This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yeah, last big sale event, Payday went up a few times.
  • edited November 2012

and have fun

also
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • So, I thought I'd play a little XCOM before bed, just to see what the fuss was about. Not too much, a mission or two. Maybe upgrade my guys a bit, try out some base building, see if the new one's as good as the original.

...and now it's 7am.
  • New crop of things to blow money on! I'm not buying any of it, except maybe Company of Heroes as a gift. However, I can heartily recommend:

Hard Reset: This is an incredibly old school FPS. Lots of enemies, good level design, not much in the way of stories, but a very fun game. Also the graphics are incredible.

Frozen Synapse: Very difficult RTS/Turn Based thing. Tactical shooting and stuff. Good game, well executed.

Super Meat Boy: Seriously, buy this.
  • I really like the mechanics behind frozen synapse, but the whole thing needs more character. I feel like I'm doing tactical simulations and calling it a game. If they made an xcom style game with the mechanics it would maybe be completely fucking awesome.
  • edited November 2012
    God damn it. I want ARMA II, Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs all at once! If I bought them, I'd probably just keep playing NS2 and CS:GO though. I've barely even touched Metro 2033 since I bought it last sale. I've barely even touched Metro 2033 and Trine 2 since I bought them on sale. I'll probably just hold out until the summer sale.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Awesomenauts is on daily deal now. With that price I'm considering buying it again. I already have it on Xbox, but maybe I would play it little more often on PC. But for those who don't have it already I recommend it, fast fun MOBA that does something little different with the genre.
  • I'm pretty sure I've still got a Portal 2 50% off coupon if anyone wants to use it with the price it is now to get it for like $2.50.
  • Sleeping Dogs is fucking fantastic. That said I am also a sucker for open city style gta clones, but the fighting mechanics are really fun. They are pretty similar to the batman arkham games. MP3 was fun but it just didn't really click well for me. I loved 1 and 2 but the third one just felt strange.
  • Max Payne 3 is only 12,50, and it is very much worth that price.
    Also, Garry's Mod is only 2,50 at the moment, which is great to pick up even if you only want to play Trouble in Terrorist Town, a Mafia (the party game) implementation for it (you also need Counter-Strike Source for it).
  • edited November 2012
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    There are games I didn't remember existed and want badly now.
    BUT I HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the one hand, this makes things easier. On the other, it makes things worse because the prices are SO. FUCKING. GOOD.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Guns of Icarus online is a flash sale
  • Planetside 2 is free. :D
  • Yay! A friend bought me xcom :3
  • Planetside 2 is free. :D
    Picking that up.
    Yay! A friend bought me xcom :3
    Your friends > My friends
  • Guns of Icarus online is a flash sale
    Brought the £10 one for my friends and I, going to into this shit and be all sky captain and all.
  • Anyone have an opinion of War of the Roses? I sunk a ton of time into Mount and Blade single player, but never did much multiplayer. I did play some Chivalry on my friend's PC and found it pretty damn frustrating. My friend insisted it's better than WotR, which turned me off it. Anyone think I'm making a mistake?
  • edited November 2012
    Guns of Icarus Online for $6?! WHY I NO HAZ MONEY?!! Fuck you, steam sale! Fuck. You.
  • edited November 2012
    What's your Steam ID again, Sonic?

Edit: Never mind!
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Guns of Icarus Online for $6?! WHY I NO HAZ MONEY?!! Fuck you, steam sale! Fuck. You.
    I have one to gift if you would like?

• edited November 2012
    What's your Steam ID again, Sonic?

Edit: Never mind!
    DUDE! ^_^ When I get paid this month, you are getting a copy of Burnout Paradise.
  • Don't worry about it, man! Get in on that steampunk action! >:D
  • edited November 2012
    If I ruled this forum, this pack (at its current price) would be a mandatory purchase for entry.

EDIT: Waaaiiittt... may contain DRM bullshit. Will keep updated...

EDIT2: Eh, took the plunge. I wanted Jet Set Radio anyway (which is $5 on Steam). I suppose the other games are just slightly-more-difficult-to-access icing on the cake.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • EDIT2: Eh, took the plunge. I wanted Jet Set Radio anyway (which is $5 on Steam). I suppose the other games are just slightly-more-difficult-to-access icing on the cake.
    I saw this, and now I'm six bucks poorer, but one copy of Jet Set Radio richer.

• edited November 2012
    I wont be getting JSR until I get a Xbox 360 controller. It's a game that needs a joystick.
  • I wont be getting JSR until I get a Xbox 360 controller. It's a game that needs a joystick.
    I already had one, so it wasn't a trouble.

• Other than Joy2Key, I'm unaware of a good way to use an XBox controller with your PC. Does a better one exist?
  • I've used Xpadder and it worked alright, but don't Xbox controllers just work out of the box anyway?
  • With a PC? o_O