This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I tried playing The Blueberry Garden, not only does that game have a timer (Something that few games do well.), it doesn't even tell you about it untill the sea starts rising and kills you.
  • New deals! Burnout Paradise at $5 is pretty good. Defense Grid is worth it for $2. Otherwise, not much else today.
  • Nothing particularly amazing today. Puzzle Quest 1 is on sale for a $1.50 if you like bejeweled like games, Bioshock 2 for 10 bucks if you don't already have it. Other than that, nothing particularly great except an eff-you to whoever on my friends list bought the witcher the other day. I think it was Cremlian.
  • edited December 2010
    Other than that, nothing particularly great except an eff-you to whoever on my friends list bought the witcher the other day. I think it was Cremlian.
    Oh, I bought the Witcher over a year ago in a sale so I'm not sad, plus I've already put something like 30 hours into the game and I'm loving it. The game is pretty awesome if you are in the mood for a western RPG that is "mature" in a way that doesn't involve curses every five minutes. If you like a bunch of characters that are all shades of gray and where your decisions are not limited to good or bad but gray and gray. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes western RPGs and is not Scott Rubin and likes a dark world.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Ah. It's probably just that I only first noticed you playing it this week, then.
  • edited December 2010
    Men of War is the shit, and Rock Paper Shotgun tells me that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is quite good. They also told me that Men of War was worth playing, so I'm inclined to believe them.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • GoL is damn good to play with a friend.
  • I have it on good word that The Polynomial is pretty fun, well worth $2.50.
  • If anyone wants to play MoW multiplayer, let me know.
  • edited December 2010
    Polynomial doesn't work for me.

I had a go at the Revenge of the Titans but a game where you have to manually reload your turrets and empty your refineries doesn't seem to me like it leaves much time for strategy.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited December 2010
    Stocked up on Super Meat Boy, Portal, and Deus Ex Collection yesterday, and contemplating Polynomial and/or Burnout Paradise today.... hmmm...

EDIT: I Also picked up the Indie Flight pack for Guns of Icarus, and the Misadventures of PB Wintewrbottom.
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • You all should get Burnout Paradise! We can all play together! ^_^
    Done.
  • edited December 2010
    Stinking timezones.

I am loving me some Defence Grid.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I bought Defense Grid.
    Done.
    Yay, I can get more playtime out of that game! :D
  • I would buy Burnout in a heartbeat if my computer could handle the damn thing.
  • I already have it for PS3, I don't want to buy it again for PC
  • I would buy Burnout in a heartbeat if my computer could handle the damn thing.
    Just do it. If turning down the settings doesn't make it work, you at least have an awesome game waiting for you for when you eventually upgrade.
    I already have it for PS3, I don't want to buy it again for PC
    DO IT MAGGOT! I need more people to destroy!
    Just do it. If turning down the settings doesn't make it work, you at least have an awesome game waiting for you for when you eventually upgrade.
    Yeah, seriously, it's $5. I'd buy it for that if I didn't already have it.
    My computer is a laptop, and I don't think I can efficiently upgrade my CPU/video card. But I'm gonna buy it anyway.
  • Sup dawg, herd u had sum extra cash money during the Steam Sale so I put the GOG Sale in your Holiday Sales so you can have more fun while you pawn everything but your PC and two sets of clothes to buy discounted videogames.
  • These deals will one day bankrupt us all.
  • These deals will one day bankrupt us all.
    They know how to bend us...
  • Remember the StarCraft 2 mission where the Zerg would return every 24 hours to ravage the colonists? Steam sales = Zerg. Wallet = Colonists. 3 hours to go.

PS Burnout Paradise $5 today, best racer I've ever played, dust off the controller.
  • I think Burnout Dominator is a better game, though I encourage Criterion trying new things, grid based cities do not make for good races at that kind of speed.
  • Got Tropico Reloaded (Tropico 1 and 2 for £1.80) and PBWin.
  • If you don't already have Reccetear, it's time to Reccetear it up.
  • Capitalism, HO!
  • edited December 2010
    Nothing I want/need is on sale today. I'd recommend Ultimate (Island) Asshole and its DLC to anyone who doesn't have it, and obviously Recettear.

Bully and Venetian Asshole look interesting, but not worth my moneys.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on