This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I really just wanted FTL to be a couple bucks. Oh well, it'll probably end up in a Humble Bundle or Steam Christmas sale soon anyway.
  • edited November 2012
    I really just wanted FTL to be a couple bucks. Oh well, it'll probably end up in a Humble Bundle or Steam Christmas sale soon anyway.
    Pretty much guaranteed that it'll end up in a Humble Bundle - When you buy the game direct from their website it goes through the Humble Store (and gives you a Steam key). The only question is when.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I really just wanted FTL to be a couple bucks. Oh well, it'll probably end up in a Humble Bundle or Steam Christmas sale soon anyway.
    Pretty much guaranteed that it'll end up in a Humble Bundle - When you buy the game direct from their website it goes through the Humble Store (and gives you a Steam key). The only question is when.
    When they patch it to add hard difficulty.
  • Anecdotally people seem to be buying less and less each Steam sale. I know I used to shell out big time. I remember the first sale when I bought the complete Id pack. Oh yeah. They shut up and took my moneys. Not lately.

Yet, I keep reading articles about it being the biggest Steam sale ever! OMG, we made so much money this Steam sale! Who are the people still dishing it out for games they aren't playing?
    People for whom this is one of their first Steam sales. These consoles are getting rusty, and PC gaming is one the rise.

• edited November 2012
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • edited November 2012
    Super Hexagon is on Steam for you people without iOS. Super sale. Everyone get two packs and share.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221640/

Also, Magical Drop V now has a demo, so you can see if its incredible bugginess will affect you before paying.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Ok, so Magical Drop demo failed to launch on work PC. I cliked play, nothing happened.
  • guess it's buggy.
  • Is your computer plugged in?
  • Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
  • If those don't work Marty Chang has some helpful computer tips

• Format hard-drive, reinstall windows.

• Format hard-drive, reinstall windows.

Get solid state drive. Turn old hard drive into external holding 90% of Steam games.
  • New humble bundle with some games from THQ. I'd say it's worth it based solely on Metro 2033, but if you pay a little bit more than average, then you get Saints Row 3, another good game.
  • Goddamn theres a practically a humble bundle every month.
  • I had every game on it but the Red Faction and the Metros, so a dropped a few bucks. I wish we got extra copies because I can think of a few people who would appreciate Company of Heroes.
  • I'd say beating the average is worth it for Saint's Row 3 alone. All in all, it's probably the best deal yet to come out of a Humble Bundle.
  • Endless space is having a free weekend and is 50% off you should download it and try it out and then BUY it.
  • Beat the average just for Saints Row 3. I'm looking forward to seeing what games the'll add to the bundle in a few days. Now if only my pc could run it...
  • edited November 2012
    Great deal, except for I own everything except the CoH expansions. They'll probably throw in some Warhammer stuff though.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • No extra copies given for games you already have, but for $6 I'm happy with SR3 and the CoH series.
  • Does SR3 include its DLC?
  • Just got the Humble Bundle. Passing on Saints Row the Third.

Let me check who is online that wants it on my Steam friend list...
  • Everyone be trying to give away Saints Row III. From what I can tell it's a GTA clone with added ridiculousness.
  • SR3 is legitimately great.
  • HMTKSteve is awesome and gave me Saint Row III ^_^
  • Scooter, play it. It basically is, but the gunplay feels a bit more solid. You'll get the general idea after the first 20 minutes or so.
  • Everyone be trying to give away Saints Row III. From what I can tell it's a GTA clone with added ridiculousness.
    It's crazy fun, and surprisingly well written for a game.
  • Yeah, SR3 has probably my favorite story of any recent video game, just because it's so fucking ridiculous. There's a segment that takes place in the Metaverse.
  • Yup, I'll join the choir and say that SR 3 is awesome. Jury's still out which is better SR 2 or 3, but I'd take ether of those over GTA IV.