This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I'm getting the Deus Ex pack. It is one on the studio "must play list."
  • Hmmmm. Which Princes of Persia should I purchase?
    Sands of Time.
  • Yeah, the Gamecube disk is probably too damaged by this point.

Bought SMB and Sands of Time. Good calls, both.
  • If you're into console FPSs, you'll manage but it's very different than games like Half Life 2.
    I have no idea what this means. BC2 on the PC hardly qualifies as a console FPS and it's really a multiplayer driven game, unlike HL2.

I think BC2 is the best multiplayer shooter on the market right now.

Pros:
    Vehicular combat
    Wide variety of weaponry
    Rush mode is awesome
    The destructible environments are top notch
    It's essentially GI Joe the game

Cons:
    Unlock system, although not as bad as CoD unlocks
    Seems like players prefer sniper/recon over other classes at times
    If your team is getting rolled hard, it can get frustrating
  • I will consider it. I have till around 11am tomorrow to decide. Also, that Vietnam expansion looks mighty tempting, and Andrew tends to have powerfully good taste in balanced shooters.
  • I will consider it. I have till around 11am tomorrow to decide. Also, that Vietnam expansion looks mighty tempting, and Andrew tends to have powerfully good taste in balanced shooters military fanboy games.
  • edited December 2010
    Mass Effect 2 I have been waiting for. Too bad it doesn't have any DLC and price is still little bit high for my taste.
    BC2 would be nice, but I know it won't run on my computer.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I'm leaning towards super meat boy and Battlefield.. though I'm still thinking about oddworld...and I heard Fear is decent.
  • Hmmm... the page says $6.79 for battlefield, on checkout, it says $10. any ideas?
  • I'd say leave BC2 and wait for Monday Night Combat.

Ffff.. Want Fear Pack, Oddworld 3 & 4 and others but I'm alarmed that the page index at the bottom states "Today's deals.".
    In short: Good thing I already bought all but one of my Christmas presents!
  • Hmmm... the page says $6.79 for battlefield, on checkout, it says $10. any ideas?
    Costa Rican convenience charge. ^___~
  • edited December 2010
    And now there's a timer.. oh well, having money was nice.

And then I saw the "Dec 20 - Jan 2" image.. double-tits.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Just a heads up, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands requires a constant internet connection while playing, including the steam version.
  • Downsized from Fear Complete pack to just Fear 2.

Thanks for the heads-up, Joe.
  • Alright, for today's loot: Super Meat Boy, P.B. Winterbottom (not a daily deal, but 50 cents), and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I feel accomplished.
  • I think I'm gonna get Sands of Time as well. I have the discs around somewhere, but fuck it. Everything else that's on my wishlist I'm gonna wait on till the 2nd.
  • My sister JUST got a steam account. I bought Worms for her yesterday and she likes games like Splinter Cell and some FPS's (No zombies, though). Any suggestions? Her account name name is ToshiroTaka, by the by?
  • My sister JUST got a steam account. I bought Worms for her yesterday and she likes games like Splinter Cell and some FPS's (No zombies, though). Any suggestions? Her account name name is ToshiroTaka, by the by?
    Thief?
  • Buy her Portal. It's $3.75. There's really no other options when a good game is that cheap.
  • Buy her Portal. It's $3.75. There's really no other options when a good game is that cheap.
    Done.
  • It's also worth noting that Guns Of Icarus is in the $5 Indie Flight Pack.

My loot for the day:
    CS:S ($10)
    Lego Batman ($5)
    Super Meat Boy ($3.75)
    Deus Ex Collection ($3)
    Indie 2D pack ($5) (bought mainly for Geo Wars and VVVVVVVV)
    Indie Flight Pack ($5)
  • Super Meat Mensch and Winterass. Considering Sands and the Deus Ex pack as well.
  • No Civ deals that make it worthwhile. Feh.
  • Super Meat Boy, Lumines, and too many Indie packs to be healthy.
  • The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is actually surprisingly fun. And who can argue with $0.49 (as in FIFTY CENTS)?
    Costa Rican convenience charge. ^___~
    Colón-to-banana-to-dollars exchange rate. :D
  • Heads up: FEAR 2 by itself is 12GB. That whole pack is gonna take a while.
  • The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is actually surprisingly fun. And who can argue with $0.49 (as in FIFTY CENTS)?
    The game mechanic is awesome. You are a pie thief. What's not to love?
    The game mechanic is awesome. You are a pie thief. What's not to love?
    I'm not a fan of the multiple time interaction as used in that game. Some games can do it well, but most can't.