This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Haha, when I saw the picture they had for Mass Effect 2, I thought they had made a "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" video game.

But yeah, nothing really compelling.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • IIRC there's always one meh day during every Steam sale.
  • edited December 2010
    Mass Effect 2
    If you haven't got this game.. You really should it is good and well worth the 10 bucks.

//Then again it is weird that Mass effect 1 and 2 are both the same price I bet before tomorrow they fix the price a bit. (like they did with Monkey Island which adjusted 10 dollars before the sale was through).
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I also noticed that Dead rising 2 is like 10% more cheaper if you own RE 5 so I guess there are hidden savings..
  • Darksiders is a pretty fun Zelda-ish game. I'd recommend it for $10. It's a bit more linear than Zelda games usually are but the combat's better. It's more fun than Twilight Princess in any case.
  • Is Risen any good?
  • I wanted a Silent Hunter game, but they use the Ubisoft Retarded DRM. I want Mass Effect 2, but I haven't completed Mass Effect 1. Dead Rising 2 looks like in might be a lot of fun.

Everything else is not up for consideration.
  • I wanted a Silent Hunter game, but they use the Ubisoft Retarded DRM.
    I so wanted to play SH but I am boycotting Ubi until they remove that stuff, I'm not even bothering to pirate it. I just want a good sub game. And while I'm wanting I want an updated Age of Sail game too. I miss age of sail combat.
  • I'm glad to see Recettear reached number ~5 on the Steam chart.
  • I want Mass Effect 2, but I haven't completed Mass Effect 1.
    That's really not a good reason to put off buying while it's 50% off. Just buy it now and wait to play it.
  • I want Mass Effect 2, but I haven't completed Mass Effect 1.
    That's really not a good reason to put off buying while it's 50% off. Just buy it now and wait to play it.
    It's a good reason. By the time he buys and beats 1, 2 will be even cheaper.
  • I don't think it'll get much cheaper than $10.
  • I don't think it'll get much cheaper than $10.
    Wait long enough, and it will be $1.
  • I got ME1 for $5 during the sale last year. I'm not in any rush to beat it; I have Dragon Age and FO: New Vegas to handle.

I will probably buy Silent Hunter III today. No Ubishit DRM and a 90% on Metacritic, as opposed to the crazy DRM and a 62% on SH V.
  • edited December 2010
    New Vegas on Sale at 40% off today.

ARMA II is tempting, but from what Andrew's shown us, I think I'd never play it. NV is today's sole purchase.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today, I'll likely get ARMA II, Torchlight and Claptrap's Robot Revolution. As usual, anyone who doesn't have Counter-Strike should buy it and get destroyed on the Geeknights server :P.
  • Nothing too interesting that I don't have already. I was almost disappointed for the lacking quality of Steams Christmas presents, but then I remembered that rest of the world gets their gifts tomorrow instead. Maybe we get something nice then.
  • edited December 2010
    I would get New Vegas, but I learned my lesson with Fallout 3, I'm going to fucking wait till a game of the year or complete edition comes out.. DLC have pretty much made it so I'll never buy a single player game early in the cycle. Unless it has multiplayer or doesn't have a DLC model.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I would get New Vegas, but I learned my lesson with Fallout 3, I'm going to fucking wait till a game of the year or complete edition comes out.. DLC have pretty much made it so I'll never buy a single player game early in the cycle. Unless it has multiplayer or doesn't have a DLC model.
    True that.
  • Considering Saints Row 2, nothing else grabs my interest.
    Saints row could be great fun if it runs well. I should have enough power in my computer to run it, but it's unplayable. Heard that it's bad console port and it will not be fixed. But if it works it's well worth the price.
    Saints row could be great fun if it runs well. I should have enough power in my computer to run it, but it's unplayable. Heard that it's bad console port and it will not be fixed. But if it works it's well worth the price.
    The pirated version ran better than the oficial release when I bought the game.
  • The first piece of New Vegas DLC is out as a 360-exclusive. No PC plans have been announced. I'm not holding my breath, so I bought the game.
  • edited December 2010
    Got CS:S for my sister. I believe we now have a new way to settle our differences.

Of course, I'll still win. >:-D
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Everyone should at least try Saints Row 2. I'm going to give Battlefield 2 a go.
  • Saints Row 2.
    I got it in a pack long ago, I gotta finish Super Meat Boy and the Witcher and whatever shooter I am playing at the moment for fun.
  • Ghost Recon complete pack for $9.99. Worth it? Or should I just buy one game? Or do they all suck? (I really have no idea)
  • edited January 2011
    So I got a $20 prepaid credit card for steam. Torchlight, Claptrap, ARMA, or Torchlight, Claptrap, mystery gift in 2 hours?
    Edit: I think I'll hold off on ARMA until more people have it. If steam fails, I have the humble indie bundle to fall back on.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • That Hacker Evolution game that's in the Indie Future Pack (with Uplink) is basically a modified *NIX command prompt with an Uplink-like map for bouncing your connection. More realistic? Sure, I suppose. More fun? Depends on how much of a thrill you get from typing commands into a prompt.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best single player games I've played in a long time. It's $7.50 right now.