This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I might get Bully. It's only 4 bucks.
  • Everyone who bought Humble Indie Bundle 2 was just given access to Humble Bundle 1, and now anyone who spends more than the average (currently $7.43) on Humble Bundle 2 also gets access to Humble Bundle 1.

Also, the Humble Bundle now includes Steam keys.
  • The premise of Bully always intrigued me a lot more than other Rockstar games, but I'm probably going to pass. I've been waiting on Recettear though, so getting that.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm buying Bully, I remember playing about 50% of the game and having lots of fun with it.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited December 2010
    Bully is like GTA but with a more enjoyable story, more entertaining atmosphere, and a smaller but more richly detailed environment. I recommend it.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I might get Bully. It's only 4 bucks.
    I played it a bit on the PS2 it's a fun game, but I only put a few hours into it before getting distracted. I definitely want to go back to it some day.

A bonus for Emily, You can get your guy to make out with other boys :-p
  • Sorry Indie Bundle, only one game in there I want but don't have.
    Getting Day of Defeat: Source and Bully.
  • Can a charitable US forumite send Bully my way, and I'll buy them another game back or pay them back via paypal?
  • edited December 2010
    Can a charitable US forumite send Bully my way, and I'll buy them another game back or pay them back via paypal?
    Alright. Friend me on steam and I'll do it tonight.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Can a charitable US forumite send Bully my way, and I'll buy them another game back or pay them back via paypal?
    Alright. Friend me on steam and I'll do it tonight.
    Awesome! thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    Re: Bully: If I hear one more girl say "I just love bunnies, they're so.. nice!", things could get hairy.
    What do you call rabbit meat? I couldn't find it on wikipedia so you get this picture instead.
    Also, supports 360 controller, probably something to do with the xbox port.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Does anyone know if the steam version of Assassin's Creed 2 still has the crazy drm?
  • Does anyone know if the steam version of Assassin's Creed 2 still has the crazy drm?
    On the page for each individual game, it usually says if there's any DRM. For AC2, it says:

3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.
  • I picked up Zuma's revenge and that's it for today.
  • I went to have a look at Railworks.. it has 69 DLC packs, totalling £335.
  • I went to have a look at Railworks.. it has 69 DLC packs, totalling £335.
    Yea, you are not supposed to buy all the DLC, just the particular trains and routes you want. (from what I was reading)
  • Yea, you are not supposed to buy all the DLC, just the particular trains and routes you want. (from what I was reading)
    That's kinda crappy that they are using the razor/blade model. That model works for Rock Band because everyone has different taste in music. I don't think it works for trains. They would be better off if they just had a flat price that got you everything. As it is now, I'm not even willing to try it out.
  • edited December 2010
    They would be better off if they just had a flat price that got you everything. As it is now, I'm not even willing to try it out.
    From what I gather you get a whole lot with just the original game. It's just extra trains and routes to my knowledge. (either way I'm not into trains like that)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Bought Recettear and Just Cause 2. Awesome.
  • I'll be honest: If you're on this forum, don't already have Recettear, and don't buy it in the next 2.5 hours, you're probably secretly an alien.
  • I'll be honest: If you're on this forum, don't already have Recettear, and don't buy it in the next 2.5 hours, you're probably secretly an alien.
    They might be one of those people who doesn't play video games at all, or maybe doesn't have Windows at all.
  • You're wrong, I'm actually a member of the dinosaur illuminati. I've still got Fallout 3 to play.
    They might be one of those people who doesn't play video games at all, or maybe doesn't have Windows at all.
    Pretty sure it works in Wine. :P
  • Does it count if I bought it for a friend but not myself.
  • Does it count if I bought it for a friend but not myself.
    No.
  • Yea, you are not supposed to buy all the DLC, just the particular trains and routes you want. (from what I was reading)
    That's kinda crappy that they are using the razor/blade model. That model works for Rock Band because everyone has different taste in music. I don't think it works for trains. They would be better off if they just had a flat price that got you everything. As it is now, I'm not even willing to try it out.
    I don't really know train people, but from the reputation of the hobby, I would not be surprised if people are so into them that they actually have taste in certain trains and routes. I can picture hipster train people who would scoff at others for the trains they like.
  • I don't really know train people, but from the reputation of the hobby, I would not be surprised if people are so into them that they actually have taste in certain trains and routes. I can picture hipster train people who would scoff at others for the trains they like
    As someone with a friend who is a "train guy" I can guarantee you that there are people out there who would buy the app and just certain trains and routes. These guys are finicky about every last detail of their model sets and layouts, only buy certain types of trains from certain manufacturers/eras, etc. You thought "comic book guys" were anal-retentive about their hobby? They've got nothing on the "train guys". The intent of that game isn't to sell you every single train and every single route (although I'm sure they'd be thrilled if you did buy them all), it's to give the "train guys" something akin to MS Flight Simulator to geek out on.
  • New offers are up, Wings of Prey and Darksiders look interesting but don't really grab me.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't really know train people, but from the reputation of the hobby, I would not be surprised if people are so into them that they actually have taste in certain trains and routes. I can picture hipster train people who would scoff at others for the trains they like.
    I've met a guy, at the Redlands museum, who was a serious train dude, but only fancied a particular line(the redlands line) And only in particular the Cargo trains and mixed trains(cargo and passenger). He thought that anyone who didn't take interest in the "Historical and interesting" trains like those wasn't a real train enthusiast.

Fuck that, Give me some Thomas the Tank engine with Ringo starr narrating. Or Earnest the Engine Car.

(NSFW, unless you work somewhere cool)
    Post edited by Churba on