This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yeah the wired Xbox controllers are supposed to just work with windows. I've seen them sold in the pc section as pc controllers. You can also get a dongle for the wireless controllers, or just use that usb charging cable.
  • Xbox 360 controllers work out of the box. Xbox controllers would need some sort of adapter, but they still work fine as a gamepad.
  • Yep, they work just fine. If they're not supported, Almost 100% of the time, it's the game refusing to support it.
  • @ Sonic - I meant 360. I never owned an original XBox so my brain works that way. Sorry for the confusion. >_<

All my controllers are wireless so I'll be needing to look into the dongle, I suppose.
  • All my controllers are wireless so I'll be needing to look into the dongle, I suppose.
    Here's the one Omnutia and I use.

• Bought the ninja game not thinking it was gonna be more on sale than it was. I was wrong.
  • Bought Hotline: Miami. DO NOT BUY. I spent $5 so you don't have to. Crashes all over the fuck. Music does not work.
  • edited November 2012
    Hotline was working for me yesterday, but it's crashing on me today. I think they just put through a bad patch or something. It's an amazing game, wait it out.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, I bought & beat HLM through Steam, and you're being silly if you let a definite date-related glitch keep you from playing this game. It's so, so, so good. Scott, it tests literally everything you want in a game--especially fast-twitch reflexes and strategic thought.
  • Yeah, I bought & beat HLM through Steam, and you're being silly if you let a definite date-related glitch keep you from playing this game. It's so, so, so good. Scott, it tests literally everything you want in a game--especially fast-twitch reflexes and strategic thought.
    A date related glitch? How is it date related? It's completely broken all over. It does seem to be a pretty good game if it fucking worked.

That is one thing that Nintendo still does mostly right, though not as well as they used to. Shit does not get the Nintendo Seal of Quality if it doesn't work. I really wish Steam would get serious about testing games. If a game is crashy, it shouldn't be allowed for sale on Steam in the first place. If something on Steam is crashy, users should get refunds, and the developer should should be penalized.

I know how hard it is to get things QA'd these days, especially games. No matter how difficult, expensive, or time consuming, it's still no excuse to sell faulty merchandise. This isn't free open source software where there is no warranty or guarantee that the software will work. This is something I paid money for. If it doesn't work, fuck you!
  • This is something I paid money for. If it doesn't work, fuck you!
    Uhh... played Hotline Miami recently, zero issues. Dunno what's wrong with yer shit.

• edited November 2012
    The only issue I've had after installing it on two computers is Steamworks doesn't work.
    That is one thing that Nintendo still does mostly right, though not as well as they used to. Shit does not get the Nintendo Seal of Quality if it doesn't work. I really wish Steam would get serious about testing games. If a game is crashy, it shouldn't be allowed for sale on Steam in the first place. If something on Steam is crashy, users should get refunds, and the developer should should be penalized.
    It's easy to have something like the Nintendo Seal of Quality when everyone playing the game is playing it on the exact same hardware, and the exact some OS. When you have two or three people making a game for an infinite number of hardware combinations, and you paid $5 for their game. I think you can cut them a little slack.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • A date related glitch? How is it date related? It's completely broken all over. It does seem to be a pretty good game if it fucking worked.

I know how hard it is to get things QA'd these days, especially games. No matter how difficult, expensive, or time consuming, it's still no excuse to sell faulty merchandise. This isn't free open source software where there is no warranty or guarantee that the software will work. This is something I paid money for. If it doesn't work, fuck you!
    Because I played it to completion two weeks ago with not a single crash.

It's probably not date-related; probably a bad patch. But, whatever. They're going to fix it, it's a fucking great game, and you're a dummy if you miss this game because of a minor inconvenience.
    This is something I paid money for. If it doesn't work, fuck you!
    Uhh... played Hotline Miami recently, zero issues. Dunno what's wrong with yer shit.

I gotchu.

• I was playing Hotline Miami yesterday with no problems.
  • edited November 2012
    Hotline Miami consistently glitches out if I hit people with thrown bricks. Fortunately, I have my timing with Tony the Tiger down so pat that I never have to use any weapon ever.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Hotline Miami has been a hot mess since launch, according to the internet. I guess I was just lucky to get through that game with no issues.
  • edited November 2012
    Chivalry is a damn good bit of fun. $12 is worth it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Scott, aren't you the one who is always bragging that he never has game computer problems?
  • I got to part two and its okay so far. It asked me if I wanted to activate steamworks because people were having trouble with it.
  • Civ V for $7.50 on Steam. The friends I was staying with when Hurricane Sandy hit picked it back up then and got addicted to it, so it seems good...
  • AmpAmp
    edited November 2012
    Chivalry is a damn good bit of fun. $12 is worth it.
    How does it play out? Is it basically a better verson of Mount and Blade?

Edit; Also what was the final judgement on Civ 5. I've been on the fence about getting it for a while now.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Sonic Generations is a must get for $7.49. Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD for $4.99 is not.
  • edited November 2012
    X-COM Enemy Unknown is $25 on Amazon today, the PC download version.

Update: Amazon gives you a product key which you can then put into Steam to download it so... that's downloading right now.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Sonic Generations is a must get for $7.49. Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD for $4.99 is not.
    Sonic Generations is a damn good game, if only for the two remixes of my favorite song in a Sonic game, City Escape.
    Sonic Generations is a damn good game, if only for the two remixes of my favorite song in a Sonic game, City Escape.
    Just listened to City Escape for the first time. Why is that song good again? Here are the two best sonic songs that I can think of right now.

• edited November 2012
    I suspect most of the Sonic songs on http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf are likely to be good ones, though I haven't listened to them all yet.

Also,
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2012
    Sonic Generations is a must get for $7.49. Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD for $4.99 is not.
    Just listened to City Escape for the first time. Why is that song good again? Here are the two best sonic songs that I can think of right now.
    It may just be that I really, really wanted Sonic Adventure 2 to be a good game, plus I love Crush 40.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Arkham City GOTY Edtion only 7,50€ right now. At that price a must buy.
  • Well. This is the last day of sales, and I still don't want anything for myself... yet I have $35 left in my Steam wallet. I guess it's time to see what else is super cheap that I want to buy as gifts.

Either that or I can save money for the next Steam sale.