This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Humble Android Bundle 4. Probably worth it for Eufloria and Splice.
  • Humble Android Bundle 4. Probably worth it for Eufloria and Splice.
    The Android platform is terrible for gaming, don't get this.
  • What exactly is square boss supposed to mean?
    "Yay, we killed the big bad of the game"
    "Buhahahaa. I'm creature of pure evil and it was actually I who manipulated the big bad the whole time. I was not foreshadowed in anyway so you could be truly surprised and impressed by my evilness! Now onto truly final boss fight (with at least two forms)"

At least I think that's what square boss means.

Yes. But actually it can refer to any boss that follows the supposed final boss.

For example, In Mega Man 2 Wily in his ship is the final boss. There is a skull on the map that appears to be the final boss. When you fight it, if you have never played the game before, you are excited because you have every reason to believe that it is actually the final boss. Then there is of course a second skull and the alien Wily robot/hologram boss. That is the Square boss.

In Ocarina of Time you fight Ganondorf on top of the tower. You have every reason to believe that is the final boss. Then when you have to fight gigantic pig ganon outside on the ground, that is the square boss.

But yes, if the square boss is not foreshadowed and has multiple forms, then it is even more square-boss like.

• Bioshock is definitely worth playing, it does atmosphere very well.
  • Bioshock is mediocre and the game play itself is pretty blah. Totally worth the price of free though.
  • Bioshock is a very good deconstruction and a rather poor game. It has a lot of very non-linear elements despite being actually linear and both elements are thrown in stark relief and are, in my opinion, worse for it, even if it is designed to do that to highlight the story.
  • Translation: Bioshock has been turned into an advertisement for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock: Infinite.
    A game that everyone used to love but is now hating on because the internet hivemind has deemed that it hasn't aged particularly well is now being used to help sell the technologically impressive sequel?

Fuck, that sounds like the best counter to "ubiquity of media" I've heard in a while.
  • It always was lame. It was overhyped if anything.
  • I was super hyped on it when it first came out, played the demo and the intro is like holy shit wow this is awesome. Then once I got to the filler bullshit it just got boring. Then holy shit wowow Ryan PLOT REVEAL. OH NO VILLAINS ALL OVER. Then more boring.

The second one was better as a game but didn't have any of the zany Shyamalan twists.
  • Another spoiler:
    Hack something and deliberately set off the alarm.
    Hit big daddy with security bullseye.
  • New humble bundle is out.
    Android bundle. Nobody cares.
    They're still for PC too.

I care! The last one was great!
    I care! The last one was great!
    Also Splice! That's an awesome game.
  • edited November 2012
    1. Ryan is my father.
    2. The Ayn Randian paradise didn't work out so well.
    3. There is a square boss after Ryan.
    4. There are two different endings.
    In order: No, That's the setting and central premise of the game that's in every bit of media about it so no points for you, Ryan isn't a boss just a story beat, and yes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ummm...
    Ryan IS your dad. Or at least you're made from his sperm if you want to get technical.
  • edited November 2012
    Ummm...
    Ryan IS your dad. Or at least you're made from his sperm if you want to get technical.
    Oh wait, yeah, you're right. I thought he was a clone, but he's not, I didn't remember it correctly. Mea Culpa.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Hard to turn down that price if you want at least 2 of those games. I will purchase it once I get off work.
  • That's a great deal but my pc probably couldn't run any of the anyway. *sigh*
  • Battlefield 1942 is now free on Origin.

Downside? Origin.
  • I can give away the codes of the games I already have right?

Anyone need Red Faction: Guerrilla or S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
  • I can give away the codes of the games I already have right?

Anyone need Red Faction: Guerrilla or S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
    I don't have either one, but I also don't think I need either one.
  • Annnnnnd why did you answer.
  • edited November 2012
    Annnnnnd why did you answer.
    lols

Also, what should I do with my free copy of NS2 to give away? Who is so foolish as to have not bought it?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • This guy. I doubt it'll run well on my integrated graphics, though. I ran CS:GO over the summer and got overheat shutdowns.
  • This guy. I doubt it'll run well on my integrated graphics, though. I ran CS:GO over the summer and got overheat shutdowns.
    Well, it should probably go to someone who will play it.
  • I would love to try out NS2.
  • edited November 2012
    I would love to try out NS2.
    You didn't buy it??!?!

Also, why can't I find you in my Steam list?

Oh, there you are.
    Post edited by Apreche on