelled before. I always thought it was "Kafilte".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • gefilte
    You know, I've never seen that word spelled before. I always thought it was "Kafilte".
    You are not alone apparently. A Google search for kafilte will autocorrect to gefilte.
  • damn I don't have NS2 either :-p
  • RymRym
    edited November 2012
    damn I don't have NS2 either :-p
    If Scott gifts it to Adam, I'll gift it to ScoJo.

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited November 2012
    I got into NS1 thinking I'd somehow get into the beta or whatever of NS2 but never managed to get into said beta. Now I am poor because of Christmas gift buying and cannot buy it. I would be happy to play a free copy. Otherwise I'll wait until a Steam sale or whatever and buy it when it is super cheap.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • I shall most likely pick it up for the week that I'm back for christmas so that I have something to do. Till then I have been playing the shit out of Towns. I cannot stress enough how much of a time sink that game can be. It is fun but fuck those dumb villages that starve themsleves to death intentionanlly.
  • I got into NS1 thinking I'd somehow get into the beta or whatever of NS2 but never managed to get into said beta. Now I am poor because of Christmas gift buying and cannot buy it. I would be happy to play a free copy. Otherwise I'll wait until a Steam sale or whatever and buy it when it is super cheap.
    All you had to do to get the beta of NS2 was pre-order it way back when.
  • I got into NS1 thinking I'd somehow get into the beta or whatever of NS2 but never managed to get into said beta. Now I am poor because of Christmas gift buying and cannot buy it. I would be happy to play a free copy. Otherwise I'll wait until a Steam sale or whatever and buy it when it is super cheap.
    Which I never managed to do because, as fun as NS1/Tremulous/other clones were, I am generally hesitant to pre-order games. Especially FPS's.
    Which I never managed to do because, as fun as NS1/Tremulous/other clones were, I am generally hesitant to pre-order games. Especially FPS's.
    The system we have setup punishes those who don't know what they want.
  • There is an interesting discussion to be had in the evolution of pre orders. Recently I've started pre ordering more stuff, even compared to a year ago. However these are pre orders that are via Kickstarter, almost 100% of the time. In 2011 the only game I can recall pre ordering in a classic sense was the latest Forza game (not Horizon).

Kickstarter'd though, I've pre ordered a lot of games. Several board games, FTL, a couple of other video games. The only time I have pre-ordered a FPS though I was disappointed by the final product.

I know what I want, I was just simply not confident that NS2 would give me what I want. I am more confident now, but I do not believe it is worth $25 to me. It is probably worth $10 to me.
  • I shall most likely pick it up for the week that I'm back for christmas so that I have something to do. Till then I have been playing the shit out of Towns. I cannot stress enough how much of a time sink that game can be. It is fun but fuck those dumb villages that starve themsleves to death intentionanlly.
    You know, I started playing Towns yesterday, have put in an embarassing amount of time playing while watching shows on Netflix, and now I feel like I got cheated out of that time. I kept convincing myself it was going to get better, but it just never did. Definitely doesn't have the depth or charm of Dwarf Fortress. The management is dull and it still feels pre-alpha. If I had paid the full $15, I would have felt really cheated (I got it in the Indie Royale, and really appreciated the uber-cool 3079).
  • You can buy Gnomoria.
    You know, I started playing Towns yesterday, have put in an embarassing amount of time playing while watching shows on Netflix, and now I feel like I got cheated out of that time. I kept convincing myself it was going to get better, but it just never did. Definitely doesn't have the depth or charm of Dwarf Fortress. The management is dull and it still feels pre-alpha. If I had paid the full $15, I would have felt really cheated (I got it in the Indie Royale, and really appreciated the uber-cool 3079).
    Its not worth full wak but its pretty good for what it is. Its something cool to have on in the back ground and there are some fun moments in it. But yeah get what your saying totally there is more that I would like to do. That said I think there is more coming with later patches. It wasmore of a sticking plaster for other games.
  • edited November 2012
    The Last Story for Wii is now shipping without the art book, at a lower retail price of $29.99. The old deluxe edition is reduced to $39.99 while supplies last.

Edit: Looks like 'tis the season to be buying now-outdated Wii games at steep discounts. Kirby Epic Yarn for $16 on Amazon.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I have an extra copy of Call of Duty World at War and 2 copies of Lead and Gold if anyone wants them?
  • I'm sorta interested in Last Story..
  • The Steam Autumn sale will start tomorrow (noon/1pm-ish) and go until the 27th. The Christmas sale will go from Dec 20 - Jan 4.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/steams-autumn-sale-starts-tomorrow-winter-sale-dated-too/
  • My body is not ready. Nor is my wallet.
  • My wallet is not ready. Thankfully, unless they have a sale on old dreamcast games or a racing game that I don't already have (unlikely), I can keep a handle on it.
  • My first Steam sale with my new computer that can actually run games. I'm doomed.
  • The only game that came out this year that I'm interested in getting at all is FTL. I don't mind paying the $10 for it now, but I'll see if it gets lowered during either sale before jumping on it.
  • All I'm wishing for this holiday season is for XCOM to be discounted.
    And the Civ 5 expansion.

That and NS2 Im borrowing my friends PC for a couple of weeks over christmas so going to get my game on then.

• If X-COM does go on sale, might buy.
  • If X-COM does go on sale, might buy.
    I will buy it if it goes on sale.