This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Okay, I've added you to my friends. It seems I have to wait for you to accept the invitation before I can send you a gift.
    Friend request accepted! Yay! Thanks in advance.
  • I dunno. The game is better than oblivion IMO but its about as fun as morrowind. If the previous games weren't your bag skyrim won't be your thing.
  • edited October 2012
    Okay, I've added you to my friends. It seems I have to wait for you to accept the invitation before I can send you a gift.
    Friend request accepted! Yay! Thanks in advance.
    No worries. I hope you enjoy the game.

I haven't even played it yet, myself. I'm still caught up in Guild Wars 2 for now.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I know X-COM came out today. Is it going to have DLC? Has anyone tested the multiplayer? I'm only buying it if there won't be DLC in the future or there is going to be hot multiplayer action right now. Otherwise, waiting for ultimate edition Steam sale.
  • I'm waiting for it to be under $20, as I always do.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm waiting for it to be under $20, as I always do.
    This one was really hard to do that, but I have also done this
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I know X-COM came out today. Is it going to have DLC? Has anyone tested the multiplayer? I'm only buying it if there won't be DLC in the future or there is going to be hot multiplayer action right now. Otherwise, waiting for ultimate edition Steam sale.
    Dunno if it's going to have DLC. Early reports are that the multiplayer is fun, but may (possibly) be unbalanced. Too early to tell.

There are not too many reports on the single player so far because everyone is having so much fun playing it that they forget to report back.
  • I don't care how good it is, I'm waiting. ;^)
    It's comments like those that make me want to buy it and gift it just so I can guilt you into playing it.
  • I've been getting gifted a lot of games suddenly recently..
  • I don't think I gifted you any games recently. I have been gifting a LOT of games recently though, because it's fun.
  • A lot of games are coming with free extra copies for friends. For example, I have an extra copy of NS2 now.
  • edited October 2012
    Does NS2 run on Source?

Incidentally, I have a Steam coupon for 75% off Portal 2. Is there anybody out there who actually does not own Portal 2 at this point who could actually use this?
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited October 2012
    A lot of games are coming with free extra copies for friends. For example, I have an extra copy of NS2 now.
    Yeah, that's part of it. Also, bundles. You get an extra copy of NS2 for buying NS2?

Also, is NS2 out now? I've been distracted with other games.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
    It's comments like those that make me want to buy it and gift it just so I can guilt you into playing it.
    You might cost me my job if you did that. =P

• edited October 2012
    NS2 is built on a pretty funky new engine called Spark. One of it's major features is that it uses no static lighting so any light can be moved around and altered on the fly while keeping decent performance.

Also make sure you send Rym a Total Fark subscription.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Anyone want in on the Airmech beta? I've got 2 codes for it.
  • Anyone want in on the Airmech beta? I've got 2 codes for it.
    I was in the alpha. It was amazing until they made it pay2win. Now, fuck 'em.
  • I haven't played it since the alpha. Herzog Zwei didn't originally hold my attention for more than the 3 days I had rented it for, either.
  • Oh fuck. Retro City Rampage is out now?! Slight discount on Steam until the 16th.
  • I'm very interested to hear your opinion of that game. I am considerably Meh.
  • For some reason I was under the impression the game was supposed to be more River City Ransom-ish.
  • For some reason I was under the impression the game was supposed to be more River City Ransom-ish.
    I am under the impression that it is more old school GTA with River City Ransom music/graphics. If necessary I will scout it out for the greater good. I was never able to play it at PAX due to lines, but I was able to watch it being played.
  • I think that was originally a GTA III retro remake, but it wound up being so good they got rid of all the references and made it into a full on retail game.
  • You can get $20 off an Origin purchase (i.e. a free $20 game. No minimum purchase or anything) with this coupon code: OS3874XVC
  • edited October 2012
    Doesn't seem to work for Mass effect 3.... ugh.

Of course the site is running at a snails pace.

Eh, Orgin fails again at almost getting a foothold on my computer and impulsing buying.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited October 2012
    Reddit has confirmed that it works for the following games:
    Dead Space
    Dead Space 2
    Dragon Age II
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead
    NFS Shift
    NFS Hot Pursuit
    NFS Undercover
    SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
    NFS World ($20 speed boost credit included)
    Medal of Honor
    Littilest Pet Shop
    Burnout Paradise the Ultimate Collection
    MySims
    Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
    Command & Conquer 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
    Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam DLC
    FIFA Soccer 12
    Sim City 4
    Mirror's Edge
    Shank 2
    Spore
    The Saboteur
    Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 1
    Bulletstorm
    Sims 3 add ons

Also, I got it to work for Back To Karkand.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Aggggah the search function on Origin is paralyzed, Every time I put in Dragon Age II I get Fifa Soccer.
  • Far Cry and Far Cry 2 are way cheap on gog.com Thinking it about to get some single player FPS action, which is lacking lately.
  • Use chrome incognito to get multiple games. Just add the game to your cart with the code and then log in when you check out.